SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Sheep Among Wolves: Chronicles of the Persecuted Church (Volume One)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Sheep Among Wolves: Chronicles of the Persecuted Church (Volume One)

Saints,

This powerful documentary on the Persecuted Church is now live, you can rent it on vimeo to watch it. I believe it will be free in the coming months but do consider to support this endavour by Dalton Thomas.

You can watch the trailer here: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/sheepamongwolves

I believe the focus on this documentary is the underground Church in Iran.

2015/12/26 19:39Profile

Re: Sheep Among Wolves: Chronicles of the Persecuted Church (Volume One)

Greg I have been following the Ministry of this brother. Dalton Thomas along with Joel Richardson have put out an excellent film. When you rent or buy the video the money goes to support the work of the persecuted church.

Joel Richardson has put out some other excellent videos. Very well made. Worth checking out.

2015/12/27 14:36

Re:

This is actually the best documentary/film video I have ever seen on the matter of the persecuted church. And I have seen and appreciated a lot of them over the years from GFA, VOM, OpenDoors, etc. It is extremely well done production wise, challenging & thought provoking, pertinent to what is going on in the earth right now (& specifically/especially the Middle East), etc. And it not only chronicles the cost & the cross that is being born by our brethren there, but gives the hope & details the amazing missionary work & homegrown sovereign revival going on in those places that isn't being as widely reported. It also challenges our thinking on missions, laying down our life, praying for & supporting our brethren, & loving our enemies.

Also worth mentioning/noting: if you are familiar with Dalton Thomas &/or Joel Richardson, you likely know where they stand on their personal eschatological framework, on the matter of Israel, etc. However, for some who may think completely & totally differently on these issues, it should be said here: no matter if you are a preterist, partial preterist, futurist, historicity, Pre-Mil, Amil, Post-Mil, etc. this film does not deal with any of that & has DIRECT application to the church irrespective of your theological leanings. This is top of the list stuff brethren. You will not be disappointed, but you will be challenged & encouraged.
God Bless - Jeff Marshall

2015/12/27 21:50

Re:

Jeff I do agree that this video is probably one of the best on the persecuted church. Actually I haven't watchex the video yet. Because of budgetary constraints I'm waiting for it to become free on the internet. Also I don't have a way to play DVDs. But I have seen other oroductions by Joel Richardson and know that they are of excellent quality. So I'm sure this video between Dalton Thomas and Joel Richardson will reflect that same quality.

I do not know what the eschatology of Dalton Thomas is.. I have watched enough of Joel Richardson's programs to know that he is a literal premillennialist. Joel believes that we will go through the tribulation. Thus his view as he describes it is somewhat between a prerath to a post trib. The rapture will occur sometime after the tribulation. Joel believes that the Antichrist will come out of the Islamic religion. He does believe that Israel will have a role in the end times. He believes the temple will be rebuilt in Jerusalem.

But even if one does not agree with all of his eschatology. Joel does have a heart for the harvest. And in the end he does want to see people reached for the Lord Jesus Christ. He does see the refugee crisis as an opportunity to reach Muslims for Christ.

It would seem that Joel Richardson has a hard to see the kingdom purposes of Christ advanced they're calling out for the global harvest. And praying at the persecuted church will also be strengthened in the process.

Thus I look forward to seeing more videos by Dalton Thomas and Joel Richardson.

My thoughts.......

2015/12/28 11:02

Re:

Yeah, amen. Dalton Thomas shares Joel's eschatological views. This is even better than anything either has done before. And yes, both have a heart for missions, evangelism, etc. for souls to come into the kingdom. I'll actually be going on a trip, Lord Willing, this next summer that Joel Richardson (& Stuart Greaves, Bob Gladstone, Samuel Whitefield, etc.) will be on called OneKing2016 diving in among the redeemed church among Israelis & Palestinians. Excited about the opportunity & fellowship. Anyways, this production in particular is the best (& most timely in light of world events, especially in the 10/40 window right now) production on the subject out there.
God Bless,
Jeff

2015/12/28 15:40

Re:

Jeff I heard about that One King conference. I believe it's being held in Israel. I wish I were 30 years younger. And had a few thousand dollars to spare. I would love to be there with you all. But will be with you in spirit. I pray that trip will be a blessing for you and for the others who will attend.

Brother my email address is [email protected]. I would love to stay in touch with you. And also would love to hear how the conference goes this coming summer. Please feel free to drop me a line. Will be praying for you.

Blaine

2015/12/28 17:57

Re:

Just emailed you. Let me know if it went through

2015/12/28 19:14

Re:

Jeff just got your email bro. I read it briefly. I will go back and read it more slowly.

I just finished watching another Dalton Thomas video. This one is call Better Friends Than Mountains. It is the story of what God is doing among the Kurds in northern Iraq. The end of the video is a call to go and preach the gospel. This video is very well done as only Dalton Thomas can do one. Well worth watching.

Bro I am 64. But still blessed by God with some good health. Praying where he would go and help me preach the gospel.

I do not know if he's calling me to northern Iraq. But if God does bring the refugees to us. I say let me be part of his workers to minister to them the love and the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Blaine

2015/12/28 19:43

Re: Sheep Among Wolves: Chronicles of the Persecuted Church (Volume One)

Thank you brother Greg for directing my attention to Dalton Thomas.

As is my way, when I see a man's work, I dig deeper and found another film, entitled "Covenant and Controversy Part One: The Great Rage", where Dalton digs deeper into an ONGOING forum controversy, "replacement theology".

Since Dalton presented this film, in its entirety on youtube, I will start a new thread with the film there.

God bless you and your family, neil

2015/12/29 6:45
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

I was able to watch: Sheep Among Wolves: Chronicles of the Persecuted Church (Volume One) SPECIAL EDITION

Some of the video interviews of underground workers was very challenging and many statements are paradigm shifting. May God stir our hearts to share the Gospel with those who have not heard. Jesus is coming back soon.

2015/12/31 21:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy