SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : "Is Gospel for Asia’s Indian Corpus Fund One Reason Why ECFA Terminated GFA’s Membership?"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: From Faith Mennonite Church Canada

Faith Mennonite Church Canada:

As a leadership team, we have been watching the situation with GFA (Gospel for Asia) as significant concerns unfold about their financial management over the past number of months. Given the most recent updates that we have seen, along with a lack of response to our query to GFA Canada for clarity on the situation, we have decided that it is appropriate to remove GFA from our offering schedule for the two years remaining in this offering cycle. While this situation is unfortunate, we feel that this is the path of most diligence at this time, given the information that we have been provided.

For an outline of the situation, please read this article from Christianity Today http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2015/december-web-only/report-details-why-gospel-for-asia-lost-ecfa-membership.html

For some background reading, please review:
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2015/october-web-only/why-gospel-for-asia-kicked-out-of-ecfa-yohannan.html

For GFA USA’s initial response, please read here:
http://www.gfa.org/ecfa/

For a response from a Canadian pastor, please read here:
http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/warrenthrockmorton/files/2015/07/A-Pastors-Appeals-to-Gospel-For-Asia-final-draft.pdf

2016/1/14 11:00

Re: Evem more Shenanigans from GFA leadership

From the U.K

Charity Commission assessing new claims that £8.2m is missing from Gospel for Asia UK accounts
Governance | Emily Corfe | 21 Jan 2016

The Charity Commission said it is assessing new information claiming that £8.2m has gone missing from the bank account of the UK charity Gospel for Asia.

The charity’s US branch was rocked by scandal following allegations that $128m worth of donor funds were unaccounted for.

This morning, the Charity Commission said it is assessing new claims about missing charitable funds sent by the British branch to India.

Former auditor Jason Watkins, claims £9.5m was sent from the UK branch to fund projects in India over the past eight years. But just £1.3m was received in India, meaning that £8.2m is currently unaccounted for, according to Watkins' analysis of reports sent by GFA to "different governing authorities" in the US.
Watkins told Civil Society News that despite significant funds reportedly sent from the UK to India over an eight year period, GFA's reports reveal that no money was received by the charity's operations in India, prior to the financial year 2013 to 2014.

Last year, the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability revoked the charity’s US membership and it was sanctioned by the US government’s Office of Personnel Management, following revelations by blogger Warren Throckmorton that large funds were unaccounted for.

In December, the charity apologised to donors for “failing to utilize procedures necessary to ensure the highest level of accountability”.

The statement in Christianity Today magazine said: “We understand this has caused great concern and raised questions about the integrity and financial accountability of Gospel for Asia. We are sorry for the pain and confusion that we have caused".

A former senior leader and co-director of development at GFA, Travis Helm, who worked for the charity for eight years, before resigning in April, told Civil Society News that many financial decisions taken by the UK branch were centrally controlled.
Helm claims a representative of the charity’s founder and international director, KP Yohannan, “made numerous trips to the UK office to check up to maintain control” and that “almost every major - and minor – decision was filtered thought Yohannan".
The charity’s UK branch accounts reveal that six staff are currently employed in the Manchester-based office. In the last financial year, its income stood at £1.9m – an increase of more than £260,000 from the previous year. Expenditure last year was recorded as just under £1.7m.

Both Gospel for Asia UK and KP Yohannan were approached for comment by Civil Society News but did not respond by the time of going to press.

2016/1/22 15:50

Re:

How this man pulled the wool over so many sheeps eyes for such a long period
of time is beyond me. Hundreds of millions of dollars embezzled and non the wiser. Where was the discernment in the body of Christ all this time?
This mind boggling religious fraud is worthy of criminal procecution.
Mercy yes if he repents but the wheels of justice much be served.

2016/1/23 20:20
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brother,

At this time these are allegations and questions, with valid concerns. I would not consider millions stolen, if there were true then that would be a very sad state of affairs. Let us keep brother KP and Gospel for Asia in prayer that God would convict and bring to light all darkness so our Saviour's Name would not be maligned.

2016/1/23 21:36Profile
Jeremy221

Re: Discernment

I'm not too surprised by this because the church at large has discredited the gift of discernment, even those who claim to walk in the Power of the Holy Spirit.

When I heard KP's testimony, all the alarms went off. I heard all the right words but the tone, character and weight were absent. I felt like the proud, boastful rich man KP described himself as having been was the one before me. Even before this, I was given a copy of "Revolution in World Missions" as a gift and, upon hearing the trust of it, I didn't even open the book. The very title is deceit. At best what was being described was restoration, not revolution. I believe that book was fundamentally a marketing tool for GFA.

2016/1/23 22:05Profile

Re:

Gift of discernment operating in people today is usually belittled as "conspiracy theorists". This is a term always used to marginalize and discredit people, usually by those who are either part of the conspiracy or trying to cover it up. In this case, it looks like the conspiracy was true.

Conspiracies are always theories, first, until proven factual. And many have been proven factual, but it is very hard to do when so many work so hard to obfuscate the truth.

2016/1/24 2:39

Re:

Greg

These are much more than allegations as you suggest. Even the Evangelical Council for Financial Integrity gave them the boot with some pretty serious evidence of massive financial misappropriation (fraud).

My real question is what gives with your unrelenting
defence of this indefensible man who has clearly and unequivocally already done
great harm and dishonour to the Name of JESUS, the Christ and LORD.

This is not conjecture and not speculation, the numbers are out there for all to see
and not only he has fleeced the sheep for personal financial gain and glory BUT it also a serious criminal offence a that he and his followers have perpetuated
on many sincere christians who obviously drank his brand of Kool Aid.

2016/1/24 9:56

Re:

Notdarkyet wrote:

"How this man pulled the wool over so many sheeps eyes for such a long period
of time is beyond me. Hundreds of millions of dollars embezzled and non the wiser. Where was the discernment in the body of Christ all this time?
This mind boggling religious fraud is worthy of criminal procecution.
Mercy yes if he repents but the wheels of justice much be served."

The thought confidence man comes to mind. Here are some definitions.

"The definition of a confidence man is someone who gets a victim to trust them before taking their money or property.

An example of a confidence man is a con artist who acts like they're in love to steal someone's money.

a swindler who tries to gain the confidence of the victim in order to defraud

A man who swindles his victims by using a confidence game.

Someone who conducts a confidence game: who defrauds someone after winning his trust."

Sounds just like him.

2016/1/25 11:56

Re:

"According to GFA’s project giving reports for 2011-2013, donors have given $284,528 designated for leprosy ministry. However, only $36,600 has been reported on Indian government forms as being received in India during the same period. On the FC-6 form, a specific line item exists for reporting foreign donations given to assist with leprosy treatment and outreach. Only about 13% of gifts designated by donors to GFA in the United States was reported as received by GFA’s field partners in India.
Due to giving in prior years, GFA had amassed a balance of nearly $400,000 in an account to help leprosy treatment as of March 31, 2014."

2016/1/31 18:18

Re: Dear brother Julius

very early Monday AM here, just past midnite, and I feel led to reach out and say this is most true and righteous forthtelling I've read from you, (and please I beg you, don't take that as a "left-handed insult")

you wrote most correctly:

"Gift of discernment operating in people today is usually belittled as "conspiracy theorists". This is a term always used to marginalize and discredit people, usually by those who are either part of the conspiracy or trying to cover it up. In this case, it looks like the conspiracy was true.

Conspiracies are always theories, first, until proven factual. And many have been proven factual, but it is very hard to do when so many work so hard to obfuscate the truth."

I feel you are not confining this only to the sordid, terrible situation with GFA, but to the worldly "religionists" as a whole. I think i'm correct in interpreting what you so correctly forthtell, if I'm "off', please tell me.

I CANNOT understand WHY some "ministries" and the MEN, who them lead them, seem so intent on worshipping the golden calf. Money, power and control seem to be their "gods"....have these "religionists" gone simply gone mad?

and i'm not even addressing the issue of the worldly "leaders", who have seemingly abdicated their honor, and humility, seeking more power and more domination, its almost as if a dark spirit of confusion is falling over this whole world like a wet blanket, reeking of mold.

...and the truly grievous part of this, is when Messiah Jesus is at the Head of the Body of Christ, and comes to live inside a soul, and said soul, is receptive to Jesus Majesty, Beauty, and Love.....how can such things happen?

That's why it seems i'm so vociferous regarding the tribe of my flesh, the Jews....I cannot understand why such a Truth as Messiah Jesus, coming to earth in his Earthly Ministry, serving as the Last Passover Lamb, the Lamb of God, crucified, hung from the cruel tree, resurrected, and now sitting at the right Hand of the Father.....is not apparent to them....yet....I say "yet", in the same spirit, as Paul's heart cry, at the opening of Romans 9, where that dear man's Godly grief is so plainly spooled out.

The Vine is a beautiful Thing, this most holy Faith is so simple...not only to the Jew, but the Gentile as well, which makes my heart leap, always has....but then darkened men with dark hearts come in, as "religionists"...and that is not confined to first century pharisees'......but the roman institution, not 2 century's after that....."religionists" to this very day, posing as ministers of Light, but really men bent on idol worship, fleshly domination, and the stumbling of the meek, who are searching their way to God, and to Messiah.

oh forgive this seemingly meandering post.....maybe i'm prayerfully humbling myself or "mending fences" as would be the colloquial term....simply put, my Godly grief at this ALL, knows no bounds, and the ONLY Thing I have, is to hang on to a simple Faith, dead to flesh, dead to self, and totally dependent on God.

on the other hand, as you so soundly forth told, there are men that have NO FEAR OF GOD.....Nor Love of Him, or Messiah Jesus, Both Father and Son, and Holy Spirit....so Beautiful, and So Lovely, slow to anger, and quick with Their Steadfast Love and Faithfulness to forgive, justify and sanctify.

I write this while you probably sleep, and my fervent prayer is that God fill your dreams with a good and clean look onto the Heavenly Jerusalem, most excellently testified to in Hebrews, that is my prayer, with love, for you Julius, in humility, neil

2016/2/1 1:35

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy