SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Dumb Question regarding American Politics

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread

Re:

Total Depravity/Mortification of the flesh is the only Doctrine to cleave too in this instance. all else is forged in the anvils of hell.

2016/2/8 15:04
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

But my most troubling question is whether a true Christian, a person committed to the way of Jesus Christ, one who puts first and above all else the Kingdom of God and God’s righteousness, should ever lead a modern nation state.

My own study of U.S. presidents leads me to believe the U.S. has had only one such person as president Jimmy Carter. We have, of course, had many presidents who claimed to be Christians. In fact, probably all have claimed that. But, of course, as a favorite evangelical Christian saying goes, just being in a garage does not make one a car. And so just being a church member or even attender does not make one a true Christian.

Jimmy Carter made no secret of having been “born again.” And it would be difficult for anyone to claim that he was being insincere in that claim (e.g., just to garner the “evangelical vote”). At the time of his election there was no “evangelical block” of voters. The “Religious Right” arose after Carter’s presidency. Many evangelical Christians did vote for him because he was “one of us,” but many of them turned against him and voted for Reagan to replace him.

2016/2/8 18:56Profile

amen, brother Bill!!

Quote:
My own study of U.S. presidents leads me to believe the U.S. has had only one such person as president Jimmy Carter..............Jimmy Carter made no secret of having been “born again.” And it would be difficult for anyone to claim that he was being insincere in that claim (e.g., just to garner the “evangelical vote”). At the time of his election there was no “evangelical block” of voters. The “Religious Right” arose after Carter’s presidency. Many evangelical Christians did vote for him because he was “one of us,” but many of them turned against him and voted for Reagan to replace him.

AMEN!!! Brother Bill, SPEAK THE TRUTH!!! God love you, I sure do, neil

2016/2/8 19:01

Re: amen, brother Bill!!

It has been too long. What was Carter's stance on abortion?

2016/2/8 22:44

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy