SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : ‘For the Record’: Is Iran Working Toward an EMP Strike?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Checked the news today- the Middle East is still there. Will check back tomorrow!

2016/3/1 14:10Profile

Re:

Ha. I'll post something you should read. Just curious TMK - where do you get your news?

2016/3/1 14:22

Re:

Quote:
by jeffmar1130 on 2016/3/1 10:02:16

Sure, I agree wholeheartedly. But the affects of judgement around us sometimes affect us as well. The rain falls on the just and the unjust. But technically, yes, God's wrath isn't directed at the believer, though chastisement for the purpose of correction is (for their own eternal good). Agreed

Yes, it is true that wrath poured out on the ungodly, may bring more persecution to the godly.

God is well aware of this, but the Church should not precipitate persecution by mixing with the world and legislating God's laws upon them, when we full well know that spiritual regeneration is the only solution.

We waste precious time, employing the world's ways and leaning upon the arm of the flesh and then are astonished when the world turns on us. I would rather have them turn on me for the sake of the Gospel.

2016/3/1 14:31
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Quote: "Ha. I'll post something you should read. Just curious TMK - where do you get your news?"

I actually try to avoid the news at all costs. It's bad for my mental and spiritual health. I'll check our local news once in a while and I will check out drudge on occasion but I really try to stay blissfully unaware.

2016/3/1 14:36Profile

Re:

Any new updates on Operation Northern Thunder?

2016/3/1 14:51
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Like I said a couple of posts up, bear, the Middle East is still there. No ww3 today at least.

2016/3/1 15:20Profile

Re:

So let me be clear Julius,
You're saying to vote for a prolife candidate against a pro-murder candidate is wrong? We only preach the Gospel (which is good), but just let the murder of babies go uncontested? No way. William Carey was the first foreign missionary outside of Adonirum Judson. Carey went to India (Judson to Myanmar/Burma) & saw tremendous fruit. His son Felix later broke through to China. He saw the practice of "Satey" (burning alive of Hindu widows) & the Lord GREATLY grieved & moved him. He continued to preach & later translate, but God used him to abolish Satey because his prayers, activism, & speech were focused on it. Same with George Muller & Charles Spurgeon on orphans. They were both criticized by the theological
Purists of their day for not "focusing on the Gospel" only. They both shrugged those criticisms off and were used greatly of God in their day in these areas (& used the government options of the day to accomplish it too). I understand our trust is ultimately in God, but taken to a "purist extreme" theologically, I believe one can paint with too broad a brush & not do what they can do.

2016/3/1 16:00

Re:

I believe WW3 has actually already begun the initial stages through all the proxy wars. Saying I checked Fox News & saying "no WW3 today" is like checking one day of the stock market in 1928 or 1938 and saying, "stocks are up today, everything is fine", IMHO

2016/3/1 16:02

Re:

Check the two Middle East news report posts I just put up Bear

2016/3/1 16:11

Re:

TMK,
Well you're the one that said "I checked the news and..." That's why I asked - FYI.
Thanks,
Jeff

2016/3/1 16:12

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy