SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The pain of loneliness

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The pain of loneliness

Tozer wrote an article that the saint must walk alone. Really? I doubt if he understood the pain of returning to a lonely house on a dark winter night. But then I doubt anyone in this forum understands what I write. You have your loving families. You are truly blessed. My company is four lonely walls in the dark of winter.

Doing my best to refrain from returning to that house. But must return there. Not so bad in the day. But lonely at night.

But then maybe darkness is my friend. Maybe despair and lonelines are my companions. There us no one for me but loneliness.

So will dwell in Lodabar. But then for ne what else is there?

2016/1/8 18:39
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: The pain of loneliness

Mr. Bear, as someone that has lost a wife of almost 40 years, a 19 year old child, and had a triple bypass in Feb. 2015, no family close by, I live in a 33' travel trailer in a country setting, Brother I could write you a book on loneliness. Of course I have friends that stop by and call, a couple times a week, but I've learned that there is so much to be gained from loneliness, or I like to call it living the quite life.

I have never experienced the relationship with the Lord as I have now, I would even go as far as saying, that I don't think I would have ever be able to experience the relationship I have now with God, when living in a family environment. I'm not alone! the king is with me, and I'm not about to go out searching, for fleshly relationships, to combat my lonesomeness, you will know when you have really come to know him, when he is all you want.

2016/1/8 19:12Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
But then maybe darkness is my friend. Maybe despair and lonelines are my companions. There us no one for me but loneliness.

Brother Blaine, in my single days I have felt what you are sharing and I would echo what brother is saying that our Lord is always with us and the more alone we are the more opportunity to grow in that relationship with Jesus.

I also believe Christian community is very important and something western believers do not cherish or consider Biblical. It is not enough to have a few meetings a week but to really live close enough with saints that we are all the family of God together. Such a call to community we featured in a recent Art Katz sermon on the home page.

May God encourage you today as you have been an encouragement to so many of God's people.

2016/1/8 20:11Profile
dohzman

Re: Blaine

I had a business for almost 25 years that took me all over God s green earth and kept me away from family and on the road setting up trade shows and working them. I would be gone for 6 weeks to 2 months at a time. I remember one time when my to oldest children were 5 yrs and 6 yrs old and I had only been home for a few days and had to leave out again for a 5 week stretch, as I was loading the van to head out they were hanging on my legs crying and pleading with me not to go, real tears, rip my heart out, that image haunted me in the dark of night in a lonely hotel room a good many nights. In my mind while there at the shows in my mind I just was not there, if you know what I mean. I was able to do that business only by the Grace of God. As the 2 youngest got into their 8 years and older stage I cut back to very few shows. The loneliness of that time has never left me,but during that time I never stopped praying and crying out to the Lord, often times 10-12 hrs without ceasing, some nites in the hotel room I would not sleep, just pace the floor and pray, driving I was always in prayer. I heard the Lord and saw His hand in ways that people only read about. The scars of solitude I guess. Brother I understand, if you need someone to talk to just let me know I can get you my email than my ph no. or skype..Until than I will keep you in my heart for prayer that the same Grace the Lord showed me will be poured out on you like an oil of joy and peace.

2016/1/8 21:15Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings blain

I might not understand exactly what your struggling with just now but JESUS knows. HE knows the words on your heart before you even speak them. HE knows and HE fully understands I pray you will find comfort in that. I will be praying for you.

God bless
Maryjane

2016/1/9 0:02Profile
savannah

Re: The pain of loneliness

https://youtu.be/GPLsK3I-VIE

2016/1/9 3:33Profile

Re:

That was really good, Savannah. I thoroughly enjoyed that.

I did not know this: Very encouraging and inspiring story.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R0uGJ83tZ8

2016/1/9 11:55

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy