SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Strength Through Weakness

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DRS

Strength Through Weakness

Strength Through Weakness

"And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.(2Corinthians 12:9-10)

"Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content:I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."(Philippians 4:11-13)

"For when I am weak, then I am strong."
Man with his logic and worldly wisdom can never grasp or identify with this type of wisdom.It just doesn't make sense in the world we live in where personal power and pride and self-esteem is stressed so.

These are some very bold statements that Paul makes and they don't come from weakness or feeling sorry for himself.They come from his faith in God's strengths and realizing his own weaknesses.We can see the strengths of God manifested through Paul with these statements.I believe Paul had grown to his acceptance of these statements.We can see the progression."I have learned"."I know how"."I can do".These statements don't come from pride in Paul,but from his weaknesses being revealed and God's strengths working in and through him.
We don't just work up these kind of statements from within ourselves and mean them.They go against everything this human nature stands for.I believe we progress just like Paul did.So shouldn't we rejoice when God is revealing our weaknesses to us because He is also revealing His strengths?

“My grace is sufficient"

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Oh to have that settled in our minds constantly.That whatever comes our way good or bad we remain content.We need Him much more than He needs us.His strength,His power in and through us.

"Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness."(Colossians 1:11)

2015/10/12 8:40Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy