SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sinners in the hands-an expose of the " Church," of Wells

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
The "Church of Wells" does present a challenge to consider our doctrine more carefully. Especially when it comes to the basics - how to be saved, what is repentance and how should that be done, how to pursue righteousness, what does a holy life look like, etc.

I've been pondering this thread and I'm wondering if these young men and women have fallen into an age old trap of fixing their eyes on themselves and their personal holiness and not fully on Jesus Christ and His Cross where He redeemed mankind.

There is a danger for all who have walked with the Lord honestly for any length of time to come to place their own desire for holiness before their desire to know God more deeply. The result is that we separate ourselves even from family instead of remembering that our primary call is to minister to the 'least of these'.

Just some musings this morning.

In Christ,

2016/1/31 10:06Profile

Re:

I think they are also upset with the complacency of Christianity. They see the extremes of religious hypocrisy not realizing that they have moved to the opposite extreme in an effort to differentiate and distance themselves from mainline Christianity. I have seen many through the years despise an extreme and then react to it by going to the opposite spectrum in their own extreme. Their Christianity is more like, "we are different than all of you. We are true disciples, and you can measure our walk and beliefs by yours and observe that we are more biblical".

Our walk cannot be reactionary based on what others are doing or not doing (as the case may be). Our walk must only be in response to the Holy Spirit leading and guiding us by His spoken and written Word (which are not contradictory).

2 Corinthians 10:12
For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

2016/1/31 11:11

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy