SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : demonic oppression

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
yuehan

Re:

I have another question for you: when you think about God, what kind of God are you imagining?

A God who is angry and impossible to please? Or a God who is abounding in love and faithfulness, and actually *likes* having you as His son?

2016/2/23 11:54Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: demonic oppression

John,

The demonic attacks will cease when the
demons are cast out by the authority of
the name of Jesus. Counceling is not going
to do this. You need to find some mature
brothers that know their authority in Jesus
Christ, and that minister deliverance to
those that are being oppressed by demons.
Yes, Christians can be oppressed, not
possessed by demons. Your part will be to
repent, and renounce what has opened
the door so that all the legal ground that
is giving the enemy access to your life
can be removed.

2016/2/23 12:51Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

I look high and low in the Scriptures and find no direct support for anything any of us recommend. Let me be clear: the Scriptures are clear. WE are not. And, John Beechy, you are looking everywhere for deliverance except to the Lord Jesus Christ alone who is the Living Word of God.

Every time someone lovingly or gently suggests something, you've got one or more reasons why it won't work for you, hasn't worked for you, how your life situation is just too difficult or impossible to manage and you just want Jesus to say a word over you through some flesh and blood human so you can be done with it.

I'm with Yuehan. Stop it. You are a man. God made you for Himself. If you won't do what you should and can with the Biblical counsel you have received, why do you expect God to do some sort of deliverance for you? You won't even obey Him in the little things.

If I'm out of line, I invite correction and scolding. Man, I'm not trying to hurt you. I'm trying to lovingly get in your face and speak words of life to you. Get on your face like a man and repent like one. We all do that. We have to. Quit looking inside your own skin to see what's wrong with you. You continue to try and diagnose yourself. You act as one who thinks he can just figure it all out and if you could just figure it out, all trouble would fade.

You do not know up from down, left from right. I'm pleading with you hard because, friend, you are blind. You don't have enough sight to even begin to understand yourself. You need to quit trying to figure out what's oppressing, what's depressing, etc. You just don't have the equipment to discern all that or to just basically understand it. I don't know if that's your fault or if it is just the way things have unfolded in your life or some of both. I'd guess some of both.

But, when a man is in a pit of miry clay, wallowing in it never gets him out of it. And, getting a short term foothold only makes you a muddy mess of a man in still in a hole.

Our opinions are not your solution. Just yesterday, I thought how pitiful we are that we are not like Peter and John who could simply say, "Such as I have I give unto thee, in the name of Jesus of Nazareth, rise up and walk," and see it happen lickety-split. We are living far below that. I hate to admit it but we are. We're no use to you with our typing and advice. And, sometimes I wonder if we are not making you worse by pitching in with it. Seems to me like our feedback almost addicts you to more engrossed tales of oppression, etc. This is a carousel and you are riding 1,000 miles to nowhere on it.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, we are all so concerned FOR you that we'll stand around you and clap while you ride the merry go round. We're not helping you.

We can't. We don't have the power. We don't have the fellowship. We don't have the authority over you spiritually in a body of believers to speak to the dominions and authorities on your behalf, we don't have the ability to remit sins for you, we don't have anything but our best intentions and our prayers. But, if we take what you are saying as truth about yourself, this kind does not come out but by prayer and fasting, and by the authority of the church of Jesus and your accountability to it. We are that in our places and people, but we are not that together here.

AbideinHim has given a fine piece of advice. I have given you my own advice before. Our brother Greg has done so. You've been encouraged in these threads by everyone on this forum, pretty much, as far as I can tell. I believe most of us would open a vein for you if it meant your deliverance and liberty and joy in Jesus. We have nothing left to give you but the same things we already do give you.

I'm willing and ready to keep doing that and I am certain these loving and sweet people in this forum will do so for you. But, John, I can't help but wonder -- what will YOU do?

Jesus, put a spirit of truth on the lips of John Beechy. We are nothing. But, You said that the mouth speaks from the abundance of the heart. Cause the truth of John Beechy to be spoken by himself here. Not truth as he thinks it or sees it, but the facts of his life. He doesn't owe us, and it isn't from any obligation of John that I ask this, Lord; it is for this purpose -- that You show John Beechy Yourself in the middle of the heap of his life, and that his honesty "aloud" here clears his own mind so that HE can be open before You, Lord. Give him the sight and the insight and, Lord, the willing spirit to be made right and to stand. Please have mercy on me for harshness, Lord. I don't mean to be. I just don't know any other way to get through this fog for John.

2016/2/23 14:17Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

Do you know anyone who has the gift of discernment John? It would be good if you went to find a minister who has experience of deliverance. Then they can at least minister to your needs wether they are spiritual or just in the emotional realm.

That should really be the important thing to do at the moment.

You can email some of us if you want to.

God Bless.

2016/2/24 5:42Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re:

John,

I haven't read all the responses, if someone has mentioned this... :(

I'm not saying you are not doing any of the following and you know that I definitely believe in casting out demons but 95% of them can be run out when we devote time to prayer and the reading of the Word.

Is there someone you can pray regularly with (in person or on the phone)? Is there someone that you can do Bible studies with on a regular basis?

I'm going to pray that God sends you that someone or someones who can spend time with the Lord.

God bless you John
Lisa

2016/2/24 7:10Profile

Re:

Brother John,
So many praying for you to be set free. God will surely answer.
When I lived in VA I was blessed to know and fellowship with some wonderful believers in Mennonite circles. Since half of them were Yoder's and the other half Beechy's (slight exaggeration 🙂) I'm wondering if you are of that background. I saw many of my Mennonite friends there struggle with condemnation over things, some sinful, others not sinful at all but only traditional. As I also came out of a religious background emphasizing the law I have also struggled with condemnation even as a believer in Christ and felt like God would never forgive me of some things.

This is a huge lie and inroad from the enemy of our souls to reinforce negative thoughts and can indeed be confirmed by demons . The Lord has given me some verses that I sometimes sing to reinforce Truth in my spirit.

One is 2 Tim. 1:6,7 'Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God which is in thee by the laying on of my hands for God hath not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.'

And the other scripture I repeatedly resist the enemy with is Romans 8:1-4 'There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit, for the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set me free, from the law of sin and of death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit.'

And you are in Christ,brother John Beechy, and walking after the Spirit as KJV puts it.

The Lord will teach you to walk in the freedom of the Spirit and instruct you in the way you should go as you lay down those old haunting voices and speak the truth.

If I am incorrect here, forgive me, but may God speak to others. Thank you Lord for setting us free from our pasts and giving us life every day. Your mercies are new every morning. Great is thy faithfulness.
Sister L

2016/2/24 8:24
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

Guys, I don't know what is wrong with me and I know I have been going through this endless cycle for a long time and i have been guessing to what could be causing this for sometime and I thought it might be bitterness and anger because noticed that i become bitter so easy, and then on sunday I talked to a minister and he is not sure but thinks some of my issues resolve around the fact after hearing my struggles that I dont believe God can forgive me for my past sins that I committed with my wife before we were married and because I married someone who was not born again and he thinks that could be a root issue. What he said seemed to make sense because I have always struggled with that particular sin in the past. Yes, a part of me has seen God as against me at times and not willing to forgive me and to chastize me when I sin. I have talked to so many people, but I don't know if anyone can help me, this something I am going to have to have to let the Lord deliver me from. Their have been many times when I have tried trusting the Lord alone for these struggles I have been going through, many times I have, butthen sometimes it becomes so hard and like last week i became so weak and afraid I guess i didnt see my prayer to be answered so easiily so i needed others to lift me up. Not to say i was right in doing that. My dad does have Amish and Mennonite family in Indiana. But, I have talked to people at my church in Lockport and sat downnd they have prayed and prayed for me to and I had one man even rebuke the devil once. I also am going to see a pastoral counselor march 1st through my sisters church.I dont their something wrong with my own heart, actually I know their is a lot of sin in my heart, most of its inward and mental struggles to to living the christian life. I am emotionally a reck with my work, I need to get away from work for some time, my job is very demanding. I no longer workat walmart, now the Dollar Tree Warehouse. The pay is great but, man ever since I started working their in November I have been so oppressed, the first day in orientation I started losing feeling in my body for no apparent reason, but I had to trust that the Lord would get me through it and I couldnt run in fear, but I trusted him and it went away. But, this job expects me to have high numbers for my job, so your rushing really fast all the time to get your numbers and I told myself I wouldn't fall into this working so fast as if my life depended upon it, but then I got caught up in it in fear of losing my job and so i start rushing and then i get angry and frustrated and then many times that is when i feel this presence come down on me that like attacks and weakens my body, it is the same presence that has attacked me in my car when i am driving to. So then i slowed down my working habits because everytime i work fast it seems like those attacks come which then I dont get my numbers and their threatening me my job and then the people at work look down on me as if no body which is true, but i seem to been getting very bitter about it because i know i can do better, but dont because of these struggles of mine. I just got a new job offer though and I found out the man is a believer and we were talking about our faith together, so I am a little excited about that,but I will be losing almost 4 dollars an hour to start, but i think it is worth it. But, guys I need to trust in Christ alone as the broher said this is something I have been thinking about for sometime, but does that mean I never ask for prayer, that has confused me. I appreciate your wisdom and prayers and yes I do pray daily and read the word or something to do with the Lord like a book or documentary or music everyday, i am not the best at expressing everything in words. Love you guys in Christ

2016/2/24 9:30Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

a

2016/2/24 9:38Profile
yuehan

Re:

Bible4life,

I can identify with aspects of your struggle. I can remember a time when when I felt very oppressed, to the point that I could not get out of bed, and even had trouble holding a pen.

Looking back, it was because I was not rooted in the love of God, and did not fully trust the finished work of Jesus on the cross. That made me vulnerable to spiritual attacks.

I'm glad you have begun to recognize what the "root issue" is. In all your sharings, it is apparent that you are not confident in the finished work of the cross. Well, you need to start trusting that God has fully accepted you - not by your works or performance, but solely on the basis of what Jesus accomplished for you on the cross. It is totally unmerited, that's why it's called grace.

Your "root issue" is really a form of unbelief. That, in turn, has made you vulnerable to various kinds of oppression.

Yes, there's a spiritual element - but let's not overplay that. The main issue is not the oppression or the demonic attacks, it is your unbelief: (i) You do not fully trust in Jesus' work on the cross; (ii) You do not trust the character of the real God (who is the opposite of the angry, condemning, and unforgiving deity of your creation).

Given that the oppression is merely a symptom of your unbelief - you cannot just "pray" for the symptoms to go away. You have to make an active choice to adopt a correct view of God, and believe in Jesus' finished work on the cross for you.

Also: be discerning as to what you receive into your being - (i) Only choose to receive that which comes from God; (ii) Don't receive things that do not originate from God. Should the oppressive attacks or negative feelings come again, just say, "Those are not of God", and don't receive them.

2016/2/24 9:52Profile
yuehan

Re:

One thing which I'd like to point out is that faith doesn't have anything to do with feelings.

You have spoken that you no longer feel the presence of God as you did in the past. But that does not change the fact that God is with you, and that He loves you. And guess what? Most of us here don't feel God tangibly all the time anyway.

Faith is about trusting in God, irrespective of your feelings. Your desire to "feel God's presence" is really wanting to "see" before trusting Him - and that is the opposite of faith.

Bible4life - Make a choice to trust God and what He says in the Bible, in spite of whatever you're feeling or experiencing.

Here's a short anecdote from my life:

One day, I felt like a loser. I had all kinds of self-centered, idolatrous expectations (which I was not meeting anyway). I felt down, and very oppressed.

So while lying on the couch, I prayed to God. I was honest with Him - told him about all my ungodly desires, and asked Him to help me to find my security in Him.

Very soon, I heard God saying to me - "I have always loved you, even when you were a child." The oppression lifted, and I was very happy for the rest of the day.

When the next day came around, I did not hear God speaking tangibly in the same way. But does that mean His words to me the day before was no longer valid?

God's statement of love to me remained just as valid. It did not depend on whether I tangibly heard him, felt His presence, or experience positive feelings. Why? Because the truth of God's love for me was contained in the pages of the Bible.

And it was up to me to make an active choice to trust His Word.

2016/2/24 10:12Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy