SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : It's Not Just Times Square—Altars to Baal Will Be Built Around the Wolrd

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 It's Not Just Times Square—Altars to Baal Will Be Built Around the Wolrd

The reproductions of the 50-foot arch that stood at the Temple of Baal in Palmyra, Syria, that will be erected in New York City and London next month will only be the first of many. As you will see below, it turns out that there are plans to put arches in hundreds more cities all over the globe. The organization behind this is the Institute of Digital Archaeology, which is a joint venture between Harvard University, the University of Oxford and Dubai's Museum of the Future. The initial arches from the Temple of Baal that will be erected in New York and London as part of UNESCO's World Heritage Week in April are intended "as a gesture of defiance", but ultimately the plan is to share this "cultural treasure" with as many cities around the planet as possible.

If you go to Times Square in New York or Trafalgar Square in London late next month, you will not be able to miss these giant arches. According to the New York Post, they will be 48 feet high and 23 feet wide ...

The life-size model of the original 2,000-year-old structure, known as the Arch of the Temple of Bel, will stand approximately 48 feet high and 23 feet wide.

I suppose that it is appropriate that these giant arches are going to be made in China, because it seems like almost everyone is being made over there these days.

But these are not the only two giant arches that are going to be made. That same article from the New York Post says that the Institute for Digital Archaeology ultimately hopes to put 1,000 of these arches in cities all over the globe ...

The institute plans to construct approximately 1,000 such versions of the arch in cities throughout the world.
If you are anything like me, this is an extremely disturbing development. Baal worship is definitely not something that we should be celebrating as a society. There were very good reasons why the God of the Bible found it so incredibly repulsive. The following description of what went on during Baal worship comes from Scott Brown...

We know that there were usually lots of people gathered, often on a high hill (like a theatre or stadium) to observe public sex, just like we see in movies and television and on the Internet (Num. 22:41, 1 Kings 12:25-33). We think that our watching these things is different than the idolatry of old, but this is not so.

The whole community came out and all of the best pagan ideas for success in crops and fertility were promoted, just like a business seminar that promotes unbiblical ideas that justify the worldliness of its origin.

The wicked personalities (promoters and performers) were respected and given the platform (like rock stars and Hollywood's "People'.) Some of them were great dancers (like Brittany Spears and Madonna) while others were great musicians (like Mick Jagger and Paul McCartney) (1 Kings 15:12-14). In our day, people who go to our churches celebrate celebrities when they should be doing the opposite. Psalm 101:1, 3 says "I will walk in my house ... I will set no wicked thing before my eyes ..."

People danced around the Asherah pole, which was nothing more than a phallic symbol. It is quite possible that these poles functioned somewhat like the poles in what are called, "gentlemen's clubs." The people also acted out lustful, licentious, bawdy scenes for the enjoyment of all who came (Is. 57:5-8; Deut. 23:17).They had all the different kinds of sexual experiences on display including men with women, men with men and all of the combinations that are popular today in sitcoms, movies and news reports. On top of that, they invited the crowd to participate (1 Kings 14:24).

read more: http://www.charismanews.com/world/56074-it-s-not-just-times-square-altars-to-baal-will-be-built-around-the-wolrd

2016/3/27 21:33Profile

Re: It's Not Just Times Square—Altars to Baal Will Be Built Around the Wolrd

brother Greg, I would take everything Charisma News posts with a huge pinch of salt:-) They pay christian ministers - who are clearly "off the wall", to write articles for them. What does this say about their discernment and reliability as a publication sense?

2016/3/28 2:27
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Brother Mark,

Fully agreed brother that Charisma News at times is a less desirable place to find good content and news. David Ravenhill, Steve Gallagher, Shane Idleman, Micheal Brown and some other good brothers do contribute there so there can be value at times in what is shared from a Biblical perspective.

This news item to my knowledge was not broken by Charisma News but is something valid that is happening and there is spiritual significance of some sort when old temples to Baal and other Gods are erected. For instance CERN in Switerzland has the god shiva, the god of destruction statue infront of their headquarters. There is a reason why demons encouraged this to happen.

But I do agree with Charisma and I would say we need a block of salt not just a pinch dear brother. Discernment is probably one of the greatest needs amongst the body of Christ in North America right now.

2016/3/28 7:26Profile
havok20x

Re:

I verified this article in the New York Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/20/opinion/sunday/life-among-the-ruins.html?_r=0

While they are not building the temple, they are reproducing the arch, which is the entrance to the temple in both New York and London.

The USA already does everything else in regards to Baal worship, might as well have the arches too.

2016/3/28 9:08Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Can someone ignorantly "bow the knee" to Baal?

Just a question.

2016/3/28 10:10Profile
dohzman

Re:

Worship= worth ship, that is what bowing the knee means, to ascribe worth to. We see idols for what they are, worthless-empty-vain. I do not think a christian will bow their knees to any idol ignorantly, bowing could be a type of yielding the will but still even in typology it wouldn't be in ignorance.

2016/3/28 10:37Profile

Re:

I see what you are saying brother Greg, this pub can serve a good purpose. I guess I just wrote them off as kooky and lacking in discernment since they promote some very kooky authors.

It remains to be seen however, how this arch thing plays out. There was a huge uproar over the satanic church monument erected here in Houston. However it really is nothing but a side-show...a gimmick. Even a distraction from what satan is already doing to destroy lives.

Satan doesn't use gimmicks or arches, he uses much more insidious means. The real idols that satan has erected in every home in America have come in via television, smart phones and music players. Americans bow their knees willingly to these idols and let them deep into their lives, every hour of every day.

And yet very few christian institutions even blink an eye...thus showing what a "superb" job satan has done on America!!!

2016/3/28 11:23

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy