SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Prepare For Persecution: A Message From Billy Graham

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Prepare For Persecution: A Message From Billy Graham

This article was originally written in 1957, but the words ring true today.

In the event of a national catastrophe, much confusion, terror and consternation would reign. What would the Christian do? What should our attitude be? Which way would we turn if the country in which we live were suddenly wrecked and all the props gone?

As a whole, our nation does not know what privation is. We do not know what sacrifice is. We do not know what suffering is. Suppose persecution were to come to the church in America, as it has come in other countries.

The immunity to persecution that Christians in our country have experienced in the past two or three centuries is unusual. Christ strongly warned Christians that to follow Him would not be popular, and that in most circumstances it would mean cross-bearing and persecution.

The Bible says that all who “desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution” (2 Timothy 3:12). Jesus said that as the time of His return draws nigh, “They will lay their hands on you and persecute you” (Luke 21:12). We have no scriptural foundation for believing that we can forever escape being persecuted for Christ’s sake. The normal condition for Christians is that we should suffer persecution. Are you willing to face persecution and death for Christ’s sake?

What Would You Do?
Since we have experienced little religious persecution in this country, it is likely that under pressure many would deny Christ. Those who shout the loudest about their faith may surrender soonest. Many who boast of being courageous would be cowardly. Many who say, “Though all others deny Christ, yet I will never deny Him,” would be the first to warm their hands at the campfires of the enemy.

Jesus, in speaking of the last times, warned, “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake” (Matthew 24:9). The Scripture says, “because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold” (Matthew 24:12).

The Apostle Paul, referring to the coming evil day, said, “Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand” (Ephesians 6:13).

Here are five ways to fortify yourself so that you will be able to stand in that day.

read more: http://billygraham.org/decision-magazine/november-2015/prepare-for-persecution-a-message-from-billy-graham/

2015/11/7 1:07Profile

Re: Prepare For Persecution: A Message From Billy Graham

The type of people that persecuted Jesus the most are the people that said they loved God and proclaimed Him as their Father. These are the people that are most likely to persecute true followers of God and other people and we see that this is exactly what has been done, down through the ages right up until this present day. And they do it in the Lord's name.

John 15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

The same ones that deceive will be those who persecute.

Matt 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Luke 21:16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.

The false Christ and false church always harness the secular powers to do their dirty work.

Rev 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

Don't look to the secular world but rather to the religious world. Better still, come out of that which seems to be of Christ but is not. And most of all, make sure you are of Christ.

2Cor 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

2015/11/7 7:24

Re: Prepare For Persecution: A Message From Billy Graham

"The Apostle Paul, referring to the coming evil day, said, “Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand” (Ephesians 6:13)."

This is what the Lord has burned into my spirit and bones. The phrase " stand fast," is what I have been using to end many of the words the Lord has given me lately. I believe our calling in the last days is to simply stand fast and there will be nothing simple about it. When persecution comes everything will be stripped away, and the process has already begun. It wont be about ministries and reputations and theologies, it will be about loving God and loving His Word and being willing to stand upon it, willing to live it and willing to die for it. When the winds of religious and secular persecution come together, it creates a perfect storm for genuine saints. Who will stand when the only hiding place is Christ and Him alone? I believe many will.

The same Spirit that burned in the heart of Stephen, the apostles and the martyrs down through the ages burns in the heart of every genuine saint. What separates us from the saints of the last two thousand years? Nothing! We are one Body. The only thing that differentiates us from them is circumstances and opportunity. It is not because they were special or we are special its because of the Spirit of God and the overcoming Christ. The winds of persecution that are now beginning to blow will fan the flames of the refining fires.

But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap: And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness. (Mal 3:2-3)

The same Spirit that burned in the hearts of the the three Hebrew children burns in the hearts of genuine saints. That Spirit gave those children the courage to say that even if they die in the fire prepared for them they would never bow down to the gods of this world. And who did they meet in the very midst of the fire? Jesus. And what did the world, represented by the king acknowledge when they emerged from the fire? "There is no other God that can deliver after this sort."

The wheat indeed shall be separated from the tares and that by fire. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. (Mat 24:10-14)

God is preparing his witnesses/martyrs so that the world will see and know, and then the end shall come.......bro Frank

2015/11/7 8:30

Re:

Amen, Frank.

Who will continue to stand when the things we trust in that we think are of God are stripped away? God is faithful to remove the things in our life that can be shaken.

Hebrews 12:26-28

Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven. And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

Grace is available for us to stand if we humbly let go of the things that the Lord is "shaking" away.

Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

2015/11/7 8:42

Re:

A few weeks ago 11 precious saints were martyred by ISIS. They were part of a ministry team. The team leader begged them to leave the region. But the members of this team said we must stay and minister the gospel. The team leader respected their decision but prayed intensely for them out of a greiving heart. For he knew or what would happen to them.

ISIS did invade the area. The members of this team were found. I will spare you the horrendous tortures and maertyrdom they went through.

But one thing to note. As ISIS was brutally beheading some of the brothers they were imploring their persecutors to come to Christ. Each of them died with the name of Jesus on their lips. One report says as a sister was being brutally raped by an ISIS member. She kept saying I forgive you in the name of Jesus Christ. She kept implitmring her rapist to come to Christ.

My brothers and sisters I ask you who got the victory that day. Was it the evil one who had martyr these precious saints? Or was it Jesus who triumph over the enemy through the love of the slain Saints for their enemies? I think we all know the answer to that question. For all we have to do is look at the Lamb of God who was slain on the cross for us. For He said Father forgive them for they know not what they do. Ultimately this is the triumph of the persecuted church. This is the face of the saint that will overcome the evil one Indian times.

2015/11/7 8:45

Re:

Last winter 21 believers were martyred for their faith in Christ in Libya. These precious saints died with one name on their lips. In Arabic they call that name Isa. We call Him Jesus. At the moment of their death it made no difference what the belief system of these saints were. For in their hearts only name that mattered was Jesus.

2015/11/7 8:53

Re:

Quote:
by bearmaster on 2015/11/7 8:45:21

A few weeks ago 11 precious saints were martyred by ISIS. They were part of a ministry team. The team leader begged them to leave the region. But the members of this team said we must stay and minister the gospel. The team leader respected their decision but prayed intensely for them out of a greiving heart. For he knew or what would happen to them.

ISIS did invade the area. The members of this team were found. I will spare you the horrendous tortures and maertyrdom they went through.

But one thing to note. As ISIS was brutally beheading some of the brothers they were imploring their persecutors to come to Christ. Each of them died with the name of Jesus on their lips. One report says as a sister was being brutally raped by an ISIS member. She kept saying I forgive you in the name of Jesus Christ. She kept implitmring her rapist to come to Christ.

My brothers and sisters I ask you who got the victory that day. Was it the evil one who had martyr these precious saints? Or was it Jesus who triumph over the enemy through the love of the slain Saints for their enemies? I think we all know the answer to that question. For all we have to do is look at the Lamb of God who was slain on the cross for us. For He said Father forgive them for they know not what they do. Ultimately this is the triumph of the persecuted church. This is the face of the saint that will overcome the evil one Indian times.

Amen.

Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

2015/11/7 9:08
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

The Bear is back! God is good! :-)

2015/11/7 9:27Profile

Re:

Hey Bill bro. Brother good to be back.

2015/11/7 12:27
Jasmine

Re:

9 precious saints were gunned down in their church during a bible study in Charleston South Carolina this last past June. I guess the only difference in the persecution that is to come is that it will be for everybody who is naming the name of Christ...

2015/11/7 15:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy