Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Christ Reveals Himself

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Christ Reveals Himself

“Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”
John 14:21 (ESV)
~~~
“Sometimes the revealed presence of Jesus Christ by His Spirit can be so felt that it affects your physical being. His presence brushes against you. His hand is upon you. A revelation of Him passes right through your soul. You know that the King of Heaven has come and visited you and you feel the lingering embrace of this Holy Being whom you cannot see.

During these times, conviction of sin and failure is accompanied by a profoundly deep awareness of being loved by this Holy One from heaven. A window of heaven opens and a measure of its rarified atmosphere falls upon earth in a particular place at a particular time yielding moments that are indescribable, unexplainable, and unforgettable. And you respond to the Holy One of heaven with hushed reverence, a sober humility, and a more pure worship.

Sometimes stunned silence is the only appropriate response. At other times ‘joy inexpressible…full of glory’ is one’s experience (1 Peter 1:8). In either case, we become aware that we are finite, created beings who have been visited by an infinite, invisible and eternal Creator, Redeemer, and exalted Lord. The sovereign God who is always present everywhere has drawn inexplicably and breathtakingly near in the Person of Jesus Christ by His Spirit.”

- Jerald R. White, Jr.
The Spirit and Presence of Christ, p 168

~~~
"Seeking spiritual experience selfishly can be dangerous. Seeking God for Himself and for His honor is what His Word commands. We should seek His face (Psalm 27:8). We should thirst for Him (Psalm 63:1; 42:1-2). We should draw near to Him (James 4:8; Jeremiah 29:13). Finite human beings can never manipulate Divine Sovereignty. He reigns and does as He pleases (Psalm 115:3). For the sincere soul that seeks God just for Himself, He draws near, and this is the highest blessing this side of heaven. His promises are steadfast and sure, Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you (James 4:8)."

- JRW

2015/9/16 15:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy