SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : submission?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
pernvic

Re: submission?

Dear OneMite, If I don't stay a slave I could easily stumble,
but I am so stifled! My youngest is profoundly disabled. She is 14 and as sweet as pie.
When Teresa died I was in a spiritual battle so heavy and I knew I should pray but instead I decided to smoke a little pot, which I haven't done in years but was my sin of choice before salvation. No close friends plus my husband was away and my feelings were already pretty raw. I feel like things woulda been different if I hadn't skipped my prayer closet.
Since then I haven't felt like getting back under subjection or in my prayer closet and I'm just trying to accept that God loves me!

2016/3/4 14:08Profile
pernvic

Re:

MaryJane, its sounds like your feelings haven't been squashed by your husband. I was beginning to wonder if it was a bigger problem in the church.
Sometimes I want to be validated as a human being with feelings. I would love to cry around some empathy but feel guilty for being so needy. I'm pretty cut off from the sister's around here. thanks for reaching out!

2016/3/4 14:21Profile
pernvic

Re:

Hey Sandra, thanks so much for the encouragement.

2016/3/4 14:27Profile

Re:

edited.

Quote:
by pernvic on 2016/3/3 9:08:09

Julius21, I can't help but wonder how many other wives get a cleansing cry when they read your post! It's like my soul is shamed daily, but its all held in, when I read your replies it released bottled up tears.

vyki,

Jesus loves the poor, the brokenhearted and the bruised. He is near to them, but they can't often recognize Him because they are holding onto so much pain.

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the POOR; he hath sent me to heal the BROKENHEARTED, to preach deliverance to the CAPTIVES, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are BRUISED,

Psa 34:18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Religion is a merciless taskmaster that alienates people within their own churches and family. Our Church and family are supposed to be a cocoon, yet more and more people are feeling isolated and alienated. Isolation of the human soul is the deepest pain a man can experience because it is within this isolation that man experiences alienation which is the pain of death. Drug abuse, sexual exploitation and suicide are signs of a generation trying to break out of alienation and alienation has struck like a guided missile into the Church and Christian marriages. The spiritual life support structure within the marriage will deteriorate without love and grace and kindness and mercy, the same way that termites destroy a building by invading the substructure of it.

Jesus knows what is the root cause of all men. Alienation from Him. And it is sin that alienated Adam and Eve from the sweet fellowship they had with God. With alienation came guilt, shame and fear.

Life is fragile, people are fragile, hearts are fragile. The need for community and union is deep within man and the breakdown of community within and outside the church and within marriages has left many in isolation. Nothing is more painful than to feel isolated in the midst of people that are supposed to love you. Marriages reflect the Church in so many ways. Rather than being a healing body, the Church has become to a large extent an organization living for itself. Much like the selfishness that manifests in marriages. As spouses are exploited and driven away, ministers have also exploited and driven away their members. And we all lose yet another layer of protection from our "cocoon".

vyki, it is easy in these situations to think of God who has been your strength and joy in days past as being unconcerned and remote. This makes alienation upon your soul even more painful. What comes out of alienation is guilt, shame and fear and these were the first things that struck Adam and Eve. The absolute most important thing for you right now, is to reunite with Jesus Christ, the only lover of your soul. If you do this, and allow Him to repair the alienation you are experiencing with Him, your entire life will change with others and on the inside. Let Him take your pain away. Pain that is suppressed will come out in destructive ways; anger, hostility, blame, criticism, rebellion and violence. Time does not cause it to go away. These things have a way of building up in the soul until it comes out in bursts of anger and rage. It looks for an object in which it can vent itself. Suppression will not diminish the pain, it will only build up. And pain held inside can create chronic sadness and depression, fear, isolation, self-punishment and suicide. It can also create addictive behaviours. We even block out the pain if it is too strong and go into denial but it still remains and will continue to bring about self-destructive behaviour.

Man experiences many woundings and bruisings during his existence in this world and it starts when we are children and being Christian as you well know does not insulate us from pain. But we can deal with pain through Christ. Apart from Him we can do nothing. We cannot overcome the power of the Enemy without Jesus.

Bitterness
Let's work on one thing at a time. How about all of that pain? We don't want that pain. It is not good for anything, it is useless and destructive stealing your joy and your peace and your hope.

Isa 38:15 What shall I say? he hath both spoken unto me, and himself hath done it: I shall go softly all my years in the bitterness of my soul.
Isa 38:16 O Lord, by these things men live, and in all these things is the life of my spirit: so wilt thou recover me, and make me to live.
Isa 38:17 Behold, for peace I had great bitterness: but thou hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption: for thou hast cast all my sins behind thy back.

King Hezekiah was facing death in the middle of his life. He expresses the pain of his loss by saying, "Lo for my own welfare I had great bitterness" (paraphrase). We can all remember some pain in our lives that we blamed on God, but is God the source of our pain? Is He responsible for all the suffering in the world? Many have grown bitter toward God because of their pain but God is not the author of evil. We know who the author is.

Heb 12:12 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
Heb 12:13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
Heb 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
Heb 12:15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

Forgiveness is the key to releasing pain and receiving healing.

One of the principles of the Kingdom of God is found in Luke 6:37, ...Luke 6:37 "...forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:" The literal meaning of "pardon" or "forgive" is RELEASE. "Release and you shall be released." If you release the one that hurt you, God will release you from the hurt. When you forgive you release the person and wipe out their debt. And in forgiving, you release God to work in you and the other person's life. Isn't that what you really want? You want the pain to be gone in your heart, you want to be close to Jesus and you want God to work in Perry's heart, and deliver him from alienation and isolation (sin). You have bound yourself to the past and bound God from working in your present situation. We all do this and understand and have compassion on you. But, nothing will change and the pain will remain if we stay bound and keep others bound (unforgiveness).

The Enemy blinds us to the way out, we get tunnel vision and forget that Christ is the way out.

I have a word for you. The Enemy has come in like a flood but the Lord is raising up a standard for you even now and that standard is Himself. The Son of God experienced the alienation of man. To the last drop He drank from that cup until there was nothing left. When you drink of the same cup (forgiving those who have hurt you) you will receive healing, deliverance and salvation in Jesus name. The One who forgave all men, lives in you and will give you grace and strength to forgive and release your husband. Redemptive life (the life of Christ) will now flow in you and from you, dissolving all the pain and healing all of your bruises. The power of your past, all bitterness and unforgiveness is now broken and you will be on the path to living and loving in the present. Take that step back towards the Lord. There is no time limit on this, it is definitely a process.

God bless you, vyki and God bless your husband because God is doing a new thing, today in your marriage. He is the God of redemption and restoration.

May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His light (Jesus) shine upon you and Perry and your children. May He protect and preserve you all, in Jesus name.

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me;
because the LORD hath anointed me
to preach good tidings unto the meek;
he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim liberty to the captives,
and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD,
and the day of vengeance of our God;
to comfort all that mourn;
To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion,
to give unto them beauty for ashes,
the oil of joy for mourning,
the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
that they might be called trees of righteousness,
the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

Isa 61:1-3

2016/3/4 15:54
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Vyki, I just read the thread thru for the first time.

You are a bruised reed. Perhaps your husband is, too. IDK. I ask God to show Himself to you, to heal you, to make you stand, to show you how serving and submission are not done to break you but to make you. You have been beaten down with a stick, it seems, emotionally. There is no redemption in the subjection of one another to meanness. I pray your husband has a grand awakening and a quickening of the Holy Spirit that makes him gentle. I pray you are made strong in the way of Eph. 3:16-19.

2016/3/4 16:52Profile
pernvic

Re:

Maryjane I found The Autobiography of Madam Guyon on audio-book.

2016/3/5 14:18Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

vyki,

I wish you could find a local confidante to share your concerns; someone who can look at your situation objectively.

It may be you are suffering from grief over losing your drug addicted daughter - that can do troublesome things to a body. If your husband does not comfort you you feel rejected.

Vyki, in 1996 our only daughter - 25 YO - died of glioblastoma, leaving behind 2 small children. The LORD taught me some lessons that were so powerful. One: you must surrender this incident to the LORD. You MUST back off from demanding answers to your questions: God is NOT obligated to answer them now or at any time in the future.

Two: no one can give you comfort. They may say nice things, but the comfort is not enduring. Can't be. No other human has that potential. That leaves you with only one thing: you can turn to the LORD and allow him to comfort you or you can get angry - and many do - at God and wallow in self-pity and subsequent depression.

When the doctor told me Regina was going to die in a few weeks, I cried hard for two days. My husband was not with me - I was alone with my granddaughter. I knew I cannot survive long in this emotional frame of mind so I decided to have this thing out with GOD! I put Carmen to bed and I sat with my Bible, reading and praying. Quietness came to me, assurance came to me that when or if the LORD calls her home he will be there to comfort me. In the meantime I was to live life to the full each day and not worry about it. This is what the Holy Spirit taught me. I was alone with God, no other adult close by - my husband was in MS and I was in IN.

Fast forward. I did as the HS bidded me, lived life to the full trusting God at all times for whatever will happen. When she did die on a Sunday afternoon, I cried, disappointed that God did not heal her because he had impressed upon me a couple weeks earlier that "I should stand back and see the salvation of the LORD."

That night God gave me comfort that far exceeded anything I could have imagined. I have shared those details but do not think it essential for the current discussion because God has many ways to comfort his children and one cannot pigeon hole him in how he should do it.

Yes, I have cried since, but bitterness nor doubts have never been a part of my grief. Anger, yes, but God took care of it once I recognized it.

It would be nice if your husband would help you carry your load but that may be expecting too much. My husband did not carry mine and neither did anyone else. You have to deal with it on your knees in humble submission to God and then let him deal with you as needed to bring about honor and glory to Him. Only there can you find peace.

OK, will quit for now....but will say this: I know that not many like what I said here - many prefer wallowing in grief. I didn't and have never felt God or anyone else shorting me at any turn. I love him and He loves me. Now ain't that wonderful? It sure is.

Hope this will help.

God bless.

Sandra

2016/3/5 15:51Profile
pernvic

Re:

Thanks for sharing this Sandra. I know I need to turn my heart back towards the Lord. Complaining the way I have is ugly too. Teresa has 5 living children between 10 and 19.

2016/3/6 8:47Profile

Re:

vyki,

We have all been ugly. None of us want to be that way. The point is that we don't turn our backs on each other but encourage one another in the Lord. Our battle is with spiritual wickedness in high places, not flesh and blood.

2016/3/6 9:04
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
ginnyrose One: you must surrender this incident to the LORD. You MUST back off from demanding answers to your questions: God is NOT obligated to answer them now or at any time in the future.

Two: no one can give you comfort. They may say nice things, but the comfort is not enduring. Can't be. No other human has that potential. That leaves you with only one thing: you can turn to the LORD and allow him to comfort you or you can get angry - and many do - at God and wallow in self-pity and subsequent depression.

Amen Sandra! after loosing a wife in 2012, a child in 2013, and a triple bypass in 2015, your words above are spot on. You have to give it all to God, or it will wear you down, then regret steps in, then it all goes farther south from there.

2016/3/6 11:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy