SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : David Ravenhill: Donald Trump Is a Deceiver

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

And Jimmy Carter was the first in modern American politics to say that "We all (Muslims & Christians) worship the same God". In my Bible in 1 John, that's called "the spirit of antichrist". George Bush did the same after 9/11. I'll never forget where I was & what I was doing & I heard him say that on the radio. Blasphemy.

2016/3/1 12:42

Re:

Well said Abide in Him. Just like I don't "trust in my job", but I still go to work & do it into the Lord with my ultimate trust in Him & Him alone. Let each one be convinced in his own mind and according to his own conscience. Scripture says to pray for peace that we may lead quiet lives among the heathen & live at peace with everyone as far as it depends on us. So if someone is for helping protect the freedoms to do just that (really, in truth, & has shown track record of proving it out over time, not just in political expediency talk) & I can vote for them, I will. If someone isn't really for those things (& doesn't see abortion for the murderous abomination that it is), then I won't/can't vote for them in good conscience. That's my 2 cents on the matter.

2016/3/1 12:48
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Just in case some missed my point. Jimmy Carter did exhibit his faith publicly more than any other president, and again Mr. Bill did not vote for him.

It's going to come down to Trump or Clinton so take your choice, but a no vote say's you're happy with the way things are now.

2016/3/1 12:54Profile

Re:

"Exhibit his faith" how? By claiming Allah & Jehovah are the same God? What faith is that? And Jimmy Carter also said "Jesus would be OK with some abortions" & "Jesus would be OK with gay marriage". Look it up. What faith is that exactly? The first church of apostates?

2016/3/1 13:09
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Ok I'm out of here! not going to stay suckered into this political battle, that will just make old slue foot happy, yaw can make him happy, I want to make Jesus happy. Happy voting. :-)

2016/3/1 13:14Profile

Re:

Brothers I do not want to get caught up in the controversy over whether a believer should vote or not vote. Whether one should be involved in politics or not involved in politics.

But I do pose this question. Can a believer vote for Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton with a clear conscience? I think in November that's who the choice will be for president.

2016/3/1 13:29

Re:

Quote:
by jeffmar1130 on 2016/3/1 12:37:51

Julius,
I agree. It never comes up in our meeting times, but a few of us share our thoughts (the men) in our time hanging out. Of course I would never part fellowship over politics! 😉

That's good to hear.

Quote:
I just think mis-understanding &/or misapplication (over-contextualization) of scripture can lead to all kinds of error/wrong thinking. That's what I was speaking to. God Bless!

I completely agree and God bless you, too.

2016/3/1 13:42

Re:

Not trying to suck you into anything MrBillPro. You made a statement & I was simply quoting Jimmy Carter & asking how you come to your conclusion? No offense intended friend. My whole point is careful, discerning, examination of what people really believe/stand for when deciding to vote for them (or not vote for them). May God richly bless you!
In Him,
Jeff

2016/3/1 13:42

Re:

Quote:
by MrBillPro on 2016/3/1 12:54:06

Just in case some missed my point. Jimmy Carter did exhibit his faith publicly more than any other president, and again Mr. Bill did not vote for him.

It's going to come down to Trump or Clinton so take your choice, but a no vote say's you're happy with the way things are now.

Bill,

I have been happy and joyful in the Lord from Jimmy Carter to Obama. I don't look at the world and decide if I should be happy or not. My source is not what men do or don't do.

May the Lord bless the brother and sisters who cast their vote for men and may He continue to bless those who do not.

Be at peace brothers! All is well in the Kingdom of God.

2016/3/1 13:45

Re:

Amen

2016/3/1 13:51

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy