SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The coming of the lawless one by Derek Prince

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 The coming of the lawless one by Derek Prince

"Now I want to explore the final manifestation of the spirit of antichrist: the Antichrist. I believe this is something that is still in the future. I want to examine some very important passages of Scripture so that you are not unaware of what Satan is planning.

In 2 Thessalonians 2, Paul deals with the appearance, revelation, and manifestation of the Antichrist. He also addresses preparation for the Lord’s return. And they are very closely intertwined, because the final satanic act before the return of the Lord will be the revealing of the Antichrist. In fact, Paul says that the Lord will destroy the Antichrist with the brightness of His coming. In 2 Thessalonians 2:1–2 we read:

Now brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us.

The word coming there is the word parousia in Greek, which is normally used for the second coming of Jesus.

Paul wrote, “Don’t be shaken or troubled, neither by spirit, or by word or by letter as if from us,” because he knew that many Christians would be prepared to believe specific predictions as to when Jesus would return. I certainly have heard plenty of these predictions over the course of my ministry, and I am amazed at the multitudes of Christians that become fixated on them.

Let’s look at 2 Thessalonians 2:3:

[Don’t be deceived] as though the day of Christ had come. Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition.

The term falling away in Greek is apostacia, meaning an apostasy—a deliberate rejection of revealed truth.

This verse offers two titles of the Antichrist. First, he is the man of sin—or man of lawlessness. He is the supreme embodiment of man’s rebellion against God and rejection of God’s laws. He is also called the son of perdition, the one who is headed for a lost eternity. Judas Iscariot is the only other person in the New Testament who is called son of perdition. He was a false apostle.

So we see three different names for the same being: the Antichrist, the man of lawlessness, the son of perdition. And we have one other important name in Revelation 13:1. This is part of a vision that John had in this revelation:

I saw a beast rising up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his horns ten crowns, and on his heads a blasphemous name. Now the beast which I saw was like a leopard, his feet were like the feet of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. And the dragon gave him his power, his throne, and great authority. I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed. And all the world marveled and followed the beast. So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?”

Here we see the fourth title: the beast—a person who is going to arise to whom Satan (the dragon) will give his power. Why will Satan give his power to this person? Because that will enable this person to gain dominion over the entire human race and to persuade the entire human race to do the one thing that Satan wants most: to worship him. This is his goal. He has been working on this patiently for many centuries, and he is very near to the achievement of his goal at this time.

Notice one of his heads had been “mortally wounded” and healed. There is a sort of false resurrection here. I don’t know whether this person will be assassinated, but he will apparently be dead, and he will return to life.

In Revelation 5:5, John had seen a vision of a scroll in the hand of God, and there was no one who was found worthy to open the scroll. So John was weeping

But one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep. Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the scroll and to loose its seven seals.” And I looked, and behold, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain.
John was looking for a lion, but the lion is a lamb. That is a deliberate contradiction. God’s appointed ruler does not have the nature of the beast. He has the nature of the Lamb. And He is highly exalted above all others because He laid down His life. He humbled Himself. He went the way of meekness and humility, because He did not resist His arresters and His persecutors. I believe that the church in these days is going to need to display the same nature. And I don’t believe it is easy.

We have seen that the people worshiped the beast. And they all were convinced it was hopeless to make war with the beast. I’m not certain what sort of circumstances will convince “all the world” that it is futile to fight back. When you consider the age of technology and weaponry in which we currently live, it is easy to believe that the situation pictured here could be very close.

In Revelation 13:6–7 we see the antichrist take action:

Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven. And it was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them.

He is the open challenger of God. He is not a secret enemy; he shakes his fist in the face of Almighty God. And who do you think granted him permission to make war with—and overcome—the saints? I presume it is God, which is a very sobering thought. Let’s never forget that Christianity is not all easy victory.

Let’s go further and look at verse 8:

All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

What a dramatic statement! The entire human race will worship him—except those God has chosen for Himself. I want to finish by looking again at 2 Thessalonians 2:3:

Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day [the coming of the Lord] will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed.

I believe this falling away is taking place in the world today. Through the centuries there have been church leaders who have been wicked, but they have not openly denied the great basic truths of the Christian faith. In fact, those truths have been the means they used to support their power. But the twentieth century saw church leaders deny the great basic truths of the Christian faith: the deity of Jesus, His virgin birth, His atoning death, His physical resurrection and His return. I don’t believe this existed in any previous century. I believe that we are already confronted with the apostasy. Always remember that the church is the bulwark against error. So Satan has to penetrate the church before he can break through with his error."

2015/9/6 17:59Profile
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Re: The coming of the lawless one by Derek Prince

This:

"He [Jesus] went the way of meekness and humility, because He did not resist His arresters and His persecutors. I believe that the church in these days is going to need to display the same nature. And I don’t believe it is easy...

In Revelation 13:6–7 we see the antichrist take action:

'Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven. And it was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them.'

...And who do you think granted him permission to make war with—and overcome—the saints? I presume it is God, which is a very sobering thought. Let’s never forget that Christianity is not all easy victory."

2015/9/6 18:38Profile
makrothumia

Texas

Re:

My wife and I found the message on YouTube and were very blessed as this brother taught a rather modest gathering of saints. Thanks for posting Greg.

2015/9/7 21:02Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: The coming of the lawless one by Derek Prince

For many years now the church has been
looking for the rapture to take place and
for the antichrist to be revealed.

Derek Prince makes it very clear from his
teaching on "The Spirit of antichrist" that
This spirit has been operating in this world
since the birth of Jesus.

Antichrist not only means "against Christ"