SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Recommended: No Tears by R. Edward Miller

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Recommended: No Tears by R. Edward Miller

Brothers and Sisters,

May I strongly suggest you to listen to this message. It was literally an eye opener to me.

There was a time when I was often deeply touched by the Lord, and even in conversations to others and during preaching or praying the Lord would make my tears flow. I found that very embarrassing, so I once asked the Lord if he could stop my flow of tears. He did; but my heart towards him and others grew cold as well. So I told him that I was sorry for that I that he could stir my spirit to tears wherever and whenever he wanted - and he restored tears to me.

Tears are scriptural; just run a search on the bible on tears and you see God's blessing released and break through accomplished.
Even Jesus wept.

Lord, save us from correct, cold, dead and dry-eyed theology and prayer that knows no tears!

2016/2/18 6:59Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Recommended: No Tears by R. Edward Miller

Quote:
There was a time when I was often deeply touched by the Lord, and even in conversations to others and during preaching or praying the Lord would make my tears flow.

Dear brother, I remember our times together and the Lord sharing His heart with you causing tears. You are a precious brother.

I will join you in this prayer for a tender heart where tears come easily for myself also.

2016/2/18 7:03Profile

I agree brothers. This was an eye opening sermon. When there are no tears there is pride or hardness of heart. If I sense no tears of compassion or gratitude or repentance I know something is not right in my heart.

My eyes are dry, my faith is old
My heart is hard, my prayers are cold
And I know how I need to be
Alive to You and dead to me

Oh what can be done for an old heart like mine
Soften it up with oil and wine
The oil is You, Your Spirit of love
Wash me anew in the wine of your blood

(A Keith Green song)

Need prayers, sister L

2016/2/18 8:30
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Thanks for sharing :)

2016/2/18 8:54Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

There is another Edward Miller sermon that is a good companion to this message, it is titled A Broken and Contrite Spirit, you can find it here at the following link;

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=27244&commentView=itemComments

In Christ,

2016/2/19 18:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy