SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Quotes About House Churches

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re:

Very nice. Those things apply because "we are the Church", regardless of what roof we are under.

2016/3/15 22:33

Re:

"I was thinking out loud in my first paragraph. Did you read the second one?"

Sorry brother Julius I got carried away with my myself lol. Yes it is a tragedy that so many believers choose to remain by themselves. And I think it is clear that in the 21st century one can assume that other wholehearted believers are EVERYWHERE. It comes down to what we think is important...what really matters to us? There is an old saying that we have about those who live a sinful lifestyle and are not ready to give it up..."I guess they have not hit rock bottom yet". Perhaps the same can be said of so many who are content to live a solitary christian life? They haven't quite hit rock bottom yet, not quite desperate enough yet to seek out others with whom they can fellowship?

2016/3/16 1:03

Re:

"Above all, he says, that means it's most important and I agree that it's not just about a general love, but a love among the saints that casts out fear. And as Art Katz would say, it's far beyond a saccharin back-slap and a bear-hug, it's serving one another in humility."

Yes amen brother Ron...this is so important and the very thing that weighs on my heart continually. Is this not part of at least what Paul was referring to when he said that the equipping of the saints was for the "work of the ministry" (Eph 4). Paul also tells us that we are members of one another, just as each body part is part of the whole. Not a single part of our body can make the ludicrous suggestion that they have no need for some other part in the body. Every single part of the body needs every other part of the body. If one part is missing or not working properly (unhealthy/diseased) this causes the whole body to feel out of place and sick. Paul is speaking about this in 1 Cor 12 and the point he ends up making is this:

"So God has put the body together such that extra honor and care are given to those parts that have less dignity. This makes for harmony among the members, so that all the members care for each other. If one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it, and if one part is honored, all the parts are glad."

Clearly Paul is speaking about a local church situation where members care for one another.

So putting Eph 4 together with 1 Cor 12 we see Gods plan to equip His people to do the work of the ministry which is to care for one another just as each part of the human body takes care of the whole.

This is why this thread is so vital. Many, many believers are isolated and alone and missing out on so much that God wants to do in them and through them, but He is unable to because even though they are a part of the world wide body of Christ, they are body parts "separated" from the local body of Christ.

2016/3/16 1:20

Re:

Quote:
by awakened on 2016/3/16 1:20:03
Every single part of the body needs every other part of the body. If one part is missing or not working properly (unhealthy/diseased) this causes the whole body to feel out of place and sick. Paul is speaking about this in 1 Cor 12 and the point he ends up making is this:

Every single part of the body needs to be "holding fast to the Head", Jesus Christ. This may be the root of the problem and I think this thread may only be dealing with a symptom. We are not going to "hold fast" to one another if we are not first maintaining our hold on Jesus Christ.

Quote:
This is why this thread is so vital. Many, many believers are isolated and alone and missing out on so much that God wants to do in them and through them, but He is unable to because even though they are a part of the world wide body of Christ, they are body parts "separated" from the local body of Christ.

The most vital thing is to abide in Him, hold fast to Christ, because He is our life. Everything else that is eternal and blessed emanates from our life in and with Christ. The emphasis should never be put on what we DO FOR HIM or WHAT HE DOES THROUGH US. That is not why we have value before the Lord. The Lord is not interested in how much we do, or how much we give. He is interested in us knowing Him and trusting Him. His will, will only be perfected in and through us, to the degree that we know, love and trust Him.

2016/3/16 12:56

Re:

"Every single part of the body needs to be "holding fast to the Head", Jesus Christ. This may be the root of the problem and I think this thread may only be dealing with a symptom."

Agreed brother...holding fast to the Head and abiding in Him goes without saying...amen!

I believe that the topic of every believer finding their place in a local body of believers is important and vital for spiritual growth and should not be undermined. I certainly would suggest such a thing to brand new believers but in most cases this is not even necessary because most of the time it just comes naturally. The new believers that I personally fellowship with are so eager to meet with their brothers and sisters that they would meet every night if it was practical. Interestingly this is not the case with many who have been "in the Way" for some time:-)

And I also agree with you that this great falling away from local fellowships is the symptom of the much bigger problem...that many are no longer abiding in Christ, not holding fast to the Head. Jesus is no longer the first love of the majority of believers and so it is not a huge surprise when we hear of these statistics.

2016/3/16 16:57

Re:

Quote:
by awakened on 2016/3/16 16:57:07

"Every single part of the body needs to be "holding fast to the Head", Jesus Christ. This may be the root of the problem and I think this thread may only be dealing with a symptom."

Agreed brother...holding fast to the Head and abiding in Him goes without saying...amen!

Well, you would think being friends with other Believers would go without saying, too. We are either friends of the Lord and His people or friends of the world.

But, I still think there are many that are finding it difficult to locate true "friends" of the Lord. I have had that problem in the past and I am sure you have, too.

2016/3/16 19:04

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy