SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Pope Francis draws criticism over Protestant concessions

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Pope Francis draws criticism over Protestant concessions

"Pope Francis has come under fire from traditional Catholics who are growing alarmed that the Vatican is making too many concessions to Protestants – specifically, Lutherans – in the pope’s effort to foster Christian unity.

Traditionalists are crying foul over what they are calling “unprecedented expressions of openness ... towards Lutheranism,” from moves as seemingly benign as the Vatican supporting the naming of a square in Rome after Martin Luther, to remarks by the pope late last year in which he seemed to open the door to Lutherans accepting communion in a Catholic church.

The worry and anger seemed to reach boiling point last week when top officials from the Catholic and Lutheran churches released a joint press release describing a “common prayer” that is to be used in services to mark next year’s 500th anniversary of the Protestant reformation, the movement that divided the church and was spearheaded by Luther."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/19/pope-francis-draws-criticism-protestant-concessions

2016/1/19 8:54

Re: Pope Francis draws criticism over Protestant concessions

Neil

Mathew 15: 14

English Standard Version
Let them alone; they are blind guides. And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”

Berean Study Bible
Disregard them! They are blind guides. If a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit."

Berean Literal Bible
Leave them! They are blind guides of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit."

2016/1/19 13:50

Re:

This is all orchestrated. Don't be fooled. Good cop, bad cop. Counter-reformation is still going on until the only expression of institutional Christianity is the Catholic Church.

2016/1/22 17:32

Re:

Why I thought the Pope was a pretty nice guy. After all he is sincere. I think it's too bad that the traditional Catholics don't like him. He's a hit with some of the Chrisnatic evangelicals. I think Kenneth Hagen likes him. He even prayed for him in one of his meetings. Rick Warren says Francis is his pope. Certainly he can't be all bad.

I mean after all the Pope is sincere in trying to bring all the faiths together. Who can fault that?

Bear

2016/1/22 18:28

Re:

I am sure no one took my previous post seriously. We have had our first snowfall in Arkansas. And my brain is frozen mush.

Love y'all.

Bearnaster:):):)

2016/1/22 21:09

Re:

"by Julius21 on 2016/1/22 17:32:33

This is all orchestrated. Don't be fooled. Good cop, bad cop. Counter-reformation is still going on until the only expression of institutional Christianity is the Catholic Church."

save your "christianese" for the other Jew hating replacement theologists like yourself,ingrafted vine, soon to be torn out on the Day of the LORD.

2016/1/22 23:20

Re:

"I mean after all the Pope is sincere in trying to bring all the faiths together. Who can fault that?"

YAHWEH.

2016/1/22 23:22
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Quote: "I am sure no one took my previous post seriously. We have had our first snowfall in Arkansas. And my brain is frozen mush."

Haha bear. Couldn't take it seriously since Hagin died over 12 years ago. 😉

2016/1/22 23:27Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Quote: "save your "christianese" for the other Jew hating replacement theologists like yourself,ingrafted vine, soon to be torn out on the Day of the LORD."

Whoa. Well done. Best not to beat around the bush.

2016/1/22 23:32Profile

Re:

TMK, if you understand what Neil is trying to tell me, maybe you can explain it. I don't have a clue.

2016/1/22 23:55

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy