SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : KENTUCKY CLERK JAILED

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
wildhorse86

Re:

"At the time she repented in the church pew, Davis had been divorced three times, according to court records. Her current husband, Joe Davis, arrived at the courthouse Tuesday to check in on his wife as a protest raged on the courthouse lawn.

She made some mistakes," Staver said. "She's regretful and sorrowful. That life she led before is not the life she lives now. She asked for and received forgiveness and grace. That's why she has such a strong conscience."

Well, she hasn't been the best role model I can agree but she has repented since those few divorces. It has also been publicly said that she admits she was wrong in her actions before coming to Christ.

Paul murdered Christians yet on conversion and repentance became one of the most influential life changers ever!

I can see the media will try and trip this lady up with her past but I am encouraged by her strength to not cave in.

I ask God now to help his truth shine through this situation despite her checkered past.

2015/9/3 23:10Profile
proudpapa

Re:

RE: ///Does it differ from a government lawyer tasked to prosecute a christian advocating his faith or a government doctor asked to perform a therapeutic abortion. Are they allowed to exercise discreetion based on their conscience.///

I believe there is a big difference.

Kim Davis was not appointed.

Kim Davis is an elected official : her job is to represent the voters of her community in which she most likely is.

We need more elected officials willing to stand there ground and represent the views of there constituents.

2015/9/3 23:17Profile
Sree

Re:

In our Church there is an Elder who worked in a Government run hospital in India as an Anesthetist. He refused to administer Anesthesia to those who undergo abortion. He was threatened by his senior doctors and government. They told him that he will be fired from job. He answered that he is willing to die and leave the earth, why should he be worried about leaving a job? Do what you can.

He worked in the same hospital with same stand till his retirement. No one could make him do anything against his faith. God protected him in the midst of all enemies.

I believe we can take such stands based on how the Lord as lead us. We cannot speak for Ms Davis, let her take the sand that the Lord wants from her.

2015/9/4 3:01Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi All

Michael i stand in agreement with what you have said.
no one is ever going to be the best role model as we have all sinned before God we have all sat in a position of sin that is vile to God. If Jesus has washed her sins then she is a saint in Gods eyes. the fact that she has a shady past only re-enforces the fact of that we are all sinners but can be redeemed of this sin when we kneel before the cross the only righteous person is the lord Jesus Christ this is the "Good news of the Gospel".

What i can see is that Satan always draws the fight into the flesh and tries to deceive when it comes to our salvation. She is knew in her walk but she has taken up her cross and followed the Lord to the best of her knowledge. I wish i was there to stand by her and support her during this but the Lord will be and if she stands during this fiery trial then she has earned her marks of Christ which sadly many do not.

Is there other ways to approach the situation, yes but i know that because of my own personal trials. She will be in my prayers and is my hope that she does not faint under the heat of the day which will only re-enforce the message of the gospel again.

2015/9/4 3:17Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

I love Kim Davies - she reminds of the the Adulterous Woman at the well. He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Now this ex-Adulterous Woman is defending marriage; truly those who have been forgiven much love much...

2015/9/4 8:05Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

For some reason Mark 12:17 comes to mind on this....And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

2015/9/4 8:14Profile

Re:

Quote:
by wildhorse86 on 2015/9/3 23:10:09

"At the time she repented in the church pew, Davis had been divorced three times, according to court records. Her current husband, Joe Davis, arrived at the courthouse Tuesday to check in on his wife as a protest raged on the courthouse lawn.

She made some mistakes," Staver said. "She's regretful and sorrowful. That life she led before is not the life she lives now. She asked for and received forgiveness and grace. That's why she has such a strong conscience."

Well, she hasn't been the best role model I can agree but she has repented since those few divorces. It has also been publicly said that she admits she was wrong in her actions before coming to Christ.

Paul murdered Christians yet on conversion and repentance became one of the most influential life changers ever!

I can see the media will try and trip this lady up with her past but I am encouraged by her strength to not cave in.

I ask God now to help his truth shine through this situation despite her checkered past.

At the time in this thread when her divorces were brought up, I had a feeling that something profound must have happened to her, because a person would not put their life on the line like this if still living for self. She is rendering to God.

There are other officials in Kentucky that are not giving out marriage certificates, too. Judge Bunning says his ruling applies to them, also. Prayers for them.

2015/9/4 8:54
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Mama,

I have heard, read about her sordid past as well...

Does scripture not teach us that God uses the most imperfect people to carry out his wishes? and how they did it may have been severely flawed? I am thinking of Rahab..yet she was praised for her faith. And there are many others.

When I read about these people in the scriptures and how flawed they were, I feel in my spirit to back off and see what will happen. I suspect things are happening that will never make the news.

On one site I read in the comments section a serious dicsussion on divorce/remarriage... Now when would one see that??!! Even here on SI this can generate a heated discussion. People are talking about serious issues, issues that used to be taboo on a news forum...they are being confronted...

If God has to resort to using such flawed people what does that tell us about the righteous? Or, maybe... Dunno, mama... I do know a modern hero of mine was a Jew, a Lutheran whose church persecuted Anabaptists but God used him anyways; his testimony has inspired many - I am talking about Richard Wurmbrand.

I think we are in a war, similar to the one that today is referred to as the Civil Rights movement. May we be found faithful.

My opinion.

God bless.

Sandra

2015/9/4 10:54Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Too bad I cannot "like" your popst, Sree.

Sandra

2015/9/4 11:00Profile

Re:

Sandra, I did not know that about RW and his Lutheran Church. Where can I find out more info about them persecuting the Anabaptists?

2015/9/4 12:02

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy