Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Finding God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Finding God

“Every one that seeketh findeth.” Now, Jesus said that. And of course, He has reference to finding Him, finding God. “Ye shall seek for Me, and ye shall find Me, in the day when ye shall seek for Me with your whole heart.” Finding God: why, that’s the very object of our salvation—to be reconciled to God. Salvation consists in knowing God. How many, many people miss it! How very, very few people in the world know God!

You can tell it when you travel through the world and meet with works and ministers. The great complaint is like it was by the prophet Jeremiah: the priests knew not the Lord. How differently they would act and live and minister if they knew the Lord! How different our conventions would turn out if those in charge knew the Lord! But why don’t we know Him? Jesus says, “Every one that seeketh findeth.” Findeth what? Why, findeth God.

Are we seeking God? Are we really seeking God? Then we shall find Him. God says we shall find Him. The very principle of faith is to start out with that knowledge: why, “God is.” When you seek for something that you want very badly, you’re not going to give up until you find that thing....

Oh, how blessed are the people who are not satisfied with anything! Many, many things will come your way that will look like it. That’s where most Christians get stuck: they’re satisfied with a little tinsel, a little blessing, a little something. And many times God seems to hide Himself purposely from people who seek Him, to find out whether they can be satisfied with something short of Himself.

But “every one that seeketh findeth.” How wonderful! God Himself makes that statement that “every one”—man or woman or boy or girl—“that seeketh,” He says, “ye shall find Me in the day when ye shall seek for Me with your whole heart."

- Hans R. Waldvogel

2015/9/16 13:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy