SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Disassociating from false or sinful professing Christians

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Disassociating from false or sinful professing Christians

Could it be we are setting the bar to low towards morality and godliness in our Church assemblies?

--

Mat 18:17 “If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.

Rom 16:17 Now I urge you, brethren, keep your eye on those who cause dissensions and hindrances contrary to the teaching which you learned, and turn away from them.

1Co 5:5 I have decided to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

1Co 5:11 But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler--not even to eat with such a one.

2Th 3:6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from every brother who leads an unruly life and not according to the tradition which you received from us.

2Th 3:14 If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of that person and do not associate with him, so that he will be put to shame.

2Ti 3:5 holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these.

Tit 3:10 Reject a factious man after a first and second warning,

2Jn 1:10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting;

2016/3/11 7:25Profile
romanchog

Re: Disassociating from false or sinful professing Christians

While I agree with this (it is scripture :) ) we have to be very careful with these and read them in the context of the entire Word.

The Word also says:

James 5:19-20: Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins

Gala 6:1-2: Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

In Christ,
Natalie

2016/3/11 7:55Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Yes--it is hard to know exactly what type of behavior Paul is addressing.

There are new believers who have not yet cast off all their bad habits, and of course there may be non-believers whose only purpose is to disrupt. That seems to be more of the type of person Paul is talking about- or professing believers who display outrageous moral condict(eg coming to the meeting drunk, or openly having adulterous affairs or openly fornicating).

2016/3/11 8:20Profile
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

I believe because we hold so low a standard of purity and holiness in the Church we compromise either for fear of offending a brother who is living a sinful lifestyle or because we ourselves have compromised the standard of Gods Word and don't care about discipline in the Church.

In the Scriptures who are told what we should do with a brother that lives in sin and repents not, after following those instructions given to us by the Lord if the brother repents, praise God but if he persist and insist to live in his sinful lifestyle, disfellowshipping him is an act of love and not just a measure of discipline. This measure is necessary for the local body of Christ and for the brother who is not repenting of his sinful lifestyle. It is done with the hope that he will come to his senses and repent.

I have backslided in the past and lived not for the Lord but for the flesh and I regret it now and I have repented of it, and God was merciful with me to forgive me and restore his fellowship with me but if I kept in touch with a biblical local church and if they saw that I was backsliding and spoke to me the truth in love, chances are that I would have repented earlier than I did, again I'm assuming because I don't know but the reason many children of God backslide is when they give in to the desires of the flesh and don't crucify it and the second reason, the local church does not care to discipline them because they themselve have a low standard of God's holiness.

Its sad that so many water down the word of God, we need the holy word of God to rebuke us when we sin and we need those men of God in the local church to minister the word of God to us according to our spiritual condition.

Blessings,

2016/3/11 8:35Profile
savannah

Re: Disassociating from false or sinful professing Christians

For a testimony to, and confirmation of, this thread Greg has begun, please read this brief article which can be found here:

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=697

2016/3/11 9:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy