SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Paris attacks: ISIS claims responsibility for gunfire, blasts that killed 128 people

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: really?

Hi Neil,

Quote:

what is inappropriate about that statement of fact?, for almost 70 years, Jews living in Israel have had to contend DAILY with what happened last night in Paris....and much much worse. so i'm at loss why you deemed such as "inappropriate".

and if we want to cast about what is "ungodly" on the this forum's discourse......I could forespeak very clearly on that matter.....but there is little profit.

In a class in college (a few years after 9/11), our professor discussed "prevention" policy as it relates to preventing terrorism on American soil. We were told to come up with hypothetical ways in which terrorists could wreak havoc and how to prevent those things from happening.

Most of the students in the class came up with "big" terrorist acts that mirrored 9/11 -- from hijacking planes and flying them into stadiums to detonating dirty bombs in U.S. cities. Most of the students created anti-terrorist policies that resembled the Patriot Act or international intelligence and monitoring of radioactive material.

My ideas differed quite a bit from the rest of the class. I explained that terrorists probably cannot readily repeat a 9/11 style attack on U.S. soil. There are so many homeland security measures at airports and major venues that most of these hypothetical acts are improbable or impracticable (or could be detected through existing intelligence operations).

Rather, I explained that terrorists hope to further their causes by disrupting American life and economy. I pointed at terrorist acts in Israel as an anecdote of what terrorism looks like on a weekly basis. America is a free society. Consequently, America is filled with "soft targets" -- places that can be filled with horror in a moment through acts of violence.

I pointed out places that fill up with people on a daily or weekly basis. I pointed at churches, synagogues, schools, colleges, restaurants, hospitals, movie theaters, shopping centers, grocery stores, concerts, parades, sporting events, work places, airports, passenger trains and other places where Americans congregate in relatively large numbers. I proposed that a coordinated set of simultaneous terrorist acts at these "soft targets" could create a maximum amount of terror and cause Americans to stay home and away from stores, jobs, restaurants, etc.

To counter those measures, I pointed that American immigration policy should be strengthened to be clear and uniformly applied to prevent groups, guns and jihadists from entering the borders. Moreover, I suggested that steps be taken to verify identity and legal residency with each major use of identification (e.g., traffic stops, voting, rent, job seeking, loans, etc.).

Since then, we have witnessed shootings or attempted shootings in schools, movie theaters and workplaces. However, these have been isolated events and not coordinated by jihadists (with the possible exception of shootings at bases and a military recruiting office). While we can be thankful that it has been fewer acts of violence, these events have shown that acts of violence like this could be easily perpetrated against Americans at "soft targets."

Like you said, this happens every week in Israel. Law enforcement and intelligence agencies in Israel take steps to stop it -- but it still happens on a weekly (or even daily) basis. I'm concerned that such things could easily happen in the loosely controlled borders and rampant identity theft within the United States. I have a neighbor who is an illegal immigrant from Central America. He has been arrested for several crimes (i.e., two hit and runs, identity theft and vehicular theft) and he has been deported twice over the last few years but returns within a week or two.

Oddly enough, I have seen several comparisons between Islamic fundamentalists and hate-filled groups like Westboro Baptist Church. The difference, I think, is that the Westboro cult, as hateful and vile as they might be, don't actually kill people. Moreover, they are so fractional of a representation of Christianity (about 90-120 members who fly around America with their silly demonstrations) versus the 350 Million Muslim fundamentalists who take a very literal interpretation of Islam to the point of believing that violence is an acceptable form of furthering the interests of Islam.

I am not sure how Islam plays in Biblical prophecy. I have read things that try to indicate the role that the writer feels that Islam will play in the last days; however, I just can't guess with any sort of certainty the role that Islam will play. I sort of think that the Antichrist will either try to merge religions together under a single false messiah or Islam will largely diminish in terms of fundamental adherence by the time the Antichrist takes control. Then again, the Antichrist might gain power by destroying forces of Islam that threaten Israel. These, of course, are little more than conjecture. I know that it is unpopular among some believers, but I do believe that the modern state of Israel is a central player in Biblical prophecy.

Alas, the day has left me with simple prayers that many people affected by these terrorists acts will turn to Christ. The real enemy, after all, is not Islamic fundamentalists but "against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places" (Ephesians 6:12).

2015/11/14 23:48Profile

Hi Christoper

(Chris, though you cannot "hear" my voice, be assured that is calm, measured, and NON adversarial. YOU I will discourse with, and though some of what I write might seem, on the surface "adversarial", they are only operational disagreements, and NOT a "slam" on you. Though it might SEEM this post is written "in the flesh", or of and in the "world", God gave me a skill, a "gift" at a very early age, which can be a blessing and a curse, so let unspool, what I have to share with you..okay?....)

this will be a two part post, because right now, its zero dark hundred....I awoke at midnight, and have MANY house chores to do, so I will just share a few things with you now, because you wrote this:

" I know that it is unpopular among some believers, but I do believe that the modern state of Israel is a central player in Biblical prophecy."

as we might have discussed before, you are aware that I probably am the youngest person to go thru the DoD's DLI school, in the Korean language, and the youngest to hold a TS/Codeword clearance.

After several years, probably the most tense years in Korea, since the war, this would be during President Carters tenure, you are well aware, he made a decision, later reversed, thru our "product" delivered daily to the President. The prior decision he made was to withdrawal the last combat division on the Korean peninsula, the 2nd ID, which was precisely the wrong message to give the DPRK. My last year, I was sent back the base to in Maryland, that sits aside an alphabet agency I wont name, but I know you know.

This was 1980, and without detail, let me just say, I did not appreciate either the "culture" there, nor what was happening "under the covers"....that's all i'll say, so when my four years were up, I took my honorable discharge. Since the age of 7, it had been in my heart to emigrate to Israel anyway, i'll get into that into later.

Within the American defense/intel establishment there are only three men I have any respect and admiration for; Colin Powell (who fell on the grenade at the UN when ordered to by POTUS) Admiral "Fox" Fallon (google fallon esquire, and read the first entry, the Admiral was once CENTCOM CO) and Richard Clarke, who was the only high ranking official to apologize PUBLICALLY for the failure of the "community" to stop the attacks on 11 Sep 2001...such abasement is what a REAL MAN does..

now I want to link you to an interview Richard Clarke gave to a pair of youthful alt media journalists about some of the events on 11 Sep 2001, this is NO "conspiracy" theory, its just the CounterTerr head at the WH, telling what he knew and what he didn't know, Dick Clarke served under 4 presidents, both Dem/Repub as you know (brother Greg, i'm not trying to be rebellious, I just want Chris to see this, when he does, I will be happy to excise it...there is nothing untoward IN the clip, just some truth about what this leader knew and didn't know)
only 14,000 people have seen this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzP9YJpBubk

as far as your in class thesis, you are more correct than you know. I want to buy a fictional book, "Day of Wrath", about an attack the author spools out that is absolutely horrendous, it will buttress EXACTLY your thesis.

the ONLY comfort is this; the arabs don't have the operational capability to pull off a LARGE scale coordinated attack as posited in this tome, if they did, the tragic events in Paris would be 10 times greater....or after 9/11, if it was as advertised, they would have had B, C, D, E, F attacks already to go. One doesn't play chess only one move ahead, you think 6 moves forward, obviously they don't

and lastly this morning, rent or purchase the film "Body of Lies" (2009) This film is the closet you will come to what really happens in the ME...its not boring, its quite illuminating.....youtube the trailer, trust me though, you will WANT to see this.

i'm weary and next post i'll testify where God has told me this all is leading to, which is about two steps away from global war.

God love you richly, neil

2015/11/15 5:00

Re: Prayer for those in Paris

Father my heart grieves over this tragedy that took place in Paris. Blessed God I pray your comfort to be upon those that have lost loved ones and friends in these attacks. I pray that in the midst of this tragedy those who do not know Jesus will find him. I pray that they will find the comfort that He offers in the midst of trials. Father I pray that as a result of this tragedy there will be a mighty prayer movement that will awaken in France. I pray dear God for revival to come about in that nation because of this tragedy. Father I pray that out of tragedy you bring the triumph of Christ over Paris and over France. Awaken your faith bride remnant in France to cry out for souls in their nation. Our God and King we await to hear your report of souls coming to the Lord Jesus Christ because of this prayer. For I ask this in Jesus name. Amen.

2015/11/15 7:22

Re:

Good post Chris, you write..........

"I am not sure how Islam plays in Biblical prophecy. I have read things that try to indicate the role that the writer feels that Islam will play in the last days; however, I just can't guess with any sort of certainty the role that Islam will play. I sort of think that the Antichrist will either try to merge religions together under a single false messiah or Islam will largely diminish in terms of fundamental adherence by the time the Antichrist takes control. Then again, the Antichrist might gain power by destroying forces of Islam that threaten Israel. These, of course, are little more than conjecture. I know that it is unpopular among some believers, but I do believe that the modern state of Israel is a central player in Biblical prophecy."

Chris, I believe two of your conjectures to be true. I see the emergence already of the great whore church where all three monotheistic religions combine. Islam, Christianity and Judaism. When that happens I believe all " fundamentalists," will be crushed. The real target will be genuine saints, but under the auspices of the anti-christ fundamentalism will be crushed and the world will cheer as " peace," is restored to a chaotic world. The leaders of these three religions will point out to the world that they actually have one common God and one founding father, Abraham. We are already headed there slowly and surely, yet some kind of cataclysmic event or events could get us there quicker, but the most important part is already in place, the mindset of the people............bro Frank

2015/11/15 10:51
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Hi Christoper

Thanks, Neil. I did not find your post adversarial at all.

The Lord bless and keep you.

2015/11/15 16:22Profile
burn4Him

Michigan

Re: Hi Christoper

Concerning our own anticipation of what may come, this site's current featured message is a timely word. May Christ prepare His church to face the coming storms in a manner which portrays Him.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=12155&commentView=itemComments

Tell the daughter of Zion,
‘Behold, your King is coming to you,
Lowly, and sitting on a donkey,
A colt, the foal of a donkey.’”
“Hosanna to the Son of David!
‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’
Hosanna in the highest!”

2015/11/15 20:45Profile
docs

It seems like

It seems to me all this jihadism is an early manifestation of the fourth and final beast of Daniel's prophecies - this beast "different from all the beasts that were before it" will be dreadful and terrifying and extrememly strong and it will devour and crush and trample many under its feet. (Daniel 7:7) Even now the spirit of the little horn seeks to pluck up and destroy with nor regard for life or conscience. It's gonna be a hard road I think.

Nothing but prayer for those in Paris.

2015/11/15 21:32Profile

Re:

Christopher wrote: "The real enemy, after all, is not Islamic fundamentalists but "against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places" (Ephesians 6:12). "

Good biblical point!
In 1 John 5:19 we read: "and that the whole world lies in the power of the evil one."
Matthew Henry writes:
"All mankind are divided into two parties or dominions; that which belongs to God, and that which belongs to the wicked one. True believers belong to God: they are of God, and from him, and to him, and for him; while the rest, by far the greater number, are in the power of the wicked one; they do his works, and support his cause This general declaration includes all unbelievers, whatever their profession, station, or situation, or by whatever name they may be called

Happy are those to whom it is given to know that the Son of God is come, and to have a heart to trust in and rely on him that is true!
To this living and true God, be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen."

May we not stop to pray that many more people experience the only answer, Jesus the Son of the living God, the Light of the world in these dark days.

2015/11/16 0:03

Re: The Rise of Islam.......

I do agree that our enemy is the devil. And he will use any number of avenues to wreak his evil upon the world. But at the risk of being accused of Islamophobia. I must wonder about the rise of Islam particularly in Europe.

I recently watched a YouTube video which shows the declining birth rates of the traditional European population. And the rise of Islam through immigration. Bear in mind this video was put out about 5 or 6 years ago. Even then the information was quite disturbing. Muslim leaders in the Middle East were making statements that Europe would be considered and Islamic continent somewhere around 2050.

Bearin mind now the current immigration crisis coming out of Syria and Iraq. As well as from other Middle Eastern countries. It is estimated that by the end of 2016 the number of Muslim refugees will reach well over 1 million. Another thing to note most of the refugees coming into Europe are not families. But they are men.

There are concerns that ISIS is embedding jihadists among the refugees. Given what has happened in Paris one begins to wonder.

YouTube videos show Muslim men who came to Germany as refugees running through the streets of various communities. They shout slogans such as give us money. And we will impregnate your women. Again one begins to wonder.

The declining rates of traditional populations are not just confined to Europe. But even here in North America. It 1970 it was estimated that there were only a few hundred thousand Muslims. By 2015 the number has risen to I believe over 9 million. Again I could be off on these figures. But demographers have shone through statistical models that Muslims will become the dominant population in America by around 2050 if not earlier.

It could be argued that Muslims are immigrating to Europe and America for a better life. Several years ago this might have been true. But now the Islamic agenda may have a motive of conquest. But not necessarily conquest through force. But conquest through increased birth rates to take over a nation or continent.

In times past I would have dismissed this as a conservative right wing plot. But statistical models born out by recent events would suggest that Islam has an agenda of world domination.

I do not know how specifically Islam will play into the end time events. But I do not believe that we can discount the rising tide of Islam and not say it will not have a significant place to play in the close out of redemptive history.

Simply my thoughts from the bear cave on a rainy fall morning.

Bearmaster.

2015/11/16 8:03
submitted1

Grants Pass, OR

Re:

Hi Christopher,

Just a short comment or thought on this statement you made.

"I pointed out places that fill up with people on a daily or weekly basis. I pointed at churches, synagogues, schools, colleges, restaurants, hospitals, movie theaters, shopping centers, grocery stores, concerts, parades, sporting events, work places, airports, passenger trains and other places where Americans congregate in relatively large numbers. I proposed that a coordinated set of simultaneous terrorist acts at these "soft targets" could create a maximum amount of terror and cause Americans to stay home and away from stores, jobs, restaurants, etc.

To counter those measures, I pointed that American immigration policy should be strengthened to be clear and uniformly applied to prevent groups, guns and jihadists from entering the borders. Moreover, I suggested that steps be taken to verify identity and legal residency with each major use of identification (e.g., traffic stops, voting, rent, job seeking, loans, etc.). "

As I read your post I found my mind drawn to the last days and what we should expect. Of course there are many thoughts on this but I would like to share this one.

As I read this portion I was thinking of the mark of the beast and the total control of the people that would come with that. Needing a quick and ‘secure’ way of identifying large groups of people say in to a stadium or other facility something more than a card or papers, which can be either stolen or counterfeited , would be needed. One of the first thing mentioned in France after this tragedy was for the people to make sure their ID documents were safe.

We know the Lord is in true control in these matters to work His will. This all must in some way come to pass, if it’s not Islam then who or what?

As you stated in the end of your post though; Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Thanks
Submitted1

2015/11/16 15:58Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy