SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Focusing on the important things.. JESUS.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
EAGLEFLYING

Focusing on the important things.. JESUS.

April 3
The Ultimate Peace
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psalm 23:4
English-born Isaac Watts (1674-1748) came to know the Lord at a very early age and set his course toward the ministry. At age four, he began studying Latin, Greek and Hebrew. By 16, he began his studies at an academy in London where he remained three years, “studying with such zeal and application as permanently to injure his health.” By age 33, he released a collection of 210 hymns for the church—the first of its kind. He battled for his health the last 36 years of his life in order to continue preaching and writing. How could he continue to drive himself so hard and accomplish so much for the kingdom of God? Because Watts knew his Shepherd. He had followed the Lord’s divine leading and had heard His sweet voice.

Let me hear Your voice, Jesus, my Savior, let me hear Your voice walking upon the waters; when I am tossed about upon the waves of distress and difficulty, speak to my soul and say, “It is I, be not afraid.”

Jesus can support me in the heaviest distresses, though all the sorrows I fear should come upon me. He can bear me on the wings of faith and hope, high above all the turmoil and commotion of life: He can carry me through the shadow of the dark valley and scatter all the terrors of it.

Watts was intimate with Jesus. That, dear saint, plain and simple, is the ultimate peace. When you remain in close fellowship with the Lord, no matter what valley of death you find yourself in, the Great Shepherd is with you—against whom no foe can stand!
Leviticus 6; Psalms 5-6;
Proverbs 21; Colossians 4

Be Blessed
In JESUS
sister Frannie/Eagleflying

2016/4/3 20:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy