SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Pastor Ken Miller's first letter from prison

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Pastor Ken Miller's first letter from prison

His letter is posted on millercase.org

We need to keep this man and his family in our prayers.
And that he does not lose heart while in prison. Many of
You know the hardships encountered in the U.S prison
System.

Lord, strengthen your son Ken for this time in prison.
Safeguard him and bring him help from the Sanctuary.
May he keep his eyes on you and suffer the indignities
of prison life remembering what you went through.
Calm him and give him your peace and assurance when
he is missing his family and being unable to provide for
them as he has always done knowing you will take care of them.
Give him wisdom, discernment and enable him to find believer
friends and take away all fear as he faces unknown situations.
Lord, use this dear pastor to bring many to Yourself in Petersberg prison.
May hungry hearts find Pastor Miller. Protect him from harm and deception.
In Jesus name I pray

Leslie

2016/4/4 0:05

Re: Pastor Ken Miller's first letter from prison

Father I pray strengthen your son, our dear brother as he walks through the trial of prison. Let him carry Your manifest presence. Let him manifest the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Jesus to those around him. Lord Jesus be Ken's vision. Lord Jesus be His encouragement. Lord Jesus use this brother for Your Glory during this time in prison.

I pray this in Your Name. Amen.

Brother Blaine

2016/4/25 6:45
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Here is his update saints, I read it and it was edifying, let us keep him in prayer:

April 20, 2016 Dear Brothers and Sisters, "Verily, Verily I say unto you, except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it, and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal." (John 12:24-25) There is always an indefinite time between spiritual corn-planting and the harvest. If that time could somehow be compressed or removed and we could immediately see the glorious reward of "dying", wouldn't we all choose to give up our lives? But that's not how the universe works. "When the days were accomplished," Mary brought forth God's Son. "When the days are accomplished", our spiritual harvest will be gathered. It takes a process of time. Our problem is often spiritual short-sightedness-- in truth, a lack of faith--which results in the inability to "see" the fruit that will come from "hating our lives in this world." If we focus on the short-term inconvenience and pain of giving up our own desires and ambitions, we’ll likely draw back, forgetting that preserving our lives now means sure death later. May God give us a vision into the future harvest, a vision which will inform our decisions in the present. "While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal." It's hard to know what all I should write. So much has happened in the last two weeks or so. I've settled into somewhat of a routine, by God's grace. I was pleasantly surprised to be invited to a new cell 2 days ago. this meant leaving an 18-man dorm for a 4-man cell. I love the change. It's much quieter and much more peaceful. The vulgarity and profanity at the larger dorm was almost unbearable at times. The bunk I had was an upper bunk with springs. Depending how you roll around, the springs emit a sickening "crunch." One is always concerned about dropping pretzel crumbs or other undesirable material on the man below. Plus, with my length-challenged legs, I always had to strain to get myself up off a chair at the end of the bunk, up over the end rail, and onto the mattress. Getting down was even worse, especially in the early morning darkness while the men around me were still sleeping. Now, in the new cell it's much more convenient. While it's not the Ritz Carlton, I do have a bottom bunk which eliminates the need for advanced gymnastic skills. My bunk has a sturdy steel frame which means the man above me doesn't shake the whole bed as he moves around. The cell even has a tiny sink which is usable and a toilet which is not. My cell mates are Don, Luke and Adar. (Not their real names.) They have built up a reputation for keeping their cell "ship-shape." So much so that when it comes time for the bi-weekly inspection, the unit leaders often show the inspector this cell as a representative cell. So I have a high house-keeping standard to live up to. Even leaving your Bible lying on your well-made bed goes against protocol. I learned that the hard way already. But the guys are super nice and hardworking. Adar is on the cleaning crew for this unit and buffs the tile floor in the hallway every three days with windex. The floor in here SHINES. I'm sure this has helped propel ancient Richmond Hall to the top of the inspection list, a fact all of us are quite pleased about. Please pray that God would help me be a faithful representative of the invincible, irrepressible life of Christ, wherever He puts me in here. The other significant blessing: I was given a job on the landscape crew--the job I wanted. I started yesterday, and for the last two days actually managed to get some dirt under my fingernails again, as we cleaned up flowerbeds and trimmed shrubbery around the compound. The best part is being allowed to get outside into the sunshine and fresh air while doing something useful. Like every other aspect of prison life, one has to adapt to a different set of expectations. Let's just say, I know from personal experience now, that private enterprise is far more effective than state run systems! For every hour "worked" we might actually WORK for 10-15 minutes. Hopefully I will earn my pay, the grand sum of $20 monthly. The other big news this past week was the 36-hour power outage here at Petersburg Low. There is no back-up power. So tempers were fraying a bit by the time the power came back on. We were locked inside our building (Richmond Hall) during that time except when we went to get our meals and during a fire drill. For two days we ate peanut butter and jelly and bologna sandwiches because the kitchen was out too. Amazingly I still like peanut butter. The outage was reportedly caused by someone unthinkingly turning off a steam condensate return value, which shunted all the condensate from the massive steam system here into a basement enclosure, filling it with three feet of water and burning up a main transformer, which strangely, is still installed in that basement. I talked with one of the maintenance fellows who was on the steps starting down into the water to turn off that value. Suddenly, they heard popping electrical noises. "Stop!" yelled the supervisor. If they had gone in, the maintenance man told me, "I'd be lying in the morgue today." Praise the Lord for His protection over those men! I praise the Lord also, for all your care and prayers! Love in Christ, ken

Learn more and support the millers at: http://millercase.org

2016/4/25 6:56Profile
Jeremy221

Re: Pastor Ken Miller's first letter from prison

Can you summarize Ken Miller's story?

I tried to pick it out of the site you linked but it seems lost in the details. There are probably others new to this who could use a clear introduction as well.

2016/4/25 6:58Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

The Lisa Miller story has been a difficult and complex one. In the year 2000, Lisa entered into a civil union in the state of Vermont with another woman. They traveled there for the registration, as their home state of Virginia did not recognize civil unions. While in this relationship, Lisa conceived through artificial insemination and in 2002 a daughter, Isabella, was born. Isabella is now nine years old.
In late 2003, Lisa rejected her homosexual lifestyle and accepted Jesus Christ’s forgiveness and love. Consequently, she filed to dissolve the civil union with her former partner. Thus began the long and complicated struggle for the custody of Isabella which has now stretched out for seven years and has involved the courts of both Vermont and Virginia.
In April of this year, Timo Miller was arrested in connection with Lisa and Isabella’s disappearance. In October, all charges against Timo were dropped. The story continues with a criminal complaint from the Federal Government now being brought against Ken Miller, an Anabaptist pastor from Virginia.
See http://www.catholic.org/national/national_story.php?id=35149 for more info.

2016/4/25 7:13Profile
Jeremy221

Re:

Thanks Greg. What's Ken's role?

2016/4/25 7:45Profile

Update: May 8, 2016

Third letter from prison. Miller case.org

Brother Ken addresses 'Death to a Dream'.
The cost of discipleship.

Let us remember him in our prayers. You may also write to him in prison.

Sis L

2016/5/12 9:39
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re: Update: May 8, 2016

Ken Miller is doing what most of us would not do. His inner man is upheld by the Spirit of God. A crushing and life-sucking experience that he chose in the Lord. He chose to break the law because the law was a raw exercise of power and a fist at God's face that insisted on offending a little one. This single act of imprisoning Ken Miller is more than enough provocation to merit a wholesale judgment from God on America. We are nationally guilty. To the man almost this nation would imprison Ken Miller and sanction the enforcement of a wicked family court decision.

When Christians are imprisoned here it will not be on the grounds of faith in Jesus. It will be on manufactured claims of vile behavior. Your brothers and sisters will soon be accused of things all of us will seem as wicked but the accusations won't be true. Settle it now in your hearts that false claims against believers are already happening to discredit even them in the eyes of fellow Christians and to ridicule the name of Christ. Christians will hate one another without cause precisely by reason of having to choose either a false claim of wickedness that looks rock solid in proof against a brother or sister or to risk being called a supporter of evil and shunned by those who love an appearance of righteousness. That is our coming dilemma.

2016/5/12 10:19Profile
Jeremy221

Re:

Here's a link to an earlier post that helps explain his situation better.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=48519&forum=48

I think the basis of him being put in prison is because he aided Lisa Miller in getting her daughter out of the country so that she couldn't be turned over to her ex-lesbian lover's custody. The post probably goes into more detail.

2016/5/12 10:31Profile

Re: Tim

Brother agree with your post. Paul Washer said in his message that is here on Sermon Index that Christians will not be imprisoned for their faith in Christ. But they will be imprisoned as enemies of the state.

I believe this is what our brother Ken Millar has been inprisoned for. He has been inprisoned of being an enemy of the state. Or I should say more correctly an enemy of the politically correct ideology of our day. He will be the first of many to be imprisoned. And he will be probably the first of many to be put to death.

As sister Leslie said let us keep this brother in our prayers.

Brother Blaine

2016/5/12 18:48

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy