Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : This is not a deep thing

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Sister Jasmine,

Those are very considerate observations you are making and that itself is encouraging as I find both your initial post and your response to be true.

45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

I've found so often with the people I'm privileged to serve that whatever a person feeds on, is what they talk about. As such, each "thing" a person feeds on produces a certain disposition relating to its nature. For example a client who feeds on the news too much will not only talk about it but there is an anxiousness about them that they themselves are unaware of. Those who feed on sports or fashion etc... each have dispositions relative to there object of focus. Interestingly those who feed on Christ are not only prophetic and encouraging but also very loving, merciful and gracious. The contrast is sometimes astonishing between the differing dispositions while in others equally astonishing at the similarities.
Like we do with foods I've noticed we get on a topic or event and we sometimes "over eat" due to a desire we seek to satisfy but I've found that only really comes when we feed on Him/His word. Then what comes out is Him+:)

11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

2016/3/6 23:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy