SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The church is sinking!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

The church is sinking!

The church is Sinking!

"I feel like we are salesmen today and the reason is we do not pray. Everybody today is an echo. They go to a conference to hear what everybody else is saying, and then repeat it. But brother Dave Wilkerson was intimate with God, and that's what allowed him to be a voice." ( Pastor Tim Dilena, Brooklyn Tabernacle Church)

" Very few people are lifting their voices. All of the statistics prove, that by every measurable parameter, the Christian church is sinking. Part of the problem is what we have been fed for the last ten, fifteen, twenty years-the focus on church growth, on being user friendly, seeker sensitive. All that has opened the door to unbiblical teaching, just shallow nonsense. It's resulted in getting away from prayer, away from the Gospel, away from loving people of all races, away from dependence upon the Holy Spirit. My editor asks, " where are the Tozers, the David Wilkersons who'll say in love " that is wrong." (Jim Cymbala, senior pastor, Brooklyn Tabernacle)

Now why is Christendom sinking, what are these pastors talking about? They identify echo chambers and a lack of prayer meetings. They identify a lack of any real reliance on the Holy Spirit. Going to conference after conference and learning nothing. Their editors bemoan the lack of people like Tozer and Wilkerson, men who were more afraid of God than they were of men. Men who were not trying to build a kingdom of their own but simply walking out the Kingdom of God.

Christendom today is, for the most part, voiceless. There is not a single voice on the national stage that is a fearless voice, a voice that has heard from God and is unafraid to speak what he has heard. A voice that seeks no political influence nor is concerned with their own ministries or money or pleasing the people, in other words, a prophetic voice. All day long men will give you their political opinions and it is often tied to raising money, but where are the men with fresh fire from the altar of God?

Men hold onto their reins in their ministries so tightly that there is no room for God to speak. The Holy Spirit has been displaced and the church has plunged headlong into disaster. To most the change has taken place slowly enough to be like a frog in a slowly boiling pot of water. A prophetic voice feels the burn, sees the consequences, shouts from the rooftops, to get out of the pot. That voice is full of love and passion and compassion and a sheer doggedness that most generations would have struggled with them.This generation cannot handle them on any level because their ears have been tickled for so long.They have been so drowned in worldliness that they must shut them down.This voice that pierces through the grey dimness that passes for light, that speaks to the bone and the marrow is missing and we should cry out to God that He would raise up such a voice and that He would remove every barrier to it being heard.

My advice to the younger generations of pastors and leaders is to yield. Step back. Discover the glory of allowing Jesus to be preeminent in your meetings. It will be the scariest thing you have ever done but to those who can hear, you know that your congregation is without power, it is without glory and has not bowed in reverential awe to the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. You know there has been no sowing in tears. You know there has been no agonizing and prevailing in prayer. Now that you know this, then why go a minute longer without addressing this head on.

Do you want to be the pastor of a religious club? Do you want to be the leader of a social work department? Or do you want the glory? Do you want it so badly that you are willing to shut down every activity not birthed and sustained in the presence of His majesty? May God find just a few men willing to lay aside everything they think they know and invite God back. He will not ignore such a plea from hearts wide open and fully given to His glory and honor. Lord Jesus, help us to stand again in this evil day and help us to be thorn in the flesh of our enemy and be what we have been called to be, more than conquerors in Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour forever.

2016/2/15 19:52

Re: The church is sinking!

Quote:
by appolus on 2016/2/15 19:52:39

The church is Sinking!
[/ quote]

The visible church is indeed sinking and many have not extricated themselves from it. The Lord still speaks to "come out of her", not "stay and reform her".

We cannot serve two masters.

2 Timothy 3:1-8

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

2016/2/16 8:39

Re: The church is sinking!

Hello brother Frank,
Do you think it is rather like the Titanic, but God's people are still aboard while God rescues the perishing? There is the story of a Scottish pastor who was warned not to take a trip on that fateful ship but he chose to go and in the sinking he preached the gospel to the lost and gave his life for Jesus. 🙂

Sis L

2016/2/16 10:56

Re:

Hi Leslie, yes, that is a good analogy. They built a ship and pronounced it unsinkable and of course it sank. The Jewish people could not even imagine the destruction of the temple even although it had been destroyed 500 years prior and yet not one stone was left unturned. Most of Catholicism could never have imagined a day when a reformation came, until it came.

I believe though that we are living in the end of days so I do not see another institution rising from the ashes of what we have now. I believe God is doing a new thing and it is to prepare us for the few days that we have left of this age. I do not believe that we will see the visible church sink or be destroyed or be reformed. Yet in the spirit it is sinking and falling away.

I believe that God is calling those who have eyes to see and ears to hear what the Spirit is saying to His people. I believe the Body of Christ will only truly become visible as it steps into the fires of persecution.In those fires the flesh and the dross is burned away and the gold and the silver of our faith is purified and will shine like it has never shone before for all the world to see, as a witness to the glory of God and a testimony against an ungodly world who continually reject God............bro Frank

2016/2/16 11:25

Re:

Hi Julias, after publishing the article on my facebook page yesterday someone sent me this from T.A.Sparks which they had just read prior to reading my article............

"I feel that an end time voice has got to have a very distinctive note. It has got to have a message, not just a giving out of general truth, helpful in a degree, even in a large measure. It may have a place, but if that is all, it is not enough. There must be a voice for the time, there must be a message for the hour and when that is heard, you will never fail to find some who recognise that voice. You may have a dozen or twenty speakers, but it is the man who has got a message from God for that hour or time, a distinctive message; not the man who is giving a Bible address. It is the man who has got a message and reaches hearts and finds a response somewhere that is deeper than all the other responses, and you will never fail to find some who recognise that voice and who in their hearts register, "This is God's Word for the day, this is God's message for the hour."

The Lord needs a voice for the end time that has got a distinctive message. That message, of course, will bring conflict and stir up jealousy. You will be criticised - there was jealousy among the prophets; you will be set aside, the great public concerns will turn you down as singular, extraordinary, extreme, but you must go on with your message. You may ask, "How does this apply to a general company of the Lord's people?" That is not what I am talking about. Each one of you can be, in the grace of God, a part of that end time voice. You may never in your own vocal capacities be heard outside of your own house, or a gathering for prayer; you may have no platform or public ministry, and yet you are as vitally a part of that end-time voice. You have got to pray that burden through with the Lord. You have got to pray that message out to His people. You have to take this thing on your heart. Let it test you now. When you gather for prayer do you find it easy to sit still and be quiet? Can you sit with folded hands and go through without a movement in your soul? Is your difficulty rather to put your burden into words? That is it, a company, a people with a burden which they may alone be able to express before God, but do not forget there is a mighty vocation about groanings which cannot be uttered."

2016/2/16 11:30

Luke 3:2

The Word of God came to John, the son of Zacharias, in the wilderness.

Brother Frank I believe for us to have such a voice in these end times, we need to be in the wilderness in intimacy with Jesus. In a sense we need to cut out the distractions of this world. Enter into that place with Jesus to hear Him. Then we can truly have that end time word.

Simply my thoughts bro.

2016/2/16 12:05

Re:

As I thought more on my previous post. It would seem if our voice is going to be prophetic in the end times. We will need to be out in this spiritual wilderness to hear Jesus. If we sequester yourself away from the distractions of this world. We can clearly hear the voice of Jesus. We can clearly be His prophetic voice in these end times.

2016/2/16 12:38
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Especially North American, Western Christianity is sinking and its counterparts that have spread across the world. But the work of God is flourishing in house churches all over the world, especially in China where there are over 100 million believers in underground church Churches.

Apostolic Christianity is being restored and God the Holy Spirit is doing it. Models made by men are not working and the foolish once again will be involved in confounding the wise.

2016/2/16 12:59Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"Each one of you can be, in the grace of God, a part of that end time voice. You may never in your own vocal capacities be heard outside of your own house, or a gathering for prayer; you may have no platform or public ministry, and yet you are as vitally a part of that end-time voice. You have got to pray that burden through with the Lord. You have got to pray that message out to His people. You have to take this thing on your heart. Let it test you now. When you gather for prayer do you find it easy to sit still and be quiet? Can you sit with folded hands and go through without a movement in your soul? Is your difficulty rather to put your burden into words? That is it, a company, a people with a burden which they may alone be able to express before God, but do not forget there is a mighty vocation about groanings which cannot be uttered."

We are looking for a man of God to stand up and speak the prophetic word that is relevant to the Church in the day that we are living in, and certainly God has been in the process of preparing those men, and they are beginning to speak, but for the most part they are not visible to most of the church.

I like what Brother Sparks has to say that we all have a voice for the endtime. We are God's sheep, and His sheep hear His voice. So if we are spending time with God, seeking His face, and hearing His voice, we can be a part of this great endtime work. We can be the voice of God in the earth.

God is going to shake everything that can be shaken in the Church, and that which is of man will not survive the shaking. Only that which is of God will stand.

2016/2/16 13:01Profile

Re:

I think of the scripture that says for the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. God is seeking that dear saint who will be his mouthpiece in these end times.

2016/2/16 13:11

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy