SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : demonic oppression

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

Do you think things like crosses even or books can cause oppression? I have got rid of books that have false teaching and any occult things like tarot cards before, but didn't notice anything. I have wondered if it is superstitious. I noticed I started getting really oppressed when I ever I start looking into the one world government or new world order stuff.

2016/1/14 22:20Profile
yuehan

Re:

Let me share a relevant anecdote with you, bible4life -

One of my family members won a "dragon" plush toy from a theme park years ago. I would feel anxious whenever I saw the dragon, as if there was an "evil presence" to the it. However, the plush toy was not mine, and I could not get rid of it.

One day, I realized the anxiety I had towards the plush toy was not due to any intrinsic evil attached to the dragon, but was rooted in my beliefs about it.

Now, I'm very familiar with dragons due to my ethnicity and absolutely had no problems with them in the past, even in my early Christian days. But some Christians I'm acquainted with believe that all dragons were symbolic of Satan, and advocated discarding all such items. Those beliefs rubbed off on me, and thenceforth I developed an anxiety towards dragons.

I don't believe there is an "evil presence" to the dragon plush toy anymore - I even deliberately hugged it a few times. I do not deny the reality of evil spirits (good on you for getting rid of tarot cards), but even if they were around, Satan has no hold over the believer and there is absolutely no ground for anxiety. To the contrary, evil spirits should be afraid of those who are in Jesus Christ.

So it's been an interesting episode with the plush toy. There was nothing really wrong with the toy, no spiritual dimension to it - the anxiety was entirely rooted in my beliefs about the toy. Indeed, you call it a superstition. Once I changed my beliefs, the anxiety dissipated.

2016/1/15 2:10Profile
yuehan

Re:

Some questions for you to ponder:

1. Do you believe that God loves you, and fully accepts you?

2. Do you believe that God has fully forgiven you, and is pleased to keep you as His son?

3. Do you believe that God wants to bless you, and live life in the expectation of being blessed by Him? Or do you think God is out to punish you, or inflict you with pain and confusion?

4. You have asked for prayer many times, but what do you want God to do in your life? - Get rid of the thoughts? Change your anxiety instantly?

5. How do you imagine "normal" life would look like, when you are no longer obsessing over your thoughts or demons? What would you be doing then on a daily, moment-by-moment basis?

Look forward to reading your point-by-point responses to these questions.

2016/1/15 2:31Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

Hey brother I will try responding to those questions.

1. I believe it is God's nature to love and because of that he loves me and I do believe he accepts me in the work and person of Christ only. But, my struggle has been that i go back and forth thinking i lost my salvation because of everything I am experiencing.

2. I believe God can forgive and forgives all sin because of Christ death on the cross and resurrection, but I struggle believing he can forgive me because I don't sense his presence like I use to so I at times fear he left me.

3. At times I am confused, when i read the word or others books or writing I look see God's great mercy and love for us, but then I again look at my affliction I go through and wonder if I did something wrong at times. I guess it is a inner struggle with me where some days I believe it and other days I have these immense struggles and wonder if someone saved could experience this.

4. I want to know I am forgiven and that I am truly am saved and know what I am experiencing if its from him or from demons or just me and my health.

5. I probably would too vocal of a christian and try to reach out to as many people as possible. I would try to enjoy every moment of my life and I would flee sin with a passion.

2016/1/22 5:39Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

Hey guys please continue to keep me in prayer another round of oppression from the enemy has started coming on me again and having a hard time getting through this.

2016/2/15 21:37Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re: demonic oppression

Okay John, praying. And also that you would find the keys out of this place.

2016/2/16 1:56Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

Thanks brother. I feel as if their are evil spirits in my chest area and throat area I can feel something that is affecting. I know that sounds crazy to some but i believe their are evil spirits in my flesh. I dont think they possess my spirit, but I do believe their in my body, a few years ago I felt them come in when I was trying to resist them. But, the reason why i say that is because they are weaking my body or try to take over it or something and I can feel a presence, my problem is I dont know what is causing this, but anyways I appreciate your prayers, right now I am going through a terrible struggle, my body is so weak.

2016/2/16 8:24Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

John do feel this sensation during the day when fully awake or when you are in bed?

2016/2/16 8:51Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

I feel it in both places

2016/2/16 10:34Profile
yuehan

Re:

Bible4life,

You *feel* that there are evil spirits in your body, but the truth is that it's all in your mind.

Those feelings are a product of anxiety and fear (likely rooted in wrong beliefs about God and about yourself). That's something which is very apparent in your earlier post about how you have begun to feel oppressed by even crosses and books.

I came across this quote by a secular neuroscientist recently, which ties into what I said: "The thalamus (in the brain) makes no distinction between inner and outer realities, and thus any idea, if contemplated long enough, will take on a semblance of reality. Your belief becomes neurologically real, and your brain will respond accordingly."

You have been obsessing over demons for years. Stop that.

How about just forgetting everything about demons, and fix your mind on happy and positive things - particularly God, who loves you very much and has already fully accepted you?

2016/2/23 11:39Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy