SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Quite Puzzled.......

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Quite Puzzled.......

Why is it that Hollywood movies like Risen can garner more comments on SI? Why is it that a sex scandal movie on the RCC can be recommended?

And a first-rate documentary like Sheep Among Wolves go completely ignored on this forum. And this documentary deals with our brothers and sisters in restricted nations. And calls out for workers to go into the harvest.

If memory serves I think some of the SI members were quite offended at this docunentary. Could it be the reason is in a sense that Risen is fictional? But Sheep Among Wolves actually brings us face to face with the demands of the cross?

Just wondering???

2016/2/25 15:53
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Quite Puzzled.......

I have never heard of that movie Bear. How does one see it?

2016/2/25 16:51Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Mr. Bear, I've seen many threads here that go unnoticed other than just movies threads, that I thought should offer up some good opinions. So I would not be to disappointed, if your favorite thread or someone else's thread you might think is great goes unnoticed. Personally, I'm not going to be a thread critic, because I just read the ones I feel lead to read.

2016/2/25 17:30Profile

Re:

Todd is your email address current in your profile? If so I can send you the link to the video.

Bear

2016/2/25 19:07
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

It sure is- thx!

2016/2/25 20:07Profile
savannah

Re: Just wondering???

You ask, "Why is it...?"

Here's a clue why from the movie thread started by Oracio -

"Here is a quick listing of some of my favorite movies and why I shouldn't like them:

Braveheart- oops Mel is a catholic

It’s a Wonderful Life- oops people don’t become angels

Casablanca- oops Bogey smoked and drank too much

Saving Private Ryan-oops too much violence

Signs- oops Mel again

Lawrence of Arabia- oops Lawrence may have been a homosexual

It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World- oops there’s that scene with a girl in a bikini and it’s all about greed

Jaws- oops Brody gets drunk

Ben-Hur—oops the Bible doesn’t say that Jesus gave some prisoner a drink of water

Mrs. Minniver—oops they were Anglicans

The Wizard of Oz- oops there’s witchcraft

North by Northwest- oops too much flirting

The Sound of Music- oops catholics again

Star Wars- oops all that Buddhism (??)

2001: A Space Odyssey- oops the Bible doesn’t say anything about extraterrestrials or wormholes

The Lord of the Rings- oops there’s wizardry and God is not mentioned once

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly- oops all that shootin’

Thunderball—oops it’s a sin to be that cool"

When men joke about entertaining their minds with the very things which God detests and with their next breath say 'praise the Lord' they are mocking Him.

So 'wonder' no more...

This stuff just flows as naturally as the toilet when you flush it.

If you didn't notice, the thread Greg started got no replies either -

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=56232&forum=34

NO WONDER!!!

2016/2/25 20:29Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: Quite Puzzled.......

Quote:

Why is it that Hollywood movies like Risen can garner more comments on SI? Why is it that a sex scandal movie on the RCC can be recommended?

And a first-rate documentary like Sheep Among Wolves go completely ignored on this forum. And this documentary deals with our brothers and sisters in restricted nations. And calls out for workers to go into the harvest.

If memory serves I think some of the SI members were quite offended at this docunentary. Could it be the reason is in a sense that Risen is fictional? But Sheep Among Wolves actually brings us face to face with the demands of the cross?

Just wondering???

I don't know about the why's of the forum part but when it comes to documentaries they are usually not advertised very well whereas movies are advertised very well and thus becomes well known and thus see them on discussion boards more such as S.I. Documentaries often go unnoticed because they don't carry the weight like movies do or even tv sitcoms.

When it comes to the documentary you are asking about it really narrows it down.

Where do you see this documentary?

2016/2/25 20:41Profile

Re:

John is your email address active in your profile. If so I will send you the link to the video.

Also Jeff has put the link up in a thread entitled Sheep Among Wolves. I believe it is in the General section of the board.

Blaine

2016/2/26 12:08

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy