SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : THE STILL, SMALL VOICE by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 THE STILL, SMALL VOICE by David Wilkerson

Like the enemy of our souls, our flesh clamors to be heard. It always insists that it’s okay to appease its desires from time to time, that all we need is a friend to agree with us, and God will bless our decisions.

The Lord provides us with another great and precious promise here. Scripture says the Spirit fights within us against everything that is of flesh: “For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other” (Galatians 5:17). Paul is saying that the battle against the flesh is not ours to wage. Only the Holy Spirit can mortify our flesh.

The voice of the Holy Ghost will urge you to take His word to prayer and also to confirm it in God’s Word. We have been given all these promises of protection for any and every situation. And they’re available to us in every conflict that arises, no matter how small or large.

Whenever the flesh or the devil comes in like a flood, the Holy Spirit is always faithful to rise up and crush the attack, if we will trust Him.

Today, an entire generation of Christians is making decisions without consulting the Holy Spirit. Many believers are acting out of fear or despair, with no faith in God’s promises. They simply decide what to do on their own, based on what they think is best.

What is the outcome for such believers? What happens when God’s servants operate outside the complete government of the Holy Spirit—when they devise their own plans, refusing to yield to the leading and direction of the Holy Spirit? They stir up a spiritual bees’ nest, bringing not rest but distress, pain and confusion.

There have been many times when I didn’t listen to the Spirit’s voice. In fact, I could write a book about all the times I ran off to do my own thing, following my own direction, and things went terribly wrong.

I have learned over the years to listen to the still, small voice of the Holy Spirit. And I have determined to say “yes and amen” to His absolute government in my life. I know He will lead me into all truth, that He will guide me, and that He will show me things to come. Yes, I can testify that such a life is possible. And, as He has taught me, I just say yes.
Will you?

2016/3/9 6:59Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: THE STILL, SMALL VOICE by David Wilkerson

This is very good council from David
Wilkerson, in which if we would give heed,
we would save ourselves from many pitfalls.

"There is a way which seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death." (Proverbs 14:12)

2016/3/9 8:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy