SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Are we in the Great Apostatsy

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re:

Quote:
by TMK
It does seem odd that God would punish(persecute) those who are truly His(the remnant).

I do not believe that God is choosing His people to be persecuted or punished specifically.

I see it as, it's by default (can't find another word to use) that the remnant is and will be persecuted because we will NOT serve another but only serve the One True God.

And it will be plain as day when say 1000 people are bowing (per se) and one or two keeps standing!! There's no hiding then!!

But that's just my two cents and I hope it was understandable,
Lisa

2016/3/19 11:57Profile
Lysa

Re:

Quote:
by awakened
The others who have fallen away during this current period of apostasy will still consider themselves christians when the beast arises, but they will only have the form of godliness, not the real thing. What will become of them I wonder? Will some of them wake up during the great persecution or will it be too late? In other words, how "final" is this delusion that is granted to them because they do not love the truth???

One can only hope that since they have the same Bible that we have and the Holy Spirit is still here convicting men and women that they would wake up.

I pray that when the REAL JESUS walks by them, they would choose to receive the love the Truth in Him! There is hope!

God bless,
Lisa

2016/3/19 12:05Profile
Lysa

Re:

Quote:
by TMK
I hate to always seem to be the contrarian, but oh well.

I hope I'm not the only person on SI that truly enjoys that about you!!! :) :)

Quote:
by TMK
But I don't see a great apostasy, at least not in any of the Christians and churches I know. I don't know if anyone that is a believer who has abandoned or is abandoning the faith. I see the opposite- there is more hunger and desire to grow.

It was my impression that if there will be a great apostasy that a widespread persecution would cause it because people would "chicken out." But you seem to be saying that the apostasy happens and THEN the great persecution.

I agree that America is in a dark place(sinners are getting more brazen and this is now condoned by society- i.e. other sinners) but that is not apostasy.

I'm not going down the road of persecution but about the falling away and this discussion, I have not seen a *great* falling away, so I looked up definitions to help me focus on what I am looking for:

Rebellion - an act of violent or open resistance to an established government or ruler.
Apostasy - the abandonment of a previous loyalty or renunciation of a religious faith.

Like TMK, I do not see this going on exponentially today but I believe it will one day.

Let me throw this hat into the ring and then I'm off to work. Could the apostasy or the falling away not "lead" to persecution but actually come from the persecution of the Tribulation? Just wondering.

God bless,
Lisa

2016/3/19 12:15Profile
Renee_is_His

Garland, TX

Re:

I share your anquish, Brother Mark. My prayer for the last several days has been Is 64:1 "Oh that You would rend the heavens! That you would come down!"

My heart's cry is "come down Lord!!" I've been praying for a visitation of the Lord for the last 5 years; a visitation in my own life, my family, and the saints of God. I am praying for the fire of God to come down! Where oh where is the God of Elijah??

He is galvanizing the saints and calling us to even deeper prayer and intercession. I sense this deeply in my spirit.

2016/3/19 12:16Profile
Pnutty

Branson, MO

Re:

How come all the early church were expecting the rapture at anytime? And Paul said nay, it has not happened.

How could there be a "falling away" when there had hardly been a "falling in"? The church was so new, that any who walked away to go to Judiasm and temple or maybe Greeks/Romans who dabble and try new things were never really accepting Jesus as their Lord and Savior?

Not a flamer or troll I promise you, I have been desperate to learn. And noone in person I could ask about these things...

2016/3/19 12:26Profile
Renee_is_His

Garland, TX

Re:

Sister Linda, may I suggest the Paul by the Holy Spirit, was prophesying about a future time? This seems to be the case since "the man of sin" has not been revealed yet. It totally fits the time we are living in now.
I appreciate your questions - I am still learning too!

Be Blessed,
Renee

2016/3/19 12:42Profile

Re:

HI Linda, the majority of professing Christians in America are pre-trip rapture. Most mainline denominations like the Southern Baptists hold to that. Dallas Theological Seminary and many others teach this form of dispensationalism. That is why books like the Left Behind series were so popular. The early church did not believe in a pre-trib rapture, they did believe in the second coming of Jesus and lived with that expectancy as has almost every generation since then.

Those who believe that the saints will go through the great tribulation to one degree or another are certainly in the minority.

Just wanted to mention Lisa's comment about not having noticed a great falling away! Yikes :) Travel throughout Europe Lisa and see a whole continent that is post Christian. Less than 3% of Brits now attend church, this is a massive falling away and it is mimicked throughout Europe. Mainline denominations in America are in free fall, losing a whole generation of younger folks. Now, there are many mega churches like Rick Warren and Joel Olsteen's. Denomination after denomination are embracing Homosexual marriage and so on. If this is not a rejection of truths once believed and now rejected( the definition of apostacy) then I do not know what is............. bro Frank

2016/3/19 13:49
Pnutty

Branson, MO

Re:

Frank I gotta disagree with you. Majority Christians dont believe in a pre or mid trib rapture. That counts a billion Catholics, globally. Dont know how many in America. But all of them believe the same, no pre or mid.

edited to find 70 million Catholics in usa

2016/3/19 14:21Profile

Re:

Amen, Frank.

Pnutty,

Catholicism is not considered biblical Christianity. Were you raised Catholic? I was. Their doctrine does not line up with the scriptures not to mention the "elephant in the room" that the Vatican marshaled forces to kill millions of Christians.

2016/3/19 14:36
Lysa

Re:

Quote:
by appolus
Just wanted to mention Lisa's comment about not having noticed a great falling away! Yikes :) Travel throughout Europe Lisa and see a whole continent that is post Christian. Less than 3% of Brits now attend church, this is a massive falling away and it is mimicked throughout Europe. Mainline denominations in America are in free fall, losing a whole generation of younger folks. Now, there are many mega churches like Rick Warren and Joel Olsteen's. Denomination after denomination are embracing Homosexual marriage and so on. If this is not a rejection of truths once believed and now rejected( the definition of apostacy) then I do not know what is.............

Well, that would explain it because I've never been to Europe!! :)

Speaking of "Rick Warren and Joel Olsteen's" type churches, perhaps no one has fallen away, that's just where they started going!! :) Personally, I don't know any died-in-the-wool Godly people who left their churches to start attending these type of churches! (not to say there haven't happened)

Frank, I'm not completely disagreeing with you! I don't think it's as bad as it's going to get in the future.

Also, mainline denominations being in a freefall (I think), is that (one reason), the children aren't filling the pews of their parents for whatever reasons.

And I believe there are still 5000 OR MORE that have not bowed their knees to Baal and want the real Jesus to please stand up because they need Him and will flock to Him when they see Him and that's not falling away. imho.

Love ya brother, in Christ!!!
Lisa

2016/3/19 14:36Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy