SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Financial Accountability Terminates Gospel for Asia’s Membership

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Koheleth

NC

Re: Financial Accountability Terminates Gospel for Asia’s Membership

Lysa, what is the intended purpose of this post? I have seen a few money-negative posts recently on SI and I am not sure that any benefit can come from airing this type of concern.

2015/10/5 19:43Profile

Re:

It is sad news indeed, but we know that many of the OT saints who have done mighty works failed at some point.
We need to pray, the Lord can even turn failures around and imo only "those without sin alone shall now cast the first stone "!

2015/10/5 19:46

Re:

Sad

2015/10/5 21:38
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
Koheleth asked:
Lysa, what is the intended purpose of this post? I have seen a few money-negative posts recently on SI and I am not sure that any benefit can come from airing this type of concern.

This is NOT a money-negative post, I aired this concern because I would want to know if I gave money and supported this ministry.

Koheleth, do you remember in 2 Samuel 16 where Shimei cursed David as he and his men rode by and one of the men wanted to cut off Shimei's head? David said, “What does this have to do with you, you sons of Zeruiah? If he is cursing because the Lord said to him, ‘Curse David,’ who can ask, ‘Why do you do this?’ ” 2 Samuel 16.10

Maybe the benefactor is K.P, and maybe through all this bad press stands God trying to get his attention. I don't know but I will pray for him, the Lord brought me back where I need to be and if He did it for me, He can do it for anyone!

God bless,
Lisa

2015/10/6 8:08Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Awhile back I read some of the stories of some who complained of GFA financial conduct, excess, dishonesty, etc. I don't know how true the complaints were nor what sort of heart they came from.

Financial supporters of GFA should prayerfully consider whether to continue giving to them. I trust the Lord to guide honest seekers of Himself. We know the old saying "where there is smoke, there is a fire". Well, yeah, but sometimes the fire is small and still generates a lot of smoke. From the outside, we just do not have adequate information on the size, source and nature of whatever fire or ember there may be in those decision makers' lives at GFA. It remains a matter of prayer and watchfulness in our own minds and spirits. It is important that in due diligence we not neglect the tendency within us to be critics, to mortify it so that any evil actually done is not multiplied.

Ministries like GFA can and have in very recent times repented and continued well after what would otherwise be ruinous actions by some leaders.

The witness in America of GFA is important, IMO. It represents, maybe, a unique call to support indigenous mission in the world's most populous and unreached area. The stark contrast of American avarice to the image of leanness in GFA that we have come to believe is worth protecting if it remains true. Let us be slow to react to reports that are not yet fully verified as we seek the wisdom and voice of God about GFA. The reports may well be true and I am not saying "stick our heads in sand for a while until we feel better". Watch and pray is all I am urging us to do.

2015/10/6 9:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy