SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Prophetic Reflections for the Last Days - Art Katz

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

Prophetic Reflections for the Last Days - Art Katz

http://artkatzministries.org/articles/prophetic-reflections-for-the-end-times/

2015/12/5 9:20Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Prophetic Reflections for the Last Days - Art Katz

from the message:

"This emerging true Church will finally grow sick of the hype and the banal predictability of a merely phraseological Christianity. It will seek the deeper reality of faith and relationship, counting the cost and increasingly taking on the visage of pilgrim, stranger and sojourner in the earth. Those that remain in conventional church situations, either impervious to the need or unwilling to pay the price, will settle under a deception of religious unreality, condemning as heretics and agitators those who cannot abide the same. Centrifugal forces will polarize Christendom ultimately toward two camps – persecuted or persecutors - reminiscent of the opposition of the Reformation churches to the Anabaptists of the 16th century! Finally, impeading unities will drive the religio-political kind to fury against that minority of the Spirit which will not subscribe to their ecumenical designs. So once again, and finally, a man will find his enemies to be those of his own household; yet, one’s love for his enemies in response to opposition and persecution will be the distinguishing mark of this consummating, remnant-martyr Church. Such a response will be the possibility of those whose conscious, determined preparation and sanctification begins now.

The light of His countenance in such a separated people will be the very factor that brings upon them, as it did Stephen, the retribution and assault of those who hate the light and prefer darkness – from without but more so from within the church. Radical apostolicity or apostasy will prove the only options during this polarization in the end-times. Neutrality or middle-of-the-road alternatives will be waste and void. We will be, finally and at last, compelled to be saints, perfecting holiness in the fear of God, in an age when the only other option is to wear the mark of the Beast."

2015/12/5 22:14Profile
alamb

High Point, NC

Re: Prophetic Reflections for the Last Days - Art Katz

Thank you for posting this last days synopsis. I first met Art Katz in the 1970's at a meeting where he was speaking.
I knew his message was directly from God. Like David, Art was a man after God's own heart. With regards to this message, it is true. Now is the time to get as close to God as you can possibly get. He is our only safe haven.

judy

2015/12/6 0:13Profile

Re:

Many have already been persecuted for holding the same belief's as Art's.

"a deception of religious reality condemning as heretics and agitators those who cannot abide the same."

Yet here is the thing, if you " finally grow sick of the hype and the banal predictability of a merely phraseological Christianity," in favor of a "deeper reality of faith and relationship, counting the cost and increasingly taking on the visage of pilgrim, stranger and sojourner in the earth," you wont care if you are ejected or rejected by men......bro Frank

2015/12/6 0:45

Re:

Jesus was persecuted. They said, Jesus had a demon, they chastised Him for not dancing to their music or mourning their dirge. He was not a man pleaser and therefore had no fear of man. He loved His Father and His Father's will.

John 8:29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; FOR I DO ALWAYS THOSE THINGS THAT PLEASE HIM.

We can't "do always those things that please Him", if we fear men and seek their approval.

Art held the same belief as Jesus and we can to.

2015/12/6 1:10
docs

Re: Critiquing the Visions of the Last Days - Art Katz

I don't want to get too far out of my league here but I sometimes get the feeling that even the last days and the events therein are, at times and from certain quarters, glossed and smoothed over a bit as far as the solemnity of the catastrophic events willl be. The age will not end on a high note for rebelling mankind. It's not so much the events that are spoken of but the way they are spoken of and presented. Paul said perilous times will come and that word perilous is the same word used to describe the Gadarene demoniac. He was fierce/perilous (same word) and no man could tame him. So the end of the age will be a fierce and perilous time of unleased and unrestrained powers that no man came tame as the powers of the mystery of iniquity will be finally and fully manifested in a last vain attempt to overcome the mystery of godliness already fully manifested in Christ. In the link provided Brother Art takes a look at and critiques how these events are sometimes portrayed. He's passed now but his thoughts may still be relevant.

I read,

At this point the revelation ended. As for me, Daniel, my thoughts were greatly alarming me and my face grew pale, but I kept the matter to myself. (Daniel 7:28)

Now I, Daniel, saw the vision whiler the men who were with me did not see the vision; nevertheless, a great dread fell on them, and they ran away to hide themselves.

So I was left alone and saw this great vision; yet no strength was left in me, for my natural color turned to a deathly parlor and I retained no strength. (Daniel 10:7-8)

How can these things be discerned and presented in almost a causal manner at times versus the reaction the prophets had when given such revelation of the end of the age? So maybe Brother Art was on to something in his critique of a few years ago that still seems relevant. 'm not trying top be a big boy but just offer it as food for thought for your decision and discernment.

http://artkatzministries.org/articles/critiquing-the-visions-of-the-last-days/

2015/12/7 10:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy