SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Homosexuality sin the same as gluttony?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
dougr777

Homosexuality sin the same as gluttony?

can someone help me understand how God's sees sexual sin in scripture? Is homosexual sin, fornication, adultery, etc. the same as wanting to eat too many Twinkies? Thanks! Doug

2016/3/7 8:30Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re: Homosexuality sin the same as gluttony?

No. It is not the same.

https://someonehastosay.wordpress.com/2015/02/05/a-letter-to-my-young-friend-paul/

2016/3/7 8:55Profile

Re: Homosexuality sin the same as gluttony?

Sin is sin in the fact that all sin is transgression of the law & all sin will keep you from the Lord, & that all sin can be covered by the blood of Christ!

But for those who now overstep the scriptures to try to prove that all sins are equal in God's sight: that's just not true or Biblical. When Jesus said that "if you look at a woman to lust after her, you have committed adultery in your heart already", I don't think he was saying that if a man catches himself "over-glancing" with a second look at a woman's form/body in tight clothes IT IS EXACTLY THE SAME SIN as sleeping with her. Although it can still be sin, to give it equality with the acting out of consummating adultery is overstepping it. Or to say that if you get angry at someone, it's EXACTLY THE SAME AS stabbing them in the heart to death. It's not. Jesus' point was that he sees what's in the heart & can still be sin.

Likewise, if you read all of scripture, you see that God hates sin in all its forms, but there are certain sins that really try the Lord's patience to a greater degree. The taking of the blood of the innocent is one that stands out if you read through the entire NT. To say eating too many twinkles every day is somehow "equal" to an abortion doctor slaughtering babies every day is ludicrous. Both are sinful. Both are forgivable under the blood by repentance & faith in Christ. But both are not "equal" in God's eyes. Just not the case.

2016/3/7 9:32

Re:

I meant especially "if you read through the entire OT"

2016/3/7 9:34
JHerndon

Bonifay,Fl

Re:

If the wages of sin is death then I would say how can he see sins differently if the punishment is the same? Sin is sin. Sin separates man from God. Now the physical consequences are most def not the same. Gluttony and homosexuality may both bring separation from God without the blood of Christ but gluttony and homosexuality would bring two totally different physical consequences. The glutton would face totally different difficulties than the homosexual.

2016/3/7 20:52Profile

Re:

When you read through "all of" the scriptures, it's clear that any sin will bring death, but God does not see all sin "equally". Jesus even said, "they've committed THE GREATER sin" who have sinned against more light (& would receive more lashes, etc.). So any sin is big enough to separate you from God & need the blood to cover & no sin is too big to cover, but not all sin is "equal" in God's eyes.

Scripture shows this in principle & direct scriptures throughout, but common sense: do you think God sees a 5-yr old stealing a $.05 piece of Bubble game the same as someone beating, torturing, & raping an innocent young child for Allah? Of course not. Or a monetary off moment when a child or spouse responds to a husband/father in a less than respectful manner of speech/tone as the same as the molesting of a child? Or eating too many twinkles the same as aborting & murdering an innocent child in the womb?

All A resounding - of course not!

2016/3/8 1:45
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Yet both the unrepentant "light" sinner and the unrepentant "horrible" sinner will be tortured in hell for all eternity...ahem.

2016/3/8 8:06Profile

Psalm 32

(this is one of Seven "Penitential Psalms", that were used as "liturgy" in the early Church, it is beautiful, it is soul wrenching, it is comforting, it is full of grace AND Reverentially Aweful of God, it is grist for secret prayer)

Psalm 32
"a maskil of David"

Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven,
whose sin is covered.

Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity,
and in whose spirit there is no deceit.

For when I kept silent, my bones wasted away
through my groaning all day long.

For day and night your hand was heavy upon me;
my strength was dried up[b] as by the heat of summer. Selah

I acknowledged my sin to you,
and I did not cover my iniquity;
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,”
and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah

Therefore let everyone who is godly
offer prayer to you at a time when you may be found;
surely in the rush of great waters,
they shall not reach him.

You are a hiding place for me;
you preserve me from trouble;
you surround me with shouts of deliverance. Selah

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you with my eye upon you.

Be not like a horse or a mule, without understanding,
which must be curbed with bit and bridle,
or it will not stay near you.

Many are the sorrows of the wicked,
but steadfast love surrounds the one who trusts in the Lord.

Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, O righteous,
and shout for joy, all you upright in heart!

2016/3/8 8:28

Re:

That is true TMK. That is true. But to the OP's point/question, there seems to be "by degrees" based on "some will be beaten with few stripes, some with many..", "it will be better (or more tolerable) for Tyre & Sidon on that day than for you...", etc. So, Yes, I'd rather be a "Pauper" in heaven than anywhere in hell, but the fact is that all sin is sin, but not all sins are EQUAL in God's sight. I hear this a lot these days & it always bothers my spirit because I know the scriptures do not bear out such a view.
God Bless,
Jeff

2016/3/8 9:21

Re:

Neil,
I love Sherri Youngward's worship album (as I do most all of her stuff) called "Scripture Songs". She has one from this psalm called "Songs of Deliverance". Love it. I actually woke up this morning from a long vivid dream with that song playing in the background of my mind/heart! If you haven't heard it, look it up on YouTube. Good stuff. Just straight scripture put to worship music quite beautifully.
God Bless,
Jeff

2016/3/8 9:25

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy