SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Gods Not Dead 2

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Just saw the movie. God is Not Dead Part 2 is a very good movie. Excellent to see. Very family-friendly. Don't want to spoil it for those who have not seen it yet. But again well worth seeing.

The movie has loose connections to the first one. But not necessarily a continuation of the first one. And I think I see in this movie God is Not Dead Part 3 coming out. But I will leave that to the moviegoer to figure that out.

I can relate to the movie because I live in Little Rock. The courtroom scenes took place in the state capital building in Little Rock. This is a building I have worked in. So the scenery is quite familiar to me. But then I guess I'm a little biased.

One statement I will share that came out of the movie was the one made by the teacher. This will probably be one classic statement that we will all remember. She said I would rather stand with God and be judged by the world. Rather than stand with the world and be judged by God. Really resonated in my spirit.

So go see the movie and enjoy.

Brother Blaine

2016/4/1 17:36

Re:

Did you stay in the theater until AFTER the credits finished rolling? If you left early (or if others do), you'll have missed something we wouldn't probably have caught if I didn't have a sleeping toddler on me & 5 other kids running around last night. Don't want to give it away, but it is what made me think a part 3 was possible in the thought process/works

2016/4/1 17:41
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

One reviewer said this:

"If any movie treated Christians as badly as God's Not Dead 2 treated atheists, then Christians would be entirely justified in making another God's Not Dead movie about it."

Is there any truth to this statement?

2016/4/2 17:14Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Sree, brother, I dont know what you are talking about a worldly sounding voice in the Newsboys' Like a Lion.

Just watched last 30 seconds of it again. Sorry. Dont see it.

2016/4/2 17:55Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Tim he is talking about the part toward the end when they do a voice effect saying "Gods not dead he's surely alive". Hard to exactly describe what the actual effect is- sort of electronic-y. Not otherworldly.

2016/4/2 19:15Profile

Re: Jeff

Brother I did not stay to see the whole credits roll. Actually it would have been hard for me to read them. But based on something I saw in the movie. And again don't want to spoil it. I do believe a God is Not Dead 3 coming out.

Brother Blaine

2016/4/2 19:20

Re:

What do you expect the world to say? This film is based on the true events of 24 alliance defense fund court cases against the ACLU suing or attempting to get fired educators for daring to say the name of Jesus. The "reverse psychology poor victim aetheist portrayal is Unchristian" bit is a little bit of a tired & predictable reaction. But what do you expect the world to say really?

The ACLU or Freedom FROM religion foundations are the ACCUSORS/Plaintiffs in these cases, not the Christians just trying to defend their right to say the name Jesus, or have a Bible verse on a post-it on their computer, or have a Bible out on break reading it, etc.

2016/4/3 0:29

Re:

I'll email you Blaine & fill you in on what you missed. 😊

2016/4/3 0:31
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Oh, ok. Yeah, that is just part of the song. Not sure why that is scary. But hey I am always mishearing lyrics myself.

2016/4/3 0:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy