Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : WND

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

WND

I noticed that Christians and conservatives tend to use this site as a source of news. I have wondered why. I used to read it myself but I found they were so much into sensationalism that it took readers on a wild ride to nowhere.
Do any of you read WND? Why do you read it?

John

2015/9/21 8:40Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: WND

I used to look at it some. It is conservative and sympathetic to a Christian world view but like you said it's pretty sensationalistic.

2015/9/21 9:10Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

Like the National Enquirer. Even Drudge links to it often. It is mostly fluff and pandering.

2015/9/21 12:47Profile

Re:

That is true Dolfan, some sites link to WND and you just have to be discerning. Just like when reading CNN or any mainstream media. You can always be taken on a "wild ride."

Seems like most people read WND when being linked to it and that is probably true for many "news" sites.

2015/9/21 12:57

Re:

Now that John has brought it up, I went directly to WND and am looking at Frontpage. Looks to have many articles that other news sites have.

2015/9/21 12:58
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Sensationalism is all I see when I have gone there. I went there after my initial post just to peek. My question is why do Christians use it as a reference to prove and share news? It is like sharing a blown up balloon with people that is full of hot air with not substance. Hence it helps tear down Christian news items that come from this site.

John

2015/9/21 13:59Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Because Christians are desperate for a news source that is not hostile to Christianity.

2015/9/21 14:03Profile

Re:

I can't answer for other Christians.

I see OBAMA BOOTS KIDS WITH CANCER FROM WHITE HOUSE PARK

which I see on Yahoo.

I see HOUSE VOTES TO PROTECT BABIES BORN ALIVE DURING ABORTION

and I see this:

TRUMP: HILLARY CREATED 'BIRTHER' ATTACKS ON OBAMA
'People should go back and look … when they ran against each other in 2008'
Published: 2 hours ago
(THE HILL) Republican front-runner Donald Trump said on Monday that his Democratic counterpart, Hillary Clinton, is responsible for questions about President Obama’s birthplace.

Trump said on “Fox and Friends” that Clinton implied during the 2008 presidential election that Obama was a foreigner.

“People should go back and look at Hillary’s relationship with Obama when they ran against each other in 2008,” he said.

I can find these same news articles on other sites. But, you are right. There are National Enquirer type articles, too.

Can you tell me a serious new site that you esteem?

2015/9/21 14:07
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I go back and forth between Conservative and Liberal. If I find something that is intriguing I will google it to see if any others outlets are picking up the story and see if it is the same or if they are adding to it. Some media will give critical information while others leave things out according to their own bias.

That is my strategy and it takes me all over the place.
NPR has been a big outlet that I used for the liberal side and that includes on the radio in the morning. I don't know of any Conservative news outlets on radio in the morning otherwise I would be giving them a listen as well.

This doesn't answer your question in specifics and it is a hard one to answer for me because do it by strategy or surfing rather than media unless an outlet is just BAD. i.e. charismasnews. I will read it but not taking much seriously there because it is alot of hype and deception there. It is a reason why it is called 'Charisma' tickles the emotions.

John

2015/9/21 14:17Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

All I know is that Christians are "hurt" because mainstream media hates them.

The mainstream media knows this.

Therefore the mainstream media will at times toss the conservatives/Christians a bone.

This makes Christians happy.

But the media is tricky. They are not sincere when they do this. For example, they will gush over a conservative political candidate (which makes conservatives and Christians happy) but the media's true purpose is to try to swing the conservative vote to a candidate who has no chance of beating the liberal contender. This happened after last debate with Carly Fiorina.

2015/9/21 14:18Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy