Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Maintaining persistent longing for Him

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Maintaining persistent longing for Him

"...After these many years of pursuing the Lord, I understand the critical challenge is to maintain persistent longing for Him. Perpetual spiritual thirst is the preeminent issue for abiding in Christ. This is precisely where our weak flesh, the devil’s attacks, and the world’s distractions storm against us to prevent us from close fellowship with our Savior. Jesus warned about this.
Need, asking, and trust are key directives for us. People came to Jesus because they had a need, they came asking because only He could help them, and they approached Him because they trusted Him. So we can do the same. We can come to Him in prayer humbly admitting the coldness (or lukewarmness) of our heart; we can ask Him to stir us up and refresh us with new desire for Him; and we can confidently expect Him to do it. Often I ask our faithful Lord to stir, refresh, and deepen my desire for Him. And He does as I give myself to seek Him.
Desiring Him most above all else is absolutely essential to living in His overflowing fullness."

JRW

2015/10/15 0:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy