SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Spiritual Warfare

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Spiritual Warfare

So several months ago I decided that I was going to take seriously the Scriptures regarding sin. I know I can't walk in sinless perfection in this life; however, I desire to live my life worthy of the calling which I have received through the power of Holy Spirit.

That being said, I am failing miserably. I studied Biblical spiritual warfare for weeks and I learned a lot. I have applied it in several areas of my life and been successful in engaging the enemy, but there are other areas of my life where it seems to be having the opposite effect. It has made me more painfully aware of short comings in my life. I am clinging to Christ as best as I can, but it's getting to the point where I am despairing. I have been humbling myself and confessing sins to brothers and trying my best to drag them out into the light.

I could definitely use some prayer. But I would also like some advice. I know God is faithful to fulfill His promises. And I know that my sin is not some unfair trial, but is a result of my own fleshly desires. The temptation to get angry at the Lord is frequently present, but when I look at the scriptures and think about the trials, I know it isn't remotely His fault.

Thanks.

2016/4/4 12:41Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Spiritual Warfare

The fact that you are posting this on the forum indicates you are not doing to badly.

Maybe you need to stop keeping score and just rest in Him.

2016/4/4 14:27Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Zac Poonen - Overcoming Sexual Lust and Temptations
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gsUyXDpLqQ

OVERCOMING SINS OF SEXUAL ADDICTION – Zac Poonen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hqnVB2JXqw

Overcoming Sin by Zac Poonen
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=18796&commentView=itemComments

Entering The Life Of Victory by Zac Poonen
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=56028&forum=34

excerpt from the article:

We should not be afraid of the word, “perfection”. We must press on to it. Paul said towards the end of his life, “I have not yet reached the top. But I am pressing on” (Phil.3:12-14). The Lord is now saying to many of us, “You have stayed at the foot of this mountain long enough. Now climb it. Press on.” So let’s not turn to the left or to the right.

You can’t build the church with people who are interested in material things. You can build the church only with people who are interested in heavenly things and a godly life. Don’t attract the wrong type of people to your church by offering people earthly prosperity. Does God’s word promise you that He will give you a house or a car? No. God’s Word promises that you can overcome sin; that you can come into a life where you rejoice in the Lord always - 24 hours a day – without being depressed, discouraged or defeated - always triumphant, always rejoicing and always giving thanks, in everything and for all people. This is the new covenant life (Canaan’s land flowing with milk and honey) that the Bible promises. Confess it then and say, “Lord, this is the life I want to live all my days.”

That’s the life I wanted to live, when I was a young Christian and saw what the Bible offered me. But when I looked at the Christian leaders around me, I saw that they were defeated by sin. So I said, “Lord, I don’t want to judge them. That’s not my business. But I don’t want to look at them as my examples either. I want to look at God’s Word alone. I want to look only at Your promises. I want to look at Jesus as my only Example.” I was defeated for many years as a believer. But once I saw my inheritance in Christ, I kept on confessing the promises of God in Scripture - that promised me a life of constant joy and constant victory. God finally gave me the desire of my heart. That is how I want to live now, and that is how I want to live until the end of my life.

2016/4/4 14:37Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Dear Brother,

Both of the above responses are sound advice and it's also important to be aware there is a "refining" process when one seeks purification, as this can be painful, but is well worth it-
God gives us the desires of our heart so it's likely that He put it into your heart to seek Him in this way:)

You used the term "I" 15+ times in your initial post and it reminded me of Paul in Romans 7 as he wrote the same and then contrasted it with the words in Romans 8. Perhaps studying those chapters might be of use to you during this season to at least know you are not alone in your experience and that the "super apostle" went through much the same:)

Also, without sounding "preachy", it's profitable for us to be mindful of the fact that Christ has already obtained victory for us, and we are presently seated in Him at the right hand of the Father. (Eph 2:6) There isn't a more secure place in existence than any the right hand of God inside His beloved Son:)
God Himself placed us there by His own will (1 Cor 1:30).
He did this without any help from us, so it is a place of rest and peace:)

God is light and in Him is no darkness (1 John 1:6a)
Where is God? Inside you dear brother:))) Christ in you the hope of glory!
Now if we say we have fellowship but walk in darkness we lie and don't practice the truth (1John 1:6b)
Notice he said "practice the truth" right after affirming that God is light and in Him is no darkness.... He didn't say if we walk in darkness we don't "know" or "believe" but that we aren't "practicing" the truth.... And what is the truth? That you have already been made whole by the blood once you where born again after an incorruptible seed, meaning you can't tear up or break down:))) God didn't "rebuild" your engine,... He gave you a brand new one that will last forever:))) So why is it "not working"....? Because we can't run the new engine on the "old fuel" (things of the world).... It takes godly fuel to produce godly fruit, "unless you eat of my flesh"....

So be (a state of being) renewed in the spirit of your mind, for now you have the mind of Christ:))) and rest dear brother in the loving arms of your Father and let His Spirit have sway in all you do and IF you mess up, don't freak out for we have an advocate before the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:)))
(1 John 2:1)

In faith,
Fletcher

2016/4/4 15:19Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Exactly Fletcher!

2016/4/4 15:22Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

We can dump our negative thoughts/emotions on God, and He won’t get angry ... But God also wants to help us overcome.

2016/4/4 16:40Profile

Re:

I struggled with this for YEARS even as a believer. Here's Another great message that God brought across my path to solidify my final dieing/deliverance from it, & used it in a brother I know's life too. He didn't like the "directness" at first, but later came around to understanding that's exactly what he needed & says now it started the progress of seeking out & laying hold of Christ for once and for all deliverance in this area. I have come to LOVE such directness, (when true & powerful, prophetically empowered).
God Bless!

Paul Washer, "Abstain From Sexual Immorality, 1 Thessalonians 4"

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/YQPRp2K8LjA

2016/4/4 17:11

You have got to die brother. Oh l know that many will say they have already died being in Christ on the Cross and yes we did already die positionally, but unless that is translating to the practical sphere, something is missing.

Sadly it is missing in most of today's supposedly holiness teachers like Paul Washer. You must have the Cross before the crown. Washer is teaching old testament morals however in that video. He did not speak about the fact that Jesus said that even a lustful thought is as bad as the act and these preachers are unable to say how to do it so they make men feel guilty instead.

You cannot use will power to combat flesh. It has to die (not the self). Flesh also includes all of our good intentions to obey God.

The old time holiness preachers could tell people how to do it. It is by ' reckoning' that we are dead to sin. It is by giving up all rights to ourselves and deciding that we will sin no more because Christ came to save us from sin.

We must prepare ourselves for our white funeral as Oswald Chambers said. Brother beware that many will come to you and say don't worry, don't look at your sins but look to Christ when in fact Christ wants you to see your failures and your betrayals to Him.

Flesh will do anything to avoid this death and many get close but do not go through with it and these pseudo holiness teachers will be a comfort with their messages of try harder! That suits man's flesh as he would rather think he can do something rather than crumple down at the foot of the Cross and give himself 100% to anything that Christ commands.

Real the old holiness writers if you want encouragement and stay clear of the new wave holiness lot.

2016/4/5 9:51
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Brother Greg,

Do you have the actual sermons the youtube links came from on here?

Thanks!

2016/4/5 9:59Profile
dohzman

I love simple

Rom 12:21
Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

There is many good posts, sermons, books , advice christian articles, but in the end it all comes down to one very simple precept/principle, "Do" good or righteous Jesus said it this way Mat 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Simply seek His right actions in everyday life and as you journey the sin issues and habits will drop off, its built into the Christians daily walk. I love simple. God Bless Bro....DMiller

2016/4/5 10:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy