SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : IS SMOKING CIGS A SIN?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
moreofHim

Re: smoking

Elisabeth,

I am glad to hear that you are familiar with settingcaptivesfree. Did you like it? I recommend it to alot of people for "The Lord's Table".

What Jimmy wrote reminded me so much of a quote from Oswald Chambers I posted on my journal today:

"Don't waste time asking God to keep you from doing things--don't do them!"

I know that it sounds easier said than done- but sometimes it takes a little kick in the pants :-P .

I have had to do this in certain areas of my life where I tend to let my flesh rule (overeating or obsessing about things).

A few years ago, I was in bondage to fear of rejection and this caused me to be obsessed with my body image and exercising and weight loss drugs. I knew no matter how I asked the Lord to take it all away and just deliver me- that He would not. I had to make the choice to surrender it everyday- then He would give me the grace I needed to obey.

It was a long process (months and years) and I had to make a choice everyday to surrender my will to God or do what my flesh wanted to do- even though i might feel rejected.

Well, anyway. I see the Lord has delivered many of us from many things because we have desired to be obedient. Praise God we all want to be obedient still and will do what the Lord asks of us (through His strength and grace).

All I can say is press on brothers and sisters. If something is tugging at your heart, if you're not at peace with something when you let the Lord search your heart- let Him have His way. I will be doing the same :-)

Surrendered to Him, Chanin

2005/5/16 21:49Profile
dohzman

?????

GO DADDY . COM????lol I think they changed thier web page on you. Made me chuckle though, went there and thought, well nvm, any way God bless ya'all,Bro. Daryl

2005/5/16 22:33Profile
adonaisarmy

Re:

ALL FOLLOWING THIS POST PLEASE READ!

I have to agree with you Jimmy about picking up your cross daily. There is many that will name the name of Christ, and stake claims to Him with their mouths but they are far from Him in their hearts. I fear falling into this, as i have, and strive not to. They claim to know Him but deny him by their actions.
Jesus said basically if you really love me, take up your cross(die to yourself, and submit to my will and obey me) and follow me, Forsake all for me, otherwise YOU ARE NOT WORTHY OF ME!
We might say we love God, and outwardly make claims to Christ, and go to church, and such, but if we do not take up our cross, and deny ourselves and follow Him, obey His commands, abide in His words, Then our words are empty and in vain, and we have dead faith, and are fooling ourselves that we love God.

THIS IS A WARNING TO THOSE THAT THINK THEY ARE SAFE CAROUSING IN SIN!

2Peter2:4 "For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; 5and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly; 6and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly; 7and delivered righteous Lot, who was oppressed by the filthy conduct of the wicked 8(for that righteous man, dwelling among them, tormented his righteous soul from day to day by seeing and hearing their lawless deeds)— 9then the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment, 10and especially those who walk according to the flesh in the lust of uncleanness and despise authority. They are presumptuous, self-willed. They are not afraid to speak evil of dignitaries, 11whereas angels, who are greater in power and might, do not bring a reviling accusation against them before the Lord.
12But these, like natural brute beasts made to be caught and destroyed, speak evil of the things they do not understand, and will utterly perish in their own corruption, 13and will receive the wages of unrighteousness, as those who count it pleasure to carouse in the daytime. They are spots and blemishes, carousing in their own deceptions while they feast with you, 14having eyes full of adultery and that cannot cease from sin, enticing unstable souls. They have a heart trained in covetous practices, and are accursed children. 15They have forsaken the right way and gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Beor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness; 16but he was rebuked for his iniquity: a dumb donkey speaking with a man’s voice restrained the madness of the prophet. 17These are wells without water, clouds carried by a tempest, for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.
18For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through lewdness, the ones who have actually escaped from those who live in error. 19While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage. 20For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 21For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”

Let us remeber the many warnings of our Lord, He talked more of the reality and danger of going to Hell than of Heaven. If your right hand, or foot causes you to sin, cut it off, it is better for you to enter heaven with one hand then two hands or feet into hell.

He spoke about absolutes concearning His kingdom.
His absolutes were requirements and conditions for entering His Kingdom.

Unless you are Born Again, you cannot enter into Gods kingdom! (We all are naturally enemies of God, children of wrath, we need a total transformation, to enter Gods kingdom. Unless we are totally transformed from a slave to sin, to slave of righteousness, A new creation, Born from ABOVE we cannot enter Gods kingdom. We must be transformed NOW, before we can enter AFTER death.)

LET ALL THOSE WHO NAME THE NAME OF CHRIST DEPART FROM INIQUITY.2 Tim 2:19

Unless we become as a little child WE SHALL NOT enter Heaven!

Unless our righteousness surpass's that of the pharisees WE SHALL NOT enter the kingdom of heaven.( We need transformation of the inside out) They were white wash Tombs, we need a total transformation! Impossible with man possible through Jesus Christ!

We are told to strive to enter the narrow gate! There is few that find it. But wide is the road that leads to destruction, and many go down that road. (We must strive to enter through Christ, to be found in Him)

These are warnings from our Lord to us, to repent(change heart&mind and turn from sin, to christ) To go and sin no more,and trust in Christ Jesus to save us from our sin, and to transform us. That He took our sin upon Him, He destroyed it, we not only forgiveness through His death, but through His resurection we have His power to justifying and santify us, and finally glorify us, Christ came to set us free, Christ is our High Priest, our reedemer, our Mediator. He came to set the captives free.

We must see if we have truly repented and trust in Christ and His work, as our savior and made Him Lord. Are we bearing true fruit? Have we ever sin our sin for what it is and seen are desperate need for Him as savior, and trusted in Him alone, to save you.

We must as Paul exhorts:
2Cor13:5 "Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified."

We are test ourselves wether we really are in the faith.

Jesus warned of those who would make claims to Christ, as Master, and Lord, like the 5 Virgins, the evil & wicked servant, The Goats; But they are exposed to be NOT to be HIS SHEEP, but hypocrites, lazy, disobedient, fearful, unloving, and they are not saved as they blindly believed they would be, but are cast into the lake of fire prepared for the devil!

I Speak now to all those who have wrote that May still be Smoking, or doing any drugs for that matter. Some have said there is ussually a root to why people are doing drugs. There can be, but i must say we can in no way minamize the sin those roots led to, as henious the root may seem, we cannot deny the reality of the end result of sin because of the unfortunate begingin of it. If someone was raped as a child, and because of this, this effected them into depression, rejection, coupled with their sin nature, leading them later in life living a promiscuis lifestyle, commiting adualtry, fornication, drugs etc. Even though there is a root much deeper than what is outwardly exposed. They are still guilty of the sin of adualtry etc. We cannot negate the reality of the outward behavior based on the roots, and that outward behavior is what it is, whether there is a root or not. We are responsible for all our actions, no matter what. Sin is Sin.

Ciggarets are designed by the world. Ultimatly The Devil. The world is working for him. All Ciggaret Companies main purposes are to make money at any cost, that is all they care about. They know that their product kills the vast majority of their clients, but there love for money, doesnt blink an eye at the alarming death toll. Knowing the effectivness of their product by the poisoness spell it exudes to those around its users they can afford to lose their immediate user, trusting he will bring another slave into their web of addiction, enslavement and death.
Every person that takes part in this is partaking in that wicked scheme at the top, and is contributing to its masters plan. (Satan) He comes only to steal,kill and destroy.

Ciggarets (unlike Alcohol which if controlled and used in small quantities can be good for you, yet if not controlled is deadly) Ciggarets on the other hand are from the beggining to the end 100% bad for you. They do nothing good for you. They Kill you. In doing them you are slowly submitting yourself to a substance that is proven will kill you. You are purposfully harming yourself, hating, and murdering yourself, and placing others in that same harm. If ciggarets are made by the world(not from above) but of the evil one, if they bring death(plans of the evil one) (not of God) Then partaking in them, is partaking in the plans of the devil. You are submiting to Death, and enslaved to it and obey its desires. It is submiting to satans workings, and plans to bring destruction in this earth. You are helping him in his plan to destroy you, and the rest of the world.
God hates every evil way. If we submit to this, we are in outright rebbellion to our Maker, His nature, and purposes.
Anything we put before God is and Idol. God commands us to love Him with all our heart, soul, mind, will and strength, smoking ciggarets is a love of self, over serving God, it is love of the world, and submiting to the works of the evil one. It is not from above, but below. It is not love and reverence for God, and not love for others. It is Idolatry. Yahweh is a Jelous God, and anything we put before Him, is an Idol, wether person, game, self, stone idol, or ciggarets which like stone idol is inheritly wicked to begin with and should be detested.

We are warned that:
1Cor6:9 "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God."

2 Cor7:1 "Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God."

We are not to love the things of the world, we are to come out of it. We are to be Holy for He is Holy. And We are Warned WITHOUT HOLINESS NO MAN CAN SEE THE LORD! So unless we are made Holy, and are set apart we cannot see the Lord.

Romans 6:15 "What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! 16Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness? 17But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. 18And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. 19I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness. 20For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. 21What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. 22But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life. 23For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

As i said before i once was bound to ciggarets, and many other wicked things, but now have been washed and changed by our Blessed Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be all Glory Ohnor and Praise. I too had many roots to my problems, but they were dealt with after i obeyed, and he delivered me. It is all His grace, we must look to Him, and trust in what He has already done for us, and cling to Him.
I implore all those bound by this wicked practice and Idol in their heart before the Lord, Repent, turn to Christ, Flee to the feet of the Savior for His saving grace. His is full of Mercy, Grace, and truth. Trust Him, He alone can save, seek Him will He may be found. Go and sin no more.

joshua

2005/5/18 3:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy