SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sinners in the hands-an expose of the " Church," of Wells

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Good information Oracio, I ran into that when discussing with one of the leaders several years ago. I asked him about sin in his own life and he told me he was completely sanctified and had no sin.............bro Frank

2016/1/28 17:31

Re:

Lots of red flags, for sure. But using the KJV version? The KJV does not create cults, if so, it should be banned then everything will be ok in Christendom.

2016/1/28 19:27
havok20x

Re:

Oracio,

I have also noticed a tendency for many cults within Christianity to be KJV-only. I think it may be because those cults are attempting to get back to "pure" Christianity, and in their eyes, the purest form of the scriptures is the KJV.

Fortunately for us, "pure" Christianity is rooted in Jesus Christ, and not all kinds of legalism or technicalities. Think about it, if the only way to get back to "real" or "pure" Christianity was to work really, really hard, then where is grace? I can't imagine that the dividing line between knowing the Lord and not knowing the Lord is only my unctious effort.

2016/1/29 9:29Profile

Re:

I can peruse a lot of churches and come up with different versions. I bet Joel Osteen's church (cult) uses every version "in the book". I have never heard him read KJV. I would be very careful about saying all cults use KJV. It is the Bible that evangelized the world for 300-400 years. It stands to reason that the most widely used Bible will be used by aberrant groups.

2016/1/29 10:10
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Very true havok20x.

Again, being KJV-only is not cultish in itself. Being KJV-only gets cultish when they say that other versions are not the Word of God and that if you enjoy reading other versions you are unsaved.

2016/1/29 11:03Profile

Re:

I would agree with that, Oratio.

2016/1/29 11:20
havok20x

Re:

I am definitely not against the KJV or anyone who prefers it, but KJV-only people, by definition, seem to question your salvation if you don't use it.

I've had them tell me that if you don't use the KJV to lead someone to Christ, that the person can never actually be saved, because they didn't really hear the Word of God.

2016/1/29 11:26Profile

Re:

Well there are KJV-only people that are rigid and legalistic and there are people that prefer only the KJV.

But, I know where you are coming from.

It is futile to get into arguments or debate with people that seem to know whether you are saved or not based upon a book that you read or don't read. They care not about fruit, just their legalism. Time is too precious and I don't have the time for them.

2016/1/29 12:57
yuehan

Re:

A good tree bears good fruit. Bad fruit is thus symptomatic of error in doctrine (sometimes subtle) and a distorted understanding of God. I think that's a good rule of thumb when it comes to discernment.

The "Church of Wells" does present a challenge to consider our doctrine more carefully. Especially when it comes to the basics - how to be saved, what is repentance and how should that be done, how to pursue righteousness, what does a holy life look like, etc.

2016/1/30 1:41Profile

Re:

Quote:
by yuehan on 2016/1/30 1:41:06

A good tree bears good fruit. Bad fruit is thus symptomatic of error in doctrine (sometimes subtle) and a distorted understanding of God. I think that's a good rule of thumb when it comes to discernment.

Bad fruit is symptomatic of an evil heart. People with good hearts sometimes, ignorantly believe in erroneous doctrine.

Mat 12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the ABUNDANCE OF THE HEART the mouth speaketh.

Mat 12:35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the EVIL TREASURE bringeth forth EVIL THINGS.

Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an EVIL HEART of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

Eze 18:31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

The right doctrine without a new heart only results in putting "new wine in old wine skins."

2016/1/30 9:51

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy