SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is the call of preaching more important in Kingdom work than the private call to prayer?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

I agree with you Jeff. Every ministry in the
Body of Christ is needed for the furtherance
of the gospel and the work of God. Ministry
will only be effective when there is prayer
and intercession. So in the eyes of God,
we can't say that one is more important
than the other.

2016/3/18 23:01Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Great thread:)

Isn't it a both and not an either or?

For example we all intercede (hopefully) but some of us are "intercessors" meaning it takes up a greater volume of their time than most, likewise all of us preach the gospel of the kingdom (hopefully) but for some of us this takes up the greater portion. So if I'm tracking with what you brothers are sayin,... What's most important for us is more a subjective issue than it is an objective issue, with this being based on our calling/personal ministry.

Am I getting the general consensus of what's being said?

Btw it's very encouraging to see saints agreeing and building one another up, feels like home:)

At the end of the day, we are all lively stones building up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood and we all offer our spiritual sacrifices, pleasing into God thru Christ Jesus. Since that is true, other than the cornerstone it'd be difficult to say one stone was more important than another, likewise the praying and preaching can't really be separated from the ones actually doing it, for without a preacher there is no preaching and without an intercessor there is no intercession and Jesus is our great High Priest who ever liveth to make intercession so He is the perfect example of both showing the vital importance of both:)

2016/3/18 23:37Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Amen Fletcher!

All ministry is the ministry of
Jesus through the Body of Christ. Jesus
is our King and High Priest, and we have
been made kings and priests. All of the
five fold ministry is the ministry of the
Head, and He gave gifts to men, and made
some Apostles, Prophets. Evangelists,
Pastors, and Teachers. We are co laboring
together with Christ. We cannot fulfill our
ministry without Him, and He is not going
to do anything, but He does it through
us. (His Body)

2016/3/19 5:31Profile
ArthurRosh

Re:

Sundar Singh was asked what he would do if he had a week all to himself, would he spend it in prayer or in active evangelism, Sundar replied: Can we drink only water or eat only food for a week? We require both drink and food.

2016/3/19 10:44Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Yes and He (Jesus) is our daily bread which came down from heaven and our living water:)

Jeremiah 15:16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

2016/3/20 21:26Profile

Re:

Jesus demonstrated to all of us a life of prayer and a life of preaching. They go together to form a balanced life for the servant of God.

2016/3/21 1:24
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

I agree with the other brothers here about the importance of prayer. In prayer we catch the fire of the Holy Ghost to make our hearts burn with zeal for the glory of God to be revealed in his Church and its in prayer that our burden for the lost is deepened, the burden for lost souls may not always be given to us in prayer, Holy Spirit can give it to us anytime He chooses but in prayer we battle the powers of darkness and claim the lost ground for our Redeemer.

Prayer of faith that comes from a heart that has been cleansed by the blood and purified by the Holy Spirit is very powerful weapon. That's what the Devil fears the most, praying saints who enter by faith the Throne of God and pray that He will set the captives free by the power of the Cross and advance his kingdom in the hearts and lives of men that have been redeemed.

We have thousands and ten thousands of preachers in this country who preach about the truth of God without any unction or anointing and that does more harm than good, because as Paul said the letter kills but the Spirit gives life. If the Devil has a reason to laugh today he will laugh at those preachers preaching dead sermons to spiritually dead people and this is the curse that has plagued most of american evangelical pulpits.

The preachers may get the praise for winning souls for Christ but often there are those praying saints who pray and agonize in secret behind the doors and intercede for the success and anointing of the preachers. Every genuine spiritual awakening or revival has been preceded by the spirit of prayer and supplication. Before Pentecost the disciples had to tarry in prayer in Jerusalem till the day of Pentecost came and they were endued with power from on high. Without that power of the Holy Spirit they would have lacked any boldness or anointing to preach the gosple.

As far as I am aware throughout the history of the Church when God intends to pour out his Spirit in a fresh way and bring genuine revival, at last one or few men of God will anticipate by faith the outpouring of the Spint and in bold faith will storm the throne of Heaven and believe and receive the promise of the Father.

Paul said pray without ceasing he did not say preach without ceasing. It is the only command that we should do without ceasing and for many Christians this is a mistery. How can this be even possible? I believe that the secret of a praying heart even when our mind is occupied and busy is praying in the Holy Spirit, its a prayer that does not even need words to be expressed because our heavenly Father understands the inexpressible utterances deep down in the Spirit.

Prayer dear brother is the first and last thing, without the prayer in the Spirit we can't accomplish our mission or fulfill the plan of God for our lives. That holy prayer of faith seeks first the kingdome of God and his righteousness and God will take care of all our needs. It's the advancement of his Kingdome and the manifestation of his righteousness in men that we should be praying for. This is a holy war, we are called to and we can win our battles with the enemy on our knees or on our feet praying and interceding, when we rise up and go out to witness or preach we reap the benefits of prayers answered.

Blessings in Christ,

Edited

2016/3/21 4:17Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Is the call of preaching more important in Kingdom work than the private call to

Quote:
by bearmaster
Thus my question. Is the public call to ninistry more important than a private call to prayer? Is the call to be a preacher, elder or a church leader, one who has a public ministry, is this more important in God, then the role of an intercessor.

I haven't read any of the responses, just saw your question. Brother, neither is more important in my opinion, because require obedience to the Holy Spirit and dedication to the cause of Christ and keeping your eyes on Him.

1 Cor 3:7-9
So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth. He who plants and he who waters are one, and each will receive his wages according to his labor. For we are God’s fellow workers. You are God’s field, God’s building.

God bless, brother
Lisa

2016/3/21 7:12Profile

Re:

I think "pray without ceasing", means don't ever stop praying. How can anyone think it means to be in your prayer closet 24x7x365? Communing with the Lord, abiding in Him are also forms of praying and this you can do without ceasing. There is no point in our lives when we should not be walking "In Christ". Walking in Christ and communing with the Lord is not a theological position but a practical and active stance in our daily life.

Do you know how a background program works in memory? It runs in the background as opposed to the foreground (where you can observe it). He that is joined to the Lord is one spirit, so those of you who are born-again, sense the Lord always in your thoughts and at a moments notice you are speaking to Him or hearing from Him.

Isa 30:21 And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

Pray without ceasing and preach the word "in season" and "out of season". Be ready ALWAYS to give an answer to everyone that asketh the hope that is within you.

2 Tim 4:2 and 1 Pet 3:15

1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

1Jn 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

Abiding in the Lord is prayer. Any communing with the Lord is prayer. Prayer is not a religious activity set aside for certain times of the day.

2016/3/21 10:48

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy