Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : India is Rising

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 India is Rising

The world seems like a very dark and depressing place at the moment. If we spend too much time watching the news it’s easy to think that evil is winning and God’s kingdom is losing. Nothing could be further from the truth! We recently spent an extended period of time meeting our project leaders throughout Asia. After weeks of praying and strategizing with these key co-workers, we felt greatly encouraged. Despite many hardships and struggles, the kingdom of God is advancing in extraordinary ways, and entire communities are being transformed by the Gospel of Jesus Christ. (Picture below: Young Indian Christian children praying fervently over a map of India, asking for the salvation of Jesus Christ to come to their nation.)

https://img.sermonindex.net/pdf/prayingforindia.jpg

We have been serving the Lord in India since 1991. Anyone who has spent time in India knows that it’s a place of chaos and confusion, and we struggled to see how the myriad of more than 2,300 unreached people groups within that amazing country could ever be reached. More than once we said, “India is so complex that only God can reach it.” Well, we have some good news: God is reaching India! Indeed, we would like to make a bold prediction: In the next decade or so, India will be home to more Christians than China! We are thankful to be in a position to help encourage this work in India through our various projects, including the Asian Bible Fund, Asian Workers' Fund and other strategic initiatives.

We are hearing many reports from India that remind us of what God did in China during the height of the revival in the 1990s. Experts say India will surpass China as the world’s most populated country just six years from now, in 2022. India’s population currently stands at over 1.2 billion people. The government claims that 3.5% are Christians, which would give a total of about 42 million believers. However, every Indian church leader we know says the government’s estimate is ludicrously low, and that the true percentage of Christians in India may already be at least 8 to 10 percent. If true, that would give a total number of between 96 to 120 million Christians in India today. Hallelujah!

http://asiaharvest.org/asian-workers-fund/

2016/3/21 7:22Profile

Re: India is Rising

amen.

my dear brother Greg, you wrote:

Quote:
The world seems like a very dark and depressing place at the moment.

indeed. Grievously and heartrendingly so, like the whole globe is aflame, though from my little "nest", I only hear the wind. But your next sentence is the "bite", where you give a good Word, to which I say with you "amen":

Quote:
If we spend too much time watching the news it’s easy to think that evil is winning and God’s kingdom is losing. Nothing could be further from the truth!

indeed, Truth.it brings to my soul and heart and spirit, this beautiful exhortation from Paul, whilst in a roman jail cell;

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things." Philippians 4:8

I know it's an oft-quoted Verse, but there is a reason its oft-quoted, its foundational to the child of God, who clings to Faith......and this time? a world aflame?...it too will pass.

a good word brother Greg, God love you and all the saints here, neil

2016/3/21 12:27

Re:

Bless you Jesus for this wonderful news!!!

2016/3/21 17:39
AbideinHim

Louisiana

"Despite many hardships and struggles, the kingdom of God is advancing in extraordinary ways, and entire communities are being transformed by the Gospel of Jesus Christ."

Glory to God! Thanks for sharing this amazing report!

2016/3/21 19:58Profile

Praise the Lord! Jesus is Lord!

"The LORD descended in the cloud and stood there with him (Moses) as he called upon the name of the LORD. Then the LORD passed by in front of him and proclaimed, “The LORD, the LORD God, compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in lovingkindness and truth; who keeps lovingkindness for thousands, who forgives iniquity, transgression and sin; yet He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished, visiting the iniquity of fathers on the children and on the grandchildren to the third and fourth generations.” Moses made haste to bow low toward the earth and worship. He said, “If now I have found favor in Your sight, O Lord, I pray, let the Lord go along in our midst, even though the people are so obstinate, and pardon our iniquity and our sin, and take us as Your own possession.” (Exodus 34:5-9).

2016/3/21 20:19
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Dear brothers,

Just so you are aware I did write the article but Paul Hattaway did, but I am in full agreement with it. Asia Harvest is a wonderful grassroots group that strategically by the Holy Spirit finds unique needs and places where the Lord is working and finds who to help put "fuel to the fire" so to speak.

Asia Harvest runs very similar to SermonIndex, essentially on a shoe-string budget.

May God keep this mission pure and sincere to the end and finish well in support outreach to unreached peoples who have never heard the Gospel.

2016/3/21 21:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy