Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
ArthurRosh

GFA Streaming Prayer Meeting

In 10min:

gfa.org/prayer

2016/2/5 20:19Profile

Re: GFA Streaming Prayer Meeting

this is some sort of sick joke right? (bro Arthur, I mean YOU no offense...please know that)

2016/2/5 20:54
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

We are not actively promoting GFA on the forums here, as many are aware of the current problems and losing of ECFA status. Please be in prayer for the ministry and leadership that they would repent where they would need to and seek the face of the LORD.

I have known of Paul Hattaway for many years and through multiple testimonies he is a dear brother and equips very small groups, house churches and indigenous networks of believers to share the gospel with unreached people groups: http://asiaharvest.org

There are no large central offices for this ministry and everything is run essentially by faith in a very small and frugal way. The philosophy of how we run SermonIndex and how Asia Harvest runs is very similar.

We recommend this ministry. For only $1.80 you can give a bible to an underground Chinese house church brother or sister: http://asiaharvest.org/china-bible-fund/

2016/2/6 7:23Profile

Re: CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT FILED TO HOLD GOSPEL FOR ASIA ACCOUNTABLE FOR FRAUDULENT SOLICITATION AND M

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT FILED TO HOLD GOSPEL FOR ASIA ACCOUNTABLE FOR FRAUDULENT SOLICITATION AND MISUSE OF CHARITABLE DONATIONS
For Immediate Release
Monday, February 8, 2016
Dallas-based Stanley Law Group initiated a class action lawsuit today in United States District Court for the Western District of Arkansas against Gospel for Asia, Inc. and several affiliates for fraudulently soliciting hundreds of millions of dollars in charitable donations, and then misdirecting the money into the personal empire of Gospel for Asia’s leader, K.P. Yohannan.
The lawsuit alleges that Gospel for Asia, Yohannan, and other GFA officials misrepresented to donors how, when, and where charitable donations would be spent, and funneled vast amounts of the hundreds of millions of dollars GFA has collected into for-profit businesses and an expensive headquarters. Plaintiffs Matthew and Jennifer Dickson charge defendants with violations of RICO and the Arkansas Deceptive Trade Practices Act, as well as fraud and unjust enrichment.
Gospel for Asia is a global missionary organization that operates in South Asia, primarily within India. GFA tells potential donors that it supplies the “poorest of the poor” with food, provisions, and a Christian message. Lead attorney Marc R. Stanley said, “K.P. Yohannan and his Gospel for Asia inner circle have been exploiting the goodwill and generosity of devout Christians around the country for years. Gospel for Asia should return all the money it’s taken from donors who thought they were contributing to charity.”
Stanley Law Group (SLG) is a Dallas-based law firm that focuses on complex litigation. SLG also has offices in California and Oregon. Stanley is a past president of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association.
------------------------------------------------------------

"Although somewhat foreseeable, this still feels a little shocking, sad and draining. I can't help but think that if KP Yohannan and GFA had chosen to provide answers to questions, compassion to staff and a small amount of contrition over the clear mishandling of funds, none of this would have escalated to this point. The hubris being witnessed here is astounding and somewhat reminiscent of Mars Hill. I am truly so sorry for all of those hurting from this and I pray for ALL involved.

There have been many documented cases of abuse where the victims have steadfastly maintained that all they really wanted was an apology and the bad behavior to stop. They only turned to the courts when they were rebuffed, ignored or further victimized. This is a very real pattern. KP has no one to blame but himself for this. GFA has some of the most dedicated and devout Christian staff and contributors in the world. Grace would have been extended had not pride and arrogance stood stubbornly in the way. One can't help but see the parallels between GFA,Teen Mania and Mars Hill.

Thank you to the people who had the courage to see this through. I do not consider KP to be a shepherd or GFA to be a church. Based on all I have read KP is a predatory entrepreneur and a con artist and GFA was the vehicle in his scheme to obtain staggering wealth, power and control. Thank you to all the people, especially the truly redoubtable Warren Throckmorton, who worked tirelessly on this case. I expect more justice will follow.

This is a terrible situation fraught with much suffering. I pray that the best product borne from all this will be a general deterrent to all would be con artists out there who seek to prey on trusting Christians because they find them an easy mark. I hope this action marks the beginning of a new era and that reform in this industry will be a byproduct of the pain and suffering coming out of all this betrayal and disillusion. God will not be mocked. I pray that people will not be driven away from the one true God and will not be deceived into believing that the actions of KPY and GFA represent Christendom. They do not. They are one step away from a Nigerian 419 scam and should be regarded as such."

Where was the discernment among the "leaders"?

http://www.worldmag.com/2016/02/gospel_for_asia_sued_for_fraud

2016/2/10 15:06
romanchog

Re:

If the ones filing the suit are followers of Christ, then I only have one thing to say:

Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unrighteous, and not before the saints? Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life? If then you have judgments concerning things pertaining to this life, do you appoint those who are least esteemed by the church to judge? I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you, not even one, who will be able to judge between his brethren?

But brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers!

Now therefore, it is already an utter failure for you that you go to law against one another. Why do you not rather accept wrong? Why do you not rather let yourselves be cheated?
1 Cor 6:1-7

2016/2/11 13:49Profile

Re:

good point romanchog

Unfortunately GFA and KP Yohannan are not accountable to anyone in the body
of Christ and therefore not under any ecclesiastical jurisdiction whatsoever, He has no one that he must submit to. He is is own boss so to speak and presides over his vast enterprises both GFA and believers church and all the for profit businesses he owns and operates.
He also is the principal and owner and presiding master of the Believers church in India and therefore also unaccountable to anyone.

How then should he and his underlings be corrected and brought to an accounting for all his misdeeds, fraud and criminal behaviour in a church setting?

2016/2/11 14:09
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

If criminal, the government will act on their own, presumably.

2016/2/11 15:36Profile
romanchog

Re:

Notdarkyet:

In response to your question:
"How then should he and his underlings be corrected and brought to an accounting for all his misdeeds, fraud and criminal behaviour in a church setting?"

There is currently a thread on the sovereignty of God. :)

We can leave this in God's able hands and let Him bring perfect justice. We are clearly told not to bring this to the legal courts, and if there is nobody/nothing else to do, God will surely not let His children remain uncorrected.

2016/2/11 16:41Profile

Re:

VIOLATIONS OF THE RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT
ORGANIZATIONS ACT [RICO] 18 U.S.C. §§ 1961-1968

"57. As described in detail in the factual allegations above, Defendants agreed to and did conduct and participate in the conduct of the enterprise’s affairs through a pattern of racketeering activity and for the unlawful purpose of intentionally defrauding Plaintiffs and the Class. Defendants intentionally made materially false representations to Plaintiffs and the members of the Class that resulted in their contributions of money for charitable purposes to their detriment."

GFA is involved in organized crime according to the lawsuit. This really no longer
simply an internal church matter. How in the world did he get away with it for so long and to defraud so many without any alarm bells going off is beyond me.

2016/2/11 17:16

Re:

"KPY and GFA are involved in no less than 70 lawsuits, the majority of which they are the plaintiff. KP is using YOUR sacrificial contributions to fund his egotistical lust for conquest in the courtrooms with lawsuits against his own government and Fortune 500 companies like Google and Facebook because he doesn't like what is printed about him. Does that sound like a Christian leader/brother who is following Paul's instructions? Or does it sound like an entrepreneurial schemer and bully who is using every tool at his disposal to keep his racket going? http://indiankanoon.org/search... Please review this list. I think it will really help you."

GFA was promoted heavily and prominently here for many years. No discussion of GFA that dared to question KP and the gang was tolerated whatsoever. Posts were instantly removed when this organization was mentioned in less than a flattering light. The leadership of this forum needs to admit it because you missed it seriously with them.
(hope it was not pride) Otherwise the credibility of sermon index is subject to serious questioning as well.

2016/2/13 13:24

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy