SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Our Wayward Minds

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

I had an open vision. Without all the details I was standing before Jesus who was sitting on a white marble throne.

I could not stop crying for three days. 25 years later I still cry whenever I recall it. My walk begins and ends in complete repentance.

marcmc

2015/9/17 14:09
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

Nice testimony marc, and I feel we do need to emphasise the need for repentance over experiences.
I believe the new testament shows us how to have personal revival with our Lord. A feel a lot of people never make the journey from experiences into intimacy with God.

2015/9/17 17:35Profile

Re:

I hear you David and to say that I cut all anchors and headed for the deep is an understament. I realized very early that my hopes for a group of believers intent and intense for the things of God was never going to happen. I launched out to find what I felt had been lost.

I had always been a big reader so an important part for me was getting up at around 3:30 every morning to pray and read ( I always slept very little). So for I did that for around 7 years and on Jan 8th 2000 almost as soon as I got up the Word of the Lord came to me an He said 1 John 4: 17Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment:

(because as he is, so are we in this world. )

18There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 19We love him, because he first loved us.

As clear as a ringing bell in my heart I heard "as I am so are you in this word". And I have lived in a personal revival ever since. This is when He started to bring me wounded, burnt out and confused believers. And He told me He would give me simple words that would set them free from bondages of all kinds. And that is what I have done for 15 years.

Marcmc

2015/9/17 19:17

Re:

The exchanged life is the resurrected life of Jesus flowing through your life. It is total rest in the finished work of Jesus and understanding that the Christian life is Christ life expressed through you not your efforts to achieve or receive something from God.

Matthew 11: 28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Hebrews 4: 8For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. 9There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. 11Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

This kicks in with power when a believer understands that the second Adam completely and totally redeemed them from the fall of the first Adam.

It was not just the cross but it was Jesus total life and the position He now sits in that sets us totally free. The Law is fulfilled to the Father, it is not to be fullfilled by you it is to be expressed through you by the Life of another. It is a shock to believers to hear that they can live a life of expression.

Romans 8:1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 5For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

We are set free from the law of sin and death by the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus.

2015/9/17 19:52

Re:

I mentioned the key and while I walked in the exchanged life for several years I was constantly troubled by simple problem that while seemingly simple seemed to be very difficult. I found freedom from fleshy acts of sin to be one thing to overcome I found that other actions like impatients with others and partiality to be very persistent.

James also emphasized the tounge as the director of the whole course of life and while profanity ended in my life the day I had the vision I found things like grumpling and complaining far more difficult. And this was IMO compounded by the fact that we really don't see them in the same way as open sins of the body or mind. But was there something far bigger going on.

Around 4 years ago the Lord began to deal with me about the tounge and attitudes of the heart and mind. And without a doubt it has changed my life and brought an understanding of Gods view of sins that the exchanged life of the covenant never could.

I only ask one thing at this point. Please, please, please don't assume you know what I'm going to say when I say the word that is key to everything. We as believers default to known positions the second we hear something familiar like a song we know back to front.

2015/9/17 20:08

Re:

The word is Love

Good old fashion, heard it a thousand times love.

But let's take a look at it

1 John 2:7Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning. 8Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth. 9He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now. 10He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him. 11But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

John says that walking in the light is walking in love.

17And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear: 18Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; 19But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 20Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, 21Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. 22Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: 23Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Peter says that unfeigned love is the objective.

Collosians 3:12Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; 13Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. 14And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. 15And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. 16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him

Paul calls love the bond of perfection.

2015/9/17 20:22

Re:

Of course 1 Chorintians 13 is the textbook right?

Love
1Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. 3And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 5Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 6Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; 7Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. 9For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 11When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 13And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

But here was the delemma how do you unify Love. How do you reconcile it with John who said its the commandment that was always there. It was from the beginning because it's God. For God is love and God is light. So to walk in the light of the exchanged life is to walk in Love. Gods Agape love. But how? I had read countless books over the years and had met many believers that all knew Love was the best but what about the toe tapping at the checkout line when I was forced to wait, what about the bonehead that nearly took the front end off my car at an intersection. How did Love fit into those in heat of the moment. How could a person live 24/7 on guard trying to never offend and not only that but meet the positive assertion Love really expresses?

It would take a renewed mind, a different mind, a mind that was fixed and set on autopilot like the body is when the exchanged life is flowing. It's a body that craves no fulfillment it is simply quite and consistent. But the mind while cleansed of unclean thoughts while walking in the Spirit I can attest would react much different in areas of kindness, meekness and impatience when pressed suddenly or unexpectedly. What was wrong?

2015/9/17 20:34

Re:

Romans 12:1I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Paul gives us the macro here in Romans he calls it the renewed mind. I found the key to this transformation is the Mind of Christ. Not the make believe "we have the mind of Christ" you can hear any Sunday morning but an attitude of mind that Jesus had. He walked out the nature of God as God in the flesh and He demonstrated through His obedience to his Father an attitude of mind that rocked my entire life, my wife, kids, coworkers and strangers in check out lines literally tilt their heads and stare at you in disbelief.

Let's look at the micro of Romans 12

Philippians 2:1If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, 2Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. 3Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. 4Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

In Romans Paul beseeched, in Philippians he begs, pleads asks that they fulfill his joy and do what? Have the mind of Christ.

Lets watch the Lords decent! Jesus was God but held not onto that right, he humbled Himself and came to earth as a servant, became a man and as a man humbled Himself further unto death! And not just any death but the death of a cross.

What happened to Him after his descent? He was exalted and given a name above every name! That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow and tounge confess that Jesus is Lord to the glory of the Father.

2015/9/17 20:49

Re:

So what is the key? Is it simple? Is it how the Love walk and the bond of perfectness can revolutionize your life. Can I have a single attitude of the heart that overrides everything else all the time? A freedom within that sets everyone around me free? A rest that never has a single concern about hurting another human being and a fleshly peace that makes temptations pass by absolutely unnoticed? YES!

It is the Mind of Christ. It is written in every word of Jesus life, it is what James, Paul, John and Peter are pleading and it is simply this.

Esteem every other person on the planet GREATER THAN YOURSELF.

I found it a single decision made once that opened the floodgates of a life in the Spirit. It is what walking in the light is. You don't complain, grumble, offend, lust, lie, harm, think ill, cheat, mistreat, hurry, or demand when you esteem.

I encourage you to read the ten commandments and see that Love (esteeming others greater than yourself) is the total fulfillment of what God declared. Think of the early Church now and see how they easily went to be martyred, see how Jesus only forgave, see Abraham ( he knew it) could live among the people's he did and they had nothing but respect for Him. See how others in Gods providence and time were detested because of their self promotion instead of esteeming. Look at Lucifers raised voice as he sought ascension without decention and notice John the Baptist in contrast.

It goes on and on brothers and it's effortless. I encourage a reread of the entire NT and watch as esteeming others explodes off the page in the lives of those that were pleasing unto God by walking in the same Mind that was in Christ Jesus. I assure you that you will feel like a sacrifice as you walk this out. A living sacrifice.

marcmc

2015/9/17 21:09

Re:

Read the Words of the Lord in the context of the brief outline I have written and see if it speaks to your heart in a different way. I only post a few words but all the way through chapter 7 is awesome. See where your finances fits in, it changed everything for my wife and I as we started esteeming others greater than us in money.

3Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

5Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

6Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

7Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

8Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

9Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 12Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
13Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
14Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

marcmc

2015/9/17 21:31

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy