SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : David Ravenhill: Donald Trump Is a Deceiver

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

As I considered all these things this morning I just felt the need to pray for Hilliary, and for Donald to see their need for JESUS. These people are so lost and deceived, they need JESUS as we all do. I also pray for the president, he too needs to seek JESUS and repent. Time is short...

God bless
maryjane

2016/3/1 11:24Profile

Re:

At that point, is it a sin to be repented of to run for governor of a state? Or a mayor of your small town? How about head of your school board? Or "president" of your kids PTA? Are those systems "corrupt & of this world"? Can I even coach my kids' soccer team? I'm taking it "all the way" to make a point & evoke clearly & rightly rethinking (& walking back) some of the statements made.

2016/3/1 11:29

Re:

Just be about the Father's business, Jeff. It is not my place to judge you. Where is the Holy Spirit leading you? The life of Jesus and the Apostles are good examples of what being about the Father's business is all about. Follow the Spirit and the Word, not reasoning and logic. Not saying you are following reasoning and logic. Just follow His voice and don't worry about what other's think. If you are confident the Lord is speaking to you, then true fruit will be the outcome.

2016/3/1 11:39
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Tim, I love you brother but you are very
unbalanced in your views on government
and leaders. If most Christians thought
like you, we would continue to get corrupt
leaders in our government. It is one thing
to say that we don't trust in man but God
alone, but to believe that it doesn't matter
who is our next president, and to say that
a born again Christian needs to repent
for running for president is totally erroneous.

2016/3/1 11:42Profile

Re:

AbideinHim, Jeff,

Do what is in your heart. Be fully engaged and don't be half-hearted. You won't get any fight from dolfan and I. If you are politically engaged or not, don't break fellowship. It is sad that I see this happen all too much over worldly politics. If you feel the Lord is in this for you, then follow Him with all your heart and extend the same for those who don't agree.

In my fellowship, worldly politics is never a subject that anyone speaks about, though people are free to vote, not vote, support or not support anyone they wish. But, it is never a test of fellowship. Somehow, everyone knows it is not an edifying subject to talk about because no one has ever said, "don't talk about politics."

2016/3/1 11:48
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
TMK...Again I ask, why dies the POTUS have to be an evangelical Christian? I agree it would be nice, but why must he or she be? A lot of presidents who are considered great we're not.

Exactly Todd! In my personal opinion Jimmy Carter was the "ONLY" president that just did not talk about his Christian beliefs, he showed them. And I did not vote for Carter.

2016/3/1 12:11Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

To me this say's "WE" Christians are responsible for the way this country is headed. It say's "if my people" are we God's people? I think so, so my guess he is addressing US.

2016/3/1 12:15Profile

Re:

Jimmy Carter nearly totally wrecked the country, the economy, everything. History is clear about that. He was the worse president in modern history until Obama came along to surpass him

2016/3/1 12:35

Re:

Julius,
I agree. It never comes up in our meeting times, but a few of us share our thoughts (the men) in our time hanging out. Of course I would never part fellowship over politics! 😉 I just think mis-understanding &/or misapplication (over-contextualization) of scripture can lead to all kinds of error/wrong thinking. That's what I was speaking to. God Bless!

2016/3/1 12:37

Re:

And the verse in 1 Chronicles may have "principles" that apply to us today for sure! However, in context, this was spoken to Israel in the old covenant where they were essentially a "Theocracy". I agree we should do all these things. And, if all those who professed to be believers in America REALLY did those things, I believe things would be drastically different. But where it is now I believe the tiny remnant who do these things will not hold back what the Lord has already decreed is coming. But we should still do them & preach it from the rooftops. No doubt.

2016/3/1 12:40

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy