SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Personal testimony about KP and Gospel for Asia

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
ArthurRosh

Personal testimony about KP and Gospel for Asia

I dont know a single person who has influenced me more as a Christian than KP and the ministry of GFA, if it wasn't for how the Lord used KP and GFA I would have never become a Christian and would not still be a Christian today. I became a Christian through K.P.'s books and messages and it is his example as a godly leader that has kept me in the Christian walk. if there is one organization I will stand by no matter what it is GFA, I would give all my money all my life for the sake of their love for Jesus and the lost to know him.

In terms of losing membership for financial accountability, GFA daily builds the kingdom of God by planting churches and baptizing believers in places that cannot be mentioned here for safety, they are the second largest mission organization, they are big, they work in places you and I know nothing about, the complexities involved etc

There are believers daily coming to know the Lord through GFA in the hardest to reach places so it is no wonder the enemy will try to bring opposition, I am surprised none of these things has happened sooner but it is only a test, this is the Lord allowing these things to further his kingdom.

I'm surprised at N. American, Australian/New Zealand and others who do not understand cultural appropriateness of Eastern cultures and Eastern Christianity. KP is from Orthodox background and lives in Orthodox land, myself being from Russian Orthodox background we kiss our priest hand and bow down, it is respect like shaking hand, this is the honor and beauty of other cultures other than North American whose culture is immorality and wickedness. Even though I am evangelical Christian and go to evangelical church, this is normal because I have been raised in this culture, ask Egyptian or other Christian and they will tell you, kissing rings and such is misunderstood by N. Americans because you do not live in that culture and environment so how can you understand, you are trying to apprehend something with your own limited cultural knowledge, this only leads to misunderstanding and miscommunication. Maybe you need to live in that land before making those assumptions, I feel bad for KP who have to deal with this ignorance, N. American is definately strange land, only man of God like KP deal with things like he has, he is mighty man of God and servant of the Lord in this generation, my hat go off to him. The peace of Christ be with him forever.

I am sorry and pray for the people posting and commenting ang blogging. I would suggest turn off your internet and go into your community and meet with Burmese and Laos and other people and share Bible with them, give them audio Bible, pray in Jesus name for them. Go into your knees and repent and then go with your Bible to tell your neighbor and into your community to share the love of Christ which GFA is doing and building Bride of Christ for eternity. God has GFA and KP in his hands, it is his work, blessed be the name of the Lord. Grace be with all those who love our Lord Jesus Christ with incorruptible love. Ephesians 6:24.

2015/12/20 17:12Profile

Re: Personal testimony about KP and Gospel for Asia

This is from a Calvary Chapel web page from today

The pastor is repenting for supporting G.F.A

http://www.calvaryamarillo.org/gospel-for-asia.html

2015/12/20 17:33
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

1) How is it you understand the complexities of their ministry, but professional financial auditors who deal with numerous other multi-million dollar international ministries with the same issues do not?

2) How do you know GFA is having the global impact in dangerous countries with the gospel, if they can't document it? What proof do you have privy to that their financial auditors do not? Simply taking their word for it isn't enough.

3) Even if GFA is planting churches in very dangerous areas, as an organization they are still bound by financial disclosure, accounting, and tax laws in all of these countries. There is zero activity they are engaged in as a missionary organization in which their gospel activity allows them to engage in shady financial transactions, or otherwise exempts them from the financial laws in those countries. They aren't legally or morally allowed to misrepresent their activity just to protect a few people. To admit to keeping a second set of books that they can't disclose to their auditors is in itself an admission of fraud, for which KP Yohannon should go to jail for.

2015/12/20 22:20Profile

Re:

I watched that Pastor from Calvary Chapel repent. He simply repented, he made no excuses and so on, he repented for having encouraged people to give to this organization. It did my heart good to hear this man, he said he loves truth and I believe him.

Just one more thing as far as missionaries are concerned. Lets take India, there are many many wealthy Christian Indians. There is a whole class of business Indians who could support the Gospel. I think we in the West try to assauge our conscience oftentimes by giving to foreign ministries. We dont share the Gospel ourselves with others but we give to people that do, or at least we think we do.

I went to a Bible School that graduated many missionaries ( not saying any of that is right) but they would often come back and speak. For the most part none of their churches supported them to any great degree, in fact they had to spend so much of their time going around the country begging people for money in churches using the modern business term of " partnering." It is an aweful sight to see genuine missionaries beg, and that's what they are doing, begging, and usually coming up short.

I believe there is somewhere in the region of 350,000 churches in America. Now if every church sent out and fully supported a couple of missionaries or missionary families, that would be a force of 700,000 missionaries, fully supported and fully accountable. Why not do that? Probably too simple, probably want to be associated with some big name ministry and so on. Jesus is the only name that counts of course and the sooner we stop drooling over " big names,' whether it be men or ministries the better. This fear of man, this worshiping of men and making idols of them has to stop. I think God is stopping it for such a time as this and is raising up nameless men who will speak only of Jesus and not in any way co-erce..........bro Frank

2015/12/21 1:16

Re:

Christians in the West are not only gullible but they have been guilted into giving. It is interesting psychology if you think about it. The "need to give", mentality has been created and nourished in the West so much so that Christians are easily sold on "worthy causes".

Take the little country of Haiti for example. Billions of dollars have been sowed into that tiny nation over the past 70 years. If money saved souls that whole nation should be saved by now. But, with the exception of a few souls, by and large the nation remains the same. And they know how to play the "Christian". The West taught them well how to put on the Christian "act" whenever Christians are around.

The religious con game is played everyday and will continue to be successful. If the "religious" leaders remain unwise, their followers will continue to follow them right of the cliff. Giving is a huge part of the religious system which practices spiritual abortions (more interested in salvations than discipleship), daily. It's all about nickels, noses and numbers. They live counting the numbers. They want to show people their investment is paying off.

Nobody wants to be told, "you're judgmental, how could you possibly not give to this worthy cause".

And the beat (or maybe, beast) goes on...

2015/12/21 7:23

Re:

Hi Julius,

Good post. I entirely agree. The whole giving and money thing, rather than win souls, has turned off so many people to the Gospel. 92% of all monies collected in America stays in America. It simply goes to grow buildings and pay salaries for the most part. I am not sure it could be more removed from what we see in the Scriptures or the first three hundred years of the Church.

Even in Paul's day, there were accusations of people preaching the gospel for money, so much so that for the most part, Paul worked with his own hands to avoid any obstacles to sharing the Gospel. I cannot say with any kind of certainty, but it seems to me that if Paul was living in modern day America, he would refuse to take any money from anyone given how the vast majority of the population think about tele-evangelists and " Christians," begging for money on tv using images of starving children and so on.

America sends just over 100,000 missionaries out to various places. Its the biggest number of any country but percentage wise it is not even close. There are 350,000 or so churches in America, so we can see just how little are sent, not even one per church. Now when it comes to that 100,000 or so, what kind of people are being sent? Is their " qualification," that they are filled with the Holy Spirit? I believe the early church would be horrified to see the kinds of folks we send and just what passes for missionary work. Remember, Paul was a missionary. In that day the best of the church was being sent, the ones full the power of God. Their motivation was not to alleviate world poverty although they always had a heart for the poor, but Jesus had said that they would always have the poor with them. No, their primary motivation was to save men's souls and then make disciples of them.

Lastly, a vast majority of money given in America is given to " ministries." What does that actually mean? Outside of feeding the poor and looking after orphans and widows and and preaching the word, is there any other kind of biblically based ministry that would pass mustard today? It was stated pretty bluntly by Paul that if a man did not work neither should he eat. If we simply took that truth at face value, there would be a lot of starvation going on or the work force would experience a significant boost............bro Frank

2015/12/21 9:33
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Arthur,

Maybe we westerners do not fully appreciate the eastern customs of respect. I don't think any of the SI posters are critical of KPY for merely such customs. If the financial and honesty issues were absent, I dare say that most of us would shrug or find it simply not to our taste.

But, the picture being portrayed is a large one where those customs are loaded with fealty to KPY and the financial improprieties appear to serve KPY's power through GFA. The picture, viewed as one whole, is one that breaks trust.

Your loyalty to KPY and GFA makes sense. Through them, you learned Christ. I pray that your faith in Him be not soon shaken if you later determine in your heart that these reports are true after all.

A couple of years ago, another ministry that is very respected among us who post here suffered a devastating revelation of horrid wrongdoing y its leader and his own suicide. That ministry was less than forthcoming with the full factual background of that episode. They offered little reason for teir silence, but if you know which and who it was you know that silence was facially sensible. Point is that my own trust of the leadership of that ministry suffered a blow and is not fully recovered, BUT the work they do never let up through it all. You never got any info or impression that their work was setback or that the scandal touched the work. If that appearance is actually true, then to God all credit and honor goes for keeping the ministry work unscathed.

My point in bringing that up is that GFA's work was, in my mind, on a level of importance shared by few including this other ministry. God is capable of keeping the work going even if its leaders fail. The true gospel mission of GFA will, I pray, be sustained even if it means the removal of every leader in its structure.

2015/12/21 10:00Profile

Re:

Our paradigm is shifting and all the wise men in their own wisdom or the wisdom of old wine still desperately cling to the past. What made sense in the old paradigm makes no sense in the new.

God is doing a work, walls are falling, structures are crumbling and the Kingdoms of men are shaking. This rolling stone of the gospel has gathered much moss and muck over the millennia and has been rolled into the mire of the world and its ways and its systems until it has become unrecognizable.

Now, God is shaking all that can be shaken. All the moss and the muck is being shaken off and only that which is pure shall be left before the shaking has ended. The world and all of its ways is like muck and it gets everywhere. You cant get near it without eventually being covered by it. Yet, the rivers of life shall wash away the muck or sweep away that which does not stand upon the foundation............bro Frank

2015/12/21 10:46

Re:

Jimmy wrote:

"1) How is it you understand the complexities of their ministry, but professional financial auditors who deal with numerous other multi-million dollar international ministries with the same issues do not?

2) How do you know GFA is having the global impact in dangerous countries with the gospel, if they can't document it? What proof do you have privy to that their financial auditors do not? Simply taking their word for it isn't enough.

3) Even if GFA is planting churches in very dangerous areas, as an organization they are still bound by financial disclosure, accounting, and tax laws in all of these countries. There is zero activity they are engaged in as a missionary organization in which their gospel activity allows them to engage in shady financial transactions, or otherwise exempts them from the financial laws in those countries. They aren't legally or morally allowed to misrepresent their activity just to protect a few people. To admit to keeping a second set of books that they can't disclose to their auditors is in itself an admission of fraud, for which KP Yohannon should go to jail for."

good questions

2015/12/23 10:00

Re:

Thank you Arthur for sharing your testimony.
Praise God for your salvation - "For God so loved the world..."
No one seems to be exited that you got saved, are we all to busy to worry about our money ?
It seems there is a lot wrong within GFA, but no one seems to listen to BOTH sides to find the truth and the balance.
Maybe the Lord would say again: "those without sin alone ..." This excludes my from stoning them. As true believers we know anyway that 'the Judge over all the earth will do right' . We need a lot of wisdom now but we don't need to exalt ourselves and be the judge.

The saddest thing i find is that we in the West don't seem to realise anymore how far we have fallen, how far away we are from the true Gospel.
Someone mentioned our own churches, yes WE should send out missionaries via our churches.
It seems we don't even hear the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" (Isaiah 6:8)
In another post i showed how kids in Canada were singing praises to Muhammed - and we don't even tremble.

Quote : "I am sorry and pray for the people posting and commenting ang blogging. I would suggest turn off your internet and go into your community and meet with Burmese and Laos and other people and share Bible with them, give them audio Bible, pray in Jesus name for them. Go into your knees and repent and then go..."
Good thoughts...maybe we can go together one day?

Blessings to all

2015/12/23 14:06

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy