SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events :  Laying Hands on Donald Trump for Presidency

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Laying Hands on Donald Trump for Presidency

Video Shows ‘Prosperity’ Preachers Kenneth Copeland, Paula White Laying Hands on Donald Trump for Presidency........

http://christiannews.net/2015/09/30/video-shows-prosperity-preachers-kenneth-copeland-paula-white-laying-hands-on-donald-trump-for-presidency/

Even David Jerimiah is there! Well, things are just going down hill fast! God help us!

2015/10/2 13:01Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Laying Hands on Donald Trump for Presidency

Dave-

I was wondering if you had any issues with the prayers themselves.

I didn't read anything overtly offensive; maybe a prosperity catch-phrase was tossed in.

In other words, if God chose to answer their prayers I think it would be a good thing.

2015/10/2 13:11Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Well apart from most of them being heretics, what are they doing endorsing a particular person and party for president using the name of Christ and think they can commsnd a blessing on him?

This is everything that is wrong with American religeous Christianity.

2015/10/2 13:27Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Yeah, I am queasy about it. I wouldn't call jentezen Franklin or David Jeremiah heretics, but the others probably so.

Why they are praying specifically for Trump, I have no idea.

Here are the prayers:

“Father, we just secure him right now by the blood of Jesus. We thank you that no weapon formed against him will be able to prosper and any tongue that rises against him will be condemned according to the word of God,” “Even as we lay hands on him right now, let Your hand be laid upon him. Let him have a greater encounter with You, a greater encounter with the spirit of God.”

“All the days of his life, let him live well,” she continued. “I secure him. I secure his children. I secure his calling and his mantle.”
---------
“[W]e ask you today to give this man your wisdom, boldly. Make sure and certain that he hears You. Manifest Yourself to him,” he prayed. “And we thank You and praise You for a bold man, a strong man and an obedient man.”

2015/10/2 14:16Profile

Re:

You have to be careful who you lay hands on and who you allow to lay hands on you.

1Tim_5:22 Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure.

2015/10/2 16:16
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Julius-

I believe 1 Tim. 5:22 refers to the ordination of ministers, and not doing so too hastily, so as to put someone in office who may not be qualified, and thereby partaking in their sins.

That being said, I do agree that we must be cautious in this area.

2015/10/2 17:25Profile

Re:

That is true and someone was a bit too hasty with those two.

(And, I would still not let them touch me)

2015/10/2 17:40

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy