SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Pray for People Group: Gujjar Peole in India and Pakistan

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Pray for People Group: Gujjar Peole in India and Pakistan

Gujjar People in India and Pakistan
Oct 12, 2015 01:00 am
Today's Devotional

Psalm 142:7, NET "Free me from prison, that I may give thanks to Your Name. Because of me the godly will assemble, for You will vindicate me."

Everyone who does not have freedom in Christ is in a spiritual prison with no chance for redemption apart from Him. That is why we pray for the unreached people groups like the Gujjar people! We are praying for them to be spiritually released.

Pray for spiritual freedom for the Gujjar people. Pray that they will seek to escape the clutches of Satan by fleeing to the Savior.—KC

Today's People Group

There are at least four places named after the Gujjar people! These semi-nomadic goat herders are scattered not only in Punjab Province, but also in India and Afghanistan. Their lives are marked by poverty and illiteracy. Higher castes look down upon them and unfairly mislabel them as homeless drifters. They are often feared by other peoples in the region. As you can see from the photo, even their girls can look intimidating!
The Gujjars who live in mountain forests raise buffalo. They are, unfortunately, limited by government regulations on the number of buffalo they can keep. Their income also suffers from government limitations on how long they can remain in one area. Consequently, they are constantly in search of new pastures for their buffalo. It is obvious why these people suffer from poverty!
Gujjar parents continue to arrange marriages and pay a bride price when they marry off their daughters. After the wedding, the couple generally live close to the parents of the groom. Gujjars are mostly Muslims, yet many share Hindu customs and are rejected by traditional Muslims. Some of them in India are Hindu.

The small number of Gujjar believers face strong family opposition. Pray for God to send missionaries to live and work with the Gujjar people. Pray that God will encourage believers among the Gujjars and give them the motivation to speak out for Him to their own people.

Learn more at Joshua Project.

2015/10/13 10:08

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy