SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : prayers for Nick Flynn

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
dohzman

btw

I will pray for him.

2005/5/20 12:42Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: btw

I will pray too. But i must say I agree with Dohzman. Were you saved while in this realationship or before you were involoved? Was he living for God at one time? Well, I assume its really none of my business but they are the questions that come to mind.

Quote:
All of us have the spirit of Christ in us ,if we believe it or not,and as soon as we pray in the Lord things get done....

What do you mean all of us? Us as in Christians? or Us as in everyone? I really dont mean to break the flow of this because I agree in praying for him, but there are just general questions that are coming to mind. Please don't see them as an attack at you, just concern and honest questions. I will be praying..

2005/5/20 13:31Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re: Please read this and consider your ways

Quote:
I hate to be the wet blanket here , but don't they preach against being unequally yoked over in England? Or what fellowship does light have with darkness? Sis you can do what you want with your life. But if you clearly walk contrary to the word of God you're walking in the flesh and not the Spirit and therefore you 'll reap accordingly. I don't mean to be hard or harsh ,I'm trying to be gentle, but let me give you this example. If I was to steal for a living, can I then go to God and ask Him to bless my livelyhood?He would not, not matter how successful I became in stealing. In the same way, you're asking God to bless or save your boyfriend and while I believe God will hear prayers for your boyfriend God cannot condone or approve of your relationship since its set against His word. Application of God's word is important, It's not the hears of the Word of God that are justified but the doers . You stay in this relationship and you'll have a rollercoaster ride of emotions and unless(and that's a big unless) God intervienes you end up with a broken heart and possibly years worth of damaged emotions, not to mention the feeling of having let Jesus Christ down. The mortal down side far out weighs any positives you might be experiencing in this relationship. Sorry sis, but that's the truth, please give it some prayerful thought. Bro. Daryl

what if staying in this relationship is in accordance to the will of God in order for the boyfriend to be saved? God maybe reaching out through her. at any rate the main thing is that whatever you do sis is whatever God wants you to do.

2005/5/22 0:44Profile
Spitfire

Re: prayers for Nick Flynn

Marina, do you live with Nick? Also, this statement,

Quote:
All of us have the spirit of Christ in us

, do you mean those who are born again, or all mankind? Just wondering. Dian.

2005/5/22 10:58Profile
dohzman

Re:

God is never contrary to His word. Sometimes we like to rationalize our way around the Word of God and say because it worked for so and so it'll work for me, but that's seldom the way it works out. Dear Ironman, on the day of the Lord's judgement are you prepared to give account for a word added or a word taken away? Be real careful before you advise against obedience to the clear written Word of God.

2005/5/22 14:29Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Dohzman
I agree God is never contrary to His word.i was saying that perhaps the purpose for our sister staying put at this time IS for this young man's salvation. and at the end of the day our sister here needs to be sure of what God would have her do. i didn't advise against disobedience.where did I say that she had to disobey? i simply said that she needed to be sure of what God wanted her to do.

what of married couples in a similar situation?

2005/5/22 18:59Profile
dohzman

Re:

Quote:
what if staying in this relationship is in accordance to the will of God in order for the boyfriend to be saved? God maybe reaching out through her. at any rate the main thing is that whatever you do sis is whatever God wants you to do.

Look again brother what you wrote? You implied that maybe God would make an exception. Never. If she's following Jesus she'll deny her self take up her cross and follow Jesus right out of that relationship. That action would be more true to scripture and the character of God and His pattern down through history.Rember only disciples are christians, the term disciple is used more often than christian in the NT. and also in the early church fathers writtings. In the case of marriage , we are instructed to remain in the state where the Lord finds us.

2005/5/22 21:57Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Bro Dohzman
i was asking the a question when i posted that and not adivising her. the only advice i gave was to be sure of what God would have her do.

2005/5/23 3:33Profile

Re: thanks guys

hi to all ... i have to answer alot so ill try my best,firstly yes i live with nick and i do not feel guilty in anyway because the Lord has already died for me , and i believe fully that it may look and sound like my actions are against christ but they are not,the Lord brought this wonderful human being in my life and he can take him away again at any time...my life was not put on this earth for me but for others and i have given my whole life to the Lord no matter what he has in store,it may be heart ache ,sadness ,pain,dissapointment ,this is the Lords way for me and its this life that will make me stronger for him to live his life through ,if i was a strong human being who wanted to do things their way ,nothing would get done,the Lord is the only way.
secondley back to the staying with nick thing....didnt Jesus hang out with the ones that needed saving?if the lord has already saved someone do you think he thinks more of that person then the one which is not saved? Jesus died for ALL not just a couple of us.... Nick is the lamb slaned for me and he is bringing me closer to knowing who i really am!The only time people cry out to the Lord is when things are not going right for them AMEN .
if you read galations 2:20 with your spirit and let the Lord reveal these words to you ,you may understand more of who we all really are.... alot of people on this site are living in their feelings but GOD is not just a feeling he is the way and if he his the way,why do we need feelings they are false sences that the Lord gave us to meet him and we have him we need to trust him more then our feelings....
i do have times when i have asked GOD is this what you want?and he replies with the same thing YES .... he has chosen Nick to push me to know the Lord and he has chosen me for Nick to save him and i know that the Lord works in ways that we cannot understand and i do not question him because these are his ways not mine....
Also the bit about we all have the spirit of Christ in us ,as soon as we lay our life down for the lord he ENTERS us AMEN....he doesnt just pop in now and again he his there for good,we cant get rid of him....people who have not yet recieved the Lord in their lives i believe God has a safety net for them ,do you know anyone on their death beds that have not cryed out to the LORD before they die?I dont!
The Lord made satan for his purpose,to push everybody to their limits,i do not praise satan for the nasty things he does because its the Lord who has told him to do this,so i thank and praise the Lord for ALL that happens ....alot of people will say"look what satan has done,why didnt God stop him" you might as well give satan a big gold medal!....Give thanks in ALL things for THIS IS THE WILL OF GOD !!so if im in the wrong relationship the Lord will sort it out....
im happy my spirit is full of Christ and thats all that matters and if i can grab some others on the way AMEN .... my feelings are still playing a big part of my life because i am not fully grown in him [even though i am and i dont relise it]......GOD is the only one at work here!!!AMEN [im glad its not my work hee hee ;-) ]i hope ive cleared some things up and if there are other things on ya mines please let me know......... Big Love To All x x x x x x 8-)
ps I dont go to church because i am the church..........x

2005/5/23 5:13
Spitfire

Re:

I went to see the new Star Wars movie last night. The spiritual parallels in this movie really struck me. The biggest thing that impacted me was how Anakin's love for the woman caused him to err. He desired the human relationship above knowing God in vital reality. Oh, how common this is! Sister Marina, I have been in your situation. There is No Way that it is God's will for you to be living with this man unmarried. It is just not God's way. Nowhere in the scripture will you find support for this way of thinking. Don't kid yourself. Perhaps God will do a work in both of you if you separate from this living arrangement and seek to align yourself with God's word.Please don't leave here because of my comments. I'm only speaking from experience. I don't have time right now to share all that I have on this, but I'll come back to this later. Love you, Sis. Will be praying for you. Dian.

2005/5/23 6:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy