SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Jews and is Israel in the New Testament? Do They Still Have a Covenant with God? ABSOLUTELY YES

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

For me personally is all so sad. I grew up believing the word of God, and that it was the truth, I struggle as it is because I'm was gifted with more common sense than book sense. I struggled in school, but I could build you a space ship if you gave me the parts. I don't know if the folks in the battle here, even realize how much confusion these recent threads have caused for me or maybe others, or if pushing their their agenda is so important, they have completely overlooked the confusion they may be causing. Some may say well Bill, pass these threads up don't read them, but I come here to learn to soak up all I can, because I want to know all I can about God and what he's done in the past, and his plans for the future according to his word.

I pray one day we can all come here with humble hearts, and just set and read the promises we have for our hope in Christ. You know all this back and forth, has me wondering, who is God and who is Jesus, and if they both live, why do I suffer in a place were folks come to grasp every drop of knowledge they can, and cry out to him to help them understand this knowledge. Lord have I been a member here in vain? Lord you said confusion is not from you, are you not here Lord? because I personally am confused now for the first time in my life in my walk with you. Lord I have let this confusion murky my thoughts of what really is the truth, I am sorry lord, I've always said I was sold out to Christ, please don't let these words I read take me away from you. Lord you know all I been through in the past 5 years, your all I have to hold on to. Please Lord! shout it out in my spirit, have I been right all along? if not please let me know were I go from here.
I Love You Lord!
Mr. Bill

2015/11/1 10:39Profile

Re:

Bill,

Crusader says he is learning and hopes the threads don't get shut down because of invectives. There is a lot to learn if we keep the agenda the word of God. I have learned a ton from this dialogue. I think JFW, TMK, Oracio, Proudpapa papa and others would say the same thing. Let's just keep the emotion out of it. The debate between Stephen Sizer and Calvin Smith was a good example of talking about a potentially controversially subject, yet maintaining Christian love. Good will was exhibited on both sides.

2015/11/1 11:05
savannah

Re: Jesus is the true Israel

When Jesus was on the Cross, He alone was "Israel" (He was the first to replace them). No one else at that particular time, was the true Israel of God except Jesus Christ.

http://subspla.sh/c98154a

2015/11/1 12:08Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Amen Julius.

Brother Bill, I’ll try to briefly share what for me is the bottom line on this topic. For several years I held to a Pre-trib, Premilliennial view of the rapture as I attended a Calvary Chapel and was taught that that is the clear teaching of the Bible and that disagreement with that view was serious enough for one not to be welcome in that denomination.

But then I began thinking for myself and began prayerfully considering other end-times views held among other Christians and denominations. And after a certain amount of research I became convinced of the Pre-wrath view of the rapture, still holding to a Premillennial view of the Millennium.

But then I also began to prayerfully consider other views held among different Christians and denominations concerning the Millennium of Rev. 20. And after prayerfully considering different views and certain pertinent Scriptures I became convinced that the Amillennial position was the most consistent with the overall teaching of God’s Word. And in the process I looked into the issue of ethnic Israel’s role in God’s plan since one’s Millennial view affects one’s view on Israel. Likewise I was convinced that the “unpopular” view on that topic that has been shared here as of late in these different threads is the view that is the most consistent with the overall teaching of the Scriptures.

So the bottom line for me on this is that when it comes to these types of topics we must be willing to think for ourselves as opposed to simply going by what we’ve been taught within certain Christian circles.

And we must understand that this issue is “non-salvific” (non-essential to salvation) so there is no need for outright division among Christians over it. I have Christian friends who are Dispensational and we get along just fine and do street ministry together despite knowing that we disagree on this topic. This topic can and should be discussed in a civil manner among Christians who disagree, knowing that iron sharpens iron and good and necessary balance can be acquired through these types of discussions if we go about it in the right spirit.

2015/11/1 12:46Profile

Re:

"Everything you stated is true.
However that does not negate God's promises and dealings with national and
ethnic Israel. This is what replacement theology does. It is satanic not because I say so but look at the fruit it has produced. This twisting of the scriptures has been used by satan as an excuse to persecute and kill millions upon millions of Jews throughout the ages. The fruit of this theology is utterly evil. It cannot be true because its end result is rotten to the core.
The Jewish people are part of God's ultimate plan, He will graft them back in and in the way he chooses, Now that is good fruit. He is God after all and NOTHING will stop him from fulfilling his covenant with them as with us who are in Christ. . Romans 11 would help."

Great post Rev. Keep up the good work , satan cannot defeat
the work of the Lord Jesus Christ.

2015/11/1 13:00

Re:

Good Lord! Sigh...

2015/11/1 13:06
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
I pray one day we can all come here with humble hearts, and just set and read the promises we have for our hope in Christ. You know all this back and forth, has me wondering, who is God and who is Jesus, and if they both live, why do I suffer in a place were folks come to grasp every drop of knowledge they can, and cry out to him to help them understand this knowledge. Lord have I been a member here in vain? Lord you said confusion is not from you, are you not here Lord? because I personally am confused now for the first time in my life in my walk with you. Lord I have let this confusion murky my thoughts of what really is the truth, I am sorry lord, I've always said I was sold out to Christ, please don't let these words I read take me away from you. Lord you know all I been through in the past 5 years, your all I have to hold on to. Please Lord! shout it out in my spirit, have I been right all along? if not please let me know were I go from here.
I Love You Lord!

I hope that everyone here will read Bill's post carefully.

Bill, I just want to encourage you to keep your heart with all diligence, don't let these things rob you of your joy in the Lord.

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:2)

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:
(Isaiah 26:3-4)

2015/11/1 14:45Profile

Re:

Oracio, ProudPapa, Roadsign, anyone else, I propose we stop discussing this subject on SI. We have explained we are not siding with any extreme views and don't hate jews, but I don't think it has been received or believed. I have serious concerns about the implications of both extreme views and would like to continue to work through them. I am not trying to convince anyone of anything, I just want to be able to discuss the Scriptures regarding both views.

If you know of a safe place (tolerant) to work through this issue and discuss the scriptures, please write me. We could also just discuss through email if there is no other place to discuss without accusations. I have no desire to hurt Bill or anyone else so this is my last word on the subject here on SI.

May the Lord continue to bless everyone and may we all continue to pray for peace in the Middle East.

[email protected]

2015/11/1 15:51
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
Oracio, ProudPapa, Roadsign, anyone else, I propose we stop discussing this subject on SI.

I cannot accept this direction!!! Debate can be an effective tool to sharpen ourselves and one another. It's far better to develop good debating skills than shut it down all together. The challenge is to learn how to stick to the topic and not make the person the issue.
And when comments are directed personally - then we simply need to call it for what it is, and move on. It happens. Learn to work with it with grace.
Why shut it down???

PS A forum like this thrives best on debate. Those are the threads that seem to stay alive. So if we don't learn the tools of debate, we'll merely end up with a lot of lock downs - of threads that get little discussion.

Diane

2015/11/1 16:29Profile

Re:

Brother/Sister notdarkyet

Its not dark yet but it's getting there.
Its so sad to see the willful deception and blindness displayed
by so many in religion. The Lord Bless you abundantly

2015/11/1 16:30

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy