SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : fellowship of believers

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
rainydaygirl

fellowship of believers

2 And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. 43 And awe[a] came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles. 44 And all who believed were together and had all things in common. 45 And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need. 46 And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, 47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved

Was there change or do we just settle and make excuses?

2015/9/29 23:19Profile

Re: fellowship of believers

rdg,

There was a "change". Not in the world, but in the Church. God will not abide excuses.

Unfortunately, Christianity has been classified under the category of religion and this is part and parcel because of the "great obfuscation" in play by the Adversary between the True Church and the False Church. People assume their own "religion" is harmless, holy and not applicable to being hijacked or being a counterfeit. Never would they think that or worse be an active player in it. ("Examine yourselves...2 Cor 13:5)

The False Church has emasculated the Gospel to the point that it no longer threatens any power structure in the world as it once did. The Church goes along to get along and does not engender hostility among "the Kings of the earth" (Psa 2:2) as it did in the first century. This is not because the world system has changed because indeed it has not, it is just as Anti-Christ as it has always been for "the whole world lieth in wickedness" and is an "enemy of God". (1 Jn 5:19, James 4:4)

No, the world has not changed, but the Church has and it is betraying the Gospel of Jesus Christ. In John's vision of Revelation given by Jesus, John sees the betrayal of the Gospel and it is traced to Satan's deceptions. This is why John describes the "Great Whore" as he does. He sees in his vision whoredom and adultery amongst Christians. John's symbols of parody are severe for a reason. He portrays the Church as a parody of a Prostitute and Babylon as the Church and the Beast as a Lamb. And the slaves of the Beast as a parody of the slaves of Christ. God is using this language to make people aware of their own apostasy. He used this kind of language in Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel.

Many do not understand that religion has nothing to do with the "New Creation". It is part of the old order of things.

Rev_18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

2015/9/30 9:30
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

This is a critical aspect of the NT church that we need to guard carefully. I think that a healthy fellowship will be marked by this kind of fellowship. I think we in America are very busy people, and not in a good way. We fill our lives with so many activities and pursuits. This kind of fellowship calls for a lifestyle change and diligence in making it happen. But, if we are to be what God has called us to be, this is critically important.

2015/9/30 9:54Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi Julius21

Good reply :) I agree whole heartedly

2015/9/30 10:09Profile

Re:

crusader,

The subterfuge is so crafty that we have to constantly examine ourselves to see if there are any areas in our life (heart) that have been caught in this web of religion falsely masquerading as "Christianity". We cannot see this without the illumination of the Holy Spirit.

The spiritual pride of man, and association with their respective group as having the truth becomes scales on our eyes. Blinded by our spiritual pride.

Job 41:15 His scales are his pride, shut up together as with a close seal.
Job 41:16 One is so near to another, that no air (truth) can come between them.
Job 41:17 They are joined one to another, they stick together, that they cannot be sundered.

The Lord will test our heart right down to our loyalties to our brothers, or a doctrine we love. Anything we love more than Him, will find us wanting.

2015/9/30 10:17
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

It is not clear to me that the quoted Acts passage is a "command" vs a plain statement of what the very early church was like.

At that time all believers were right there in Jerusalem.

It is now 2000 years later. Times have changed.

I am NOT saying that fellowship with other believers is an optional concept. But I don't think we should feel guilty because we can't duplicate the very early church.

2015/9/30 10:31Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi Julius21

yeah i agree, i suppose i would be likened to a watchman warning my brothers and sisters of dangers that the enemy is spiritually doing to invade the church. Most of the churches i have been in and have tried to show the dangers of whats creeping into their church or has already taken over are normally just disregarded or met with hostility. I don't take any denomination on as i found this made me biased towards what God was doing in other churches but they boil down to 2 different groups pentecostal and baptist as these are what i am mostly exposed too.

I personally examine how a church approaches a believes spiritual ground as this will tell what kind of fellowship and teachings the church is doing. The biggest mistake i see all the time is the 4 different grounds of the heart discussed in the gospels. Many unsaved people seeking Jesus haven't had the rocks dug out or the weeds removed from their spirit there fore they are failing in their walk with God under temptation and persecution, often times looking for other methods to self medicate and taking any doctrines on to cover these areas in their hearts.

Religious people use works and self righteousness to justify themselves against their own sins. Then you have the other groups that take on anything spiritual for empowerment with out determining or examining where it comes from. each of these groups are easily detected in motives by their words they use in conversation.

Both of these groups where they do not have a pastor watching over the spiritual well being of the flock can really damage peoples growth in spirituality through fellowship.

the other day i was at a men's Christians breakfast i was invited too and although they all came from the church everyone had a vastly different idea of spiritual manifestations. they couldn't defend their reasoning for their beliefs in the bible and just put in their hearts what they have been taught in the church.

I do feel that God is leading me into these churches to help brothers and sisters in this area as he has been teaching me ways to approach these subjects. But would i send a new christian or someone i loved into these settings no way as i see the destruction it is causing to the congregation.

In saying this i was apart a true church once and it really helped me to know the difference. I have seen some churches that have Gone of track but the pastors have submitted themselves before Jesus and i have the congregation grow spiritually despite a short fall.

2015/9/30 11:33Profile
Theophila

Times have certainly changed!

But in every place where there is true fellowship amongst the believers, each one's physical, psychological and spiritual needs are met.

The most obvious difference between us and the 1st century church is that they had the awesome Holy Spirit actively working within and among them. For the most part, we don't and we have carried on quite nicely without Him.

And He doesn't dwell in filthy vessels. Until we begin to call sin by its proper name [in our own lives, not in other peoples'], we have yet to begin walking with Him.

Oh, there's been change alright, but the change is that we are like the 7 sons of Sceva attempting to do the Lord's work when the Lord of the work is far from us.

2015/9/30 11:41Profile

Re:

We can have the "awesome Holy Spirit actively working within and among" us. But, we must come out of everything that is not of Christ for we cannot serve two Masters. We cannot have a divided heart.

2015/9/30 11:48

Re:

Crusader,

I am glad the Lord is giving you open doors to pull many out of the fire; hating even the garment (religious clothing of self-righteousness) spotted by the flesh. (Jude 1:23)

2015/9/30 11:50

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy