Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Urgent request from Kashmir

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
eagleswings

Connecticut, USA

Urgent request from Kashmir

Friends of Asia Harvest,
Our UK representative has released the following urgent prayer request. Many of you will be aware of the Asian Worker's Fund, through which we are able to support hundreds of Asian evangelists. The following information is about one of these coworkers, Nargis, a young Christian lady from Kashmir who converted from Islam.
Thank you for praying.
Paul Hattaway
www.asiaharvest.org

It's not very often we issue priority prayer updates to all our praying friends. Today however we ask that you join with us in interceding for one of our partners in Kashmir who has disappeared.

It's just a couple of months since I enjoyed the very best of Kashmiri hospitality in the home of Nargis (left) a converted Shia muslim. She is one of only a very few Kashmiri women who have come through for the Lord and who have been become so influential in the spread of the Good News in this severely restricted region. Most of the workers I met in Srinagar have had death threats against them. Sometimes they have had multiple threats. It is no easy mission in which they are involved. Earlier this week we heard that the pressure had been increased again as the Muslim mullahs (priests) had requested they move from their offices. Then we heard that they had been told to leave their own homes. This morning we were told that Nargis had been kidnapped. Please be in prayer for "Paul" the group leader, his family and the rest of the group in Kashmir.

Our friends have requested your prayers, saying "Nargis has not been traced as yet. The report has been lodged in the police and the team there is working in great difficulties. They are trying to locate her. The team is very tense. Kindly pray for them. Satan has been trying to disrupt the work. "Paul", whose preaching and lifestyle has been much used by the Lord among the tiny communities of believers, has also received some threats. These are serious threats. Kindly bring this matter before His throne in your personal prayers."
Nargis has been deeply involved in several ministries including translation work to produce children's Bible stories.

Asia Harvest
1903 60th Place
Suite M1204
Bradenton, FL 34203
U.S.A.

Tel: (877) 868-5025
Fax: (877) 868-5025
http://www.asiaharvest.org

2005/5/9 2:14Profile
Spitfire

Re: Urgent request from Kashmir

I will be praying for Nargis. Oh my! Do we really know the Gospel unless we are ready to die for it?

2005/5/9 6:17Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re: Urgent request from Kashmir

Quote:
Our friends have requested your prayers, saying "Nargis has not been traced as yet.

Will add my agreement in prayer.

2005/5/9 8:07Profile

Re:

They are in my prayers. Please keep us updated.
In His love, geraldine

2005/5/9 9:32

Re:

My Lord, My Jesus, My Savior, My All. Nothing is hidden from You oh God. You know all about these events surrounding Nargis. Lord, leave the 99 and rescue this one. Sweet Jesus we ask nothing for ourselves, but mercy for this young saint, and for anyone who may want to do Nargis harm. Cause them to realize that she is Yours oh Master of all. Make her so uncomfortable for them to be with that they release her for relief. Oh God ,nothing is impossible for You. Save her for your glory, oh God, in Jesus Holy Name we pray. Amen and amen.

2005/5/9 21:04
eagleswings

Connecticut, USA

Re: Update from Kashmir

Many people have emailed asking for an update since we sent out our urgent prayer request on May 9, asking for prayer for Nargis, the 22-year-old Kashmiri Christian lady who was kidnapped. We really appreciate the amount of fervent prayer that has resulted. As of today (May 23) there has not been a single piece of news regarding Nargis. It is though she vanished. Both our coworkers in Kashmir and the police are searching for her, but so far there have been no developments. Please continue to pray that no matter what results from this, the kingdom of God will advance among the Muslims in this needy part of the world, and many thousands will soon know Jesus Christ as Lord.

God bless you,
Asia Harvest

Asia Harvest
1903 60th Place
Suite M1204
Bradenton, FL 34203
U.S.A.

2005/5/23 17:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy